Danny had 3 coaches to influence him | The Boneyard

Danny had 3 coaches to influence him

Reaction Score
It dawned on me this tournament, he went with the greatest one ever. In all basketball. Not the greatest high school hall of fame coach. Not one the greatest men’s coaches ever. No. It’s Geno. The well earned cocky/confident statements still with a little vinegar, much like GA, just scream out to me.

Bty- chuck has said over and over how great ARk d was. Oh well.
3-4pt Vegas spreads = 20
Jordan has turned the ball over every game on the first possession I believe. KEEP IT UP

I think we are he highest kenpom defense left
And we sleep w as liked through 2 elite defenses in consecutive games.

We are playing at a historical level right now.

2011 defense was unconscious

2014 free throws were the best ever.

I have no words right now ( accept all the ones behind this one)

I prefer UCLA. Seem like a better matchup for us and facing Mick would be a great finger to the AAC

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Our defensive game plans have been elite. Not one team has had an answer for Sanogo and it’s opening up everyone else on offense.

Reaction Score
Our defensive game plans have been elite. Not one team has had an answer for Sanogo and it’s opening up everyone else on offense.
the adjustments Hurley and the staff made with Jackson on the offensive end saved the season. It has freed Sanogo up and given Jackson the ability to get easy buckets when Sanogo gets doubled. Sanogo also deserves a lot of credit for whatever he did to get himself into better shape. He was gassed at the end of the last couple seasons and it hurt us a lot. Today he had another incredible game without even eating or drinking all day.

Reaction Score
It dawned on me this tournament, he went with the greatest one ever. In all basketball. Not the greatest high school hall of fame coach. Not one the greatest men’s coaches ever. No. It’s Geno. The well earned cocky/confident statements still with a little vinegar, much like GA, just scream out to me.

3-4pt Vegas spreads = 20
Jordan has turned the ball over every game on the first possession I believe. KEEP IT UP

I prefer UCLA. Seem like a better matchup for us and facing Mick would be a great finger to the AAC
Im pretty sure UCLA is number 2 in defense for kenpom.

Reaction Score
As of right now. All stats. All stars. All UConn history. Through 3 games of stats and eye tests. Which former team wants anything to do with this one? I’d say 14 and 03. But. Really? The metrics are just ridiculous and it almost looks like the players are even more locked in than in the JC days.

Reaction Score
As of right now. All stats. All stars. All UConn history. Through 3 games of stats and eye tests. Which former team wants anything to do with this one? I’d say 14 and 03. But. Really? The metrics are just ridiculous and it almost looks like the players are even more locked in than in the JC days.
It’s all about matchups honestly. We would struggle BAD with ‘04. They have what we have but just better. But this team passes so damn well. Options galore.

Reaction Score
It’s all about matchups honestly. We would struggle BAD with ‘04. They have what we have but just better. But this team passes so damn well. Options galore.
Absolutely. This team is playing great, but that team was LOADED. Would be a tremendous matchup

Reaction Score

3-4pt Vegas spreads = 20

umm...except

Reaction Score
the adjustments Hurley and the staff made with Jackson on the offensive end saved the season. It has freed Sanogo up and given Jackson the ability to get easy buckets when Sanogo gets doubled. Sanogo also deserves a lot of credit for whatever he did to get himself into better shape. He was gassed at the end of the last couple seasons and it hurt us a lot. Today he had another incredible game without even eating or drinking all day.
Adama can thank one Mr. Donovan Clingan for being fresh for the entire 40 minute game. Clingan gives him not only to sit for 5-7 minutes at clip and rest, but to play his minutes on the court at 100% because he knows there’s a rest for him. Clingan comes in the game and immediately impacts game in a positive way. Yes there’s a bit of am offensive drop off, but there is a huge defensive boost in the paint. No one wants to challenge him in the 3 second area. He literally stopped at least two 2v1 fast breaks by just being in the vicinity of the play. You can’t coach that. You can’t teach that. We’re just lucky to have him!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
3 Alabama
4 Houston
6 SDSU
10 Texas
13 UConn
14 Creighton
27 K-State
29 FAU
62 Xavier
73 Gonzaga
raw.gif

Reaction Score
Last night in a post game interview, Dan brought up George Blaney.

It got me a a 20 minute diatribe to my significant other on how much I thought George brought to our program.

Calhoun out due to stomach issues, it was like nothing changed. The kids looked up to George Blaney like he was a HC and we had some wonderful wins when he took over.

Reaction Score

It got me a a 20 minute diatribe to my significant other on how much I thought George brought to our program.

Calhoun out due to stomach issues, it was like nothing changed. The kids looked up to George Blaney like he was a HC and we had some wonderful wins when he took over.
Blaney was also invaluable in helping Ollie with game planning on the NCAA title run.

Reaction Score

We'll feel the same way about Tom the the time he retires. He's been around D1 for decades, and knows everybody. He's willing to give our young hotshot coaches room to shine, but is a total rock for this program.

Reaction Score
DH gives a lot of credit to George Blaney for keeping his college playing career from going off the tracks and re-instilling in him his love for the game.. I would say his impact was significant with DH.. And JC having George as his wing man at UConn for a few years was fun to watch.. Danny and Coach Calhoun have George in common..

Reaction Score

Agree, George understood the game at a very elite level. Calhoun would be the first one to tell you George could analyze some aspects of the game as well if not better than he could.
Having said that, Doug Wiggins made a mistake saying he felt more comfortable playing for George than Jim. LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom