De Plane De Plane! ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

De Plane De Plane! ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. What the hell was that foul call on Clingan 45 seconds in? Between in situ, half-time and after the game, I rewatched it a bunch of times, and I still didn't see anything resembling a foul.
  2. Beautiful bucket for Castle off the Spencer steal and pass, barely 2 minutes in.
  3. Only 5 assists in our first 29 points. Very uncharacteristic for us.
  4. 20 point lead not quite 15 minutes in.
  5. Did not like that last possession of the half at all. Ended badly, but when you sit on the ball until there's 10 seconds left on the clock, you're really giving the opposition a gift of only having to play D for 10 seconds.
  6. Half time -- 22 rebounds to DePaul's 12. 6-3 lead on steals, thanks to Diarra with 4 and Spence with 2. Everyone who has played has scored, but only Alex is in double figures. Scoring percentages -- 55, 33, 78 to 41, 20, 60.
  7. If I see the Christopher Walken commercial again, I may be forced to turn the damned game off.
  8. Ended the game with 56,46,73 shooting percentages to DePaul's 41,30,71 and a 41 to 25 rebound edge. 22,8,7 in dimes, steals and blocks, to DP's 15,3,4.
  9. All five starters in double figures, plus Stewart.
  10. Bench scored 31 points and played 68 minutes.
  11. Gonna have to play a lot better this weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I only take exception to one thing. The Christopher Walken commercial was far more entertaining then the game.

Good for the players to keep that level of concentration for long enough to ensure a blowout with Marquette on the horizon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I only take exception to one thing. The Christopher Walker commercial was far more entertaining then the game.

Good for the players to keep that level of concentration for long enough to ensure a blowout with Marquette on the horizon.

Agreed - but damn it was on a lot.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Imagine yourself reading #7 aloud, Christopher Walken style.
Then try it. Then be it. Then burn it.

Really a shame to waste the end of half opportunity. Danny needs to watch tape of Geno expressing disgust when he gets the quick interview before going into the locker room.

#2 was such a smooth thing of beauty so quickly into the game.

Enough floor time now for 3 freshman to play confidently. Great for mid-February, and fully needed for all that's ahead.

Stay healthy and fine tune the 5.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Imagine yourself reading #7 aloud, Christopher style. Then try it. Then be it. Then burn it.
I'm not sure if the awful attempts as imitating his speaking cadence were awful on purpose or not. But I am sure that they ran that ad way, way too much. It may hav been mildly amusing the first time, and possibly the 2nd time. But by... ...the fifty-second time--- ---around, --- --- was just f'in --- --- annoying.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if the awful attempts as imitating his speaking cadence were awful on purpose or not. But I am sure that they ran that ad way, way too much. It may hav been mildly amusing the first time, and possibly the 2nd time. But by... ...the fifty-second time--- ---around, --- --- was just f'in --- --- annoying.
It felt like that and the TEMU commercial were leftovers from Super Bowl packaged ad buying that CBS dumped into CBSS, like clearance good when there's excess inventory.

Reaction Score
  1. What the hell was that foul call on Clingan 45 seconds in? Between in situ, half-time and after the game, I rewatched it a bunch of times, and I still didn't see anything resembling a foul.
  2. Beautiful bucket for Castle off the Spencer steal and pass, barely 2 minutes in.
  3. Only 5 assists in our first 29 points. Very uncharacteristic for us.
  4. 20 point lead not quite 15 minutes in.
  5. Did not like that last possession of the half at all. Ended badly, but when you sit on the ball until there's 10 seconds left on the clock, you're really giving the opposition a gift of only having to play D for 10 seconds.
  6. Half time -- 22 rebounds to DePaul's 12. 6-3 lead on steals, thanks to Diarra with 4 and Spence with 2. Everyone who has played has scored, but only Alex is in double figures. Scoring percentages -- 55, 33, 78 to 41, 20, 60.
  7. If I see the Christopher Walken commercial again, I may be forced to turn the damned game off.
  8. Ended the game with 56,46,73 shooting percentages to DePaul's 41,30,71 and a 41 to 25 rebound edge. 22,8,7 in dimes, steals and blocks, to DP's 15,3,4.
  9. All five starters in double figures, plus Stewart.
  10. Bench scored 31 points and played 68 minutes.
  11. Gonna have to play a lot better this weekend.
There was no foul on that play that I saw and that kind of call in a tourney big game situation if it happens a couple times can end a team’s season. Samson is fine and we play small really well but Clingan has to be careful.

Reaction Score
It looks like to me that DC has been planned for by opponents for 14 conference games now and the obvious plan is to get him in foul trouble and send him to the bench.
The Zebras can't help but look for anything that looks like it can be a foul and can't help but blow the whistle even when it's questionable.

Reaction Score
I like the commercial. Everyone of us here has tried their CW imitation during or after watching it. (typed in Christopher Walken's voice cadence)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom