Danni Williams at Texas | The Boneyard

Danni Williams at Texas

Reaction Score
is graduating with a masters at the end of this semester. Just a small reminder about grad transfers. Some of them are interested in academics. It always makes me happy to see student athletes on the graduation list for undergraduate or graduate degrees.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
is graduating with a masters at the end of this semester. Just a small reminder about grad transfers. Some of them are interested in academics. It always makes me happy to see student athletes on the graduation list for undergraduate or graduate degrees.
I'd like to know what the statistics are on grad transfers actually completing their degree. I get the sense it's fairly rare.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'd like to know what the statistics are on grad transfers actually completing their degree. I get the sense it's fairly rare.
Vacate victories.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I thought the definition of a graduate transfer (and the thing that allows her to play immediately at her new school) is that she has ALREADY graduated from her "old" school. Is this a misunderstanding?

Reaction Score
I believe the NCAA and others need to take a different perspective with respect to WCBB, because with the advent of the increased numbers of overseas basketball opportunities available it has become a viable vocation. For a greater number of players, it has become a means to play professional sports and not just a means for a college degree. In fact, the value of a college degree is becoming more and more diminished. A lot of young people with degrees that have little value in the job market.

They might think about seeing college basketball as a curriculum rather than extracurricular activities. When they deny a student the right to play their maximum eligible games, they are keeping them from learning skills that will impact their earning power and long term success at their jobs. I understand that they also have a responsibility to make sure that players do not make a career out of playing in college, but they should get at least 4 years or the number of games that are the equivalent.

If a player goes over their allotted number of games to get an extra year due to injury, then if that injury keeps them out of the early part of next season that should be considered as a trade-off. That way going over by one game would not disqualify them for an injury waiver because if it is an ACL that player would not be able to play the early part of the next season. Not being able to play effectively for two consecutive seasons would definitely impact those players' earnings at least for the first few years of professional ball.

Reaction Score
I thought the definition of a graduate transfer (and the thing that allows her to play immediately at her new school) is that she has ALREADY graduated from her "old" school. Is this a misunderstanding?
She already graduated from A&M. But I believe part of the grad transfer rules are that they have to enroll in a graduate degree program at the new institution. Not sure if it’s still required that the grad program be something not available at the school they are leaving. This is part of the fiction that it’s available for academic reasons.

Some players are in real grad degree programs. Presumably Danni was at Texas. Mizzou had a guard, Lauren Aldridge, who transferred from Kansas. She actually completed 2 years of law school during her eligibility. But she hadn’t graduated from Kansas so she finished her undergrad during the year she couldn’t play.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm referring to completing their graduate degree. The whole point of allowing graduate transfers immediate eligibility is to not force a student-athlete to choose between pursuing the graduate academic program of their choice and remaining at their undergraduate institution just to exhaust their athletic eligibility.

Reaction Score
I'm referring to completing their graduate degree. The whole point of allowing graduate transfers immediate eligibility is to not force a student-athlete to choose between pursuing the graduate academic program of their choice and remaining at their undergraduate institution just to exhaust their athletic eligibility.

As far as I am aware Chloe Jackson did not and I doubt Cooper will as it is the same program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom