2023 Recruiting: - Darius Carr requests National Letter of Intent release from New Mexico State | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Darius Carr requests National Letter of Intent release from New Mexico State

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
UConn was recruiting him before. Is he something they need? Sounds like Solomon Ball filled that role. Will they even have room for another recruit in the 2023 class?

I remember during the recruitment it feeling like we backed off after initially offering

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He can’t shoot and as of right now the only shooter we have for next year is Karaban

If anything I’m worried about freeing up the scholarships for shooter transfers

Reaction Score
He can’t shoot and as of right now the only shooter we have for next year is Karaban

If anything I’m worried about freeing up the scholarships for shooter transfers

I thought Stewart and Ross were shooters...No?

caw

Reaction Score
I thought Stewart and Ross were shooters...No?
Ross definitely is, but there is some question on how ready he will be physically. He's still growing into his body.

Stewart and Castle aren't non-shooters but they can both be streaky. Stewart's shot is a bit slow, but he has good form and a relatively high release (from what I recall). Castle is shooting from the PG position and the obvious best player on his team so he might fair better with better players around him, better screens, etc.

Ball is not a shooter, but he can shoot decently.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Isn't UConn over the scholarship limit, provided no under classmen leave, as it is? I get the feeling from the CTInsider article that NBA scouts believe it would behoove each of the featured players, (Hawkins, Jackson, and Sanogo) to get one more year. Only Hawkins is a 1st rounder, but is not yet a clear lottery pick. Jackson and Sanogo are probably not getting paid in $USD their 1st year or so out of college.

Reaction Score
Even if he was interested in UConn still I think we're at the upper limits of a reasonable amount of freshman for one class at 5. The open spots we'll have in the spring need to go to shooters in the portal to start around Clingan next year

Reaction Score
Isn't UConn over the scholarship limit, provided no under classmen leave, as it is? I get the feeling from the CTInsider article that NBA scouts believe it would behoove each of the featured players, (Hawkins, Jackson, and Sanogo) to get one more year. Only Hawkins is a 1st rounder, but is not yet a clear lottery pick. Jackson and Sanogo are probably not getting paid in $USD their 1st year or so out of college.

Every scout thinks Hawkins should leave. He has guaranteed money coming his way on draft night.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Every scout thinks Hawkins should leave. He has guaranteed money coming his way on draft night.

Hawkins is going to move on to the NBA and Sanogo is going to move on to somewhere else I would imagine.
Probably so. I'm just saying that while it would raise my eyebrow if Hawkins stays, I would not require a fainting couch.

Reaction Score
Even if he was interested in UConn still I think we're at the upper limits of a reasonable amount of freshman for one class at 5. The open spots we'll have in the spring need to go to shooters in the portal to start around Clingan next year
If Hawkins and Sanogo leave which I also expect we will be right at the scholarship number. You expect there to be more openings?

Reaction Score
If Hawkins and Sanogo leave which I also expect we will be right at the scholarship number. You expect there to be more openings?
I think there's gonna be turnover with the transfer portal every year, so probably a few spots. Won't speculate on who as I'd just be blindly guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom