OT: - Dana Barros Basketball Facility | The Boneyard

OT: Dana Barros Basketball Facility

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Dana Barros opened a basketball facility near me a few months ago. AAU, general admit, skills clinics etc. I questioned the location as it's in kind of a dead area, but the place is crazy packed every weekend. It's in a former car dealership lot and there's not a spot open on Saturdays or Sundays. Below is a width-wise image, there are three or four courts.

Based on the popularity of this facility, I am curious if any former Huskies have done anything similar?

9_large.JPG

Reaction Score
Barros is shrewd. He didn’t lose his money, he kept business and personal affairs separate. He’s no dummy.

Reaction Score
Barros is shrewd. He didn’t lose his money, he kept business and personal affairs separate. He’s no dummy.
Ehh...maybe not THAT shrewd after all.

Barros...abruptly walking away from a failed business venture that cost him more than $2.5 million and plunged him into a legal jam in which a judge has granted one of his creditors a $650,000 attachment on his real estate holdings, including his Milton home.

He is entangled in two lawsuits in Bristol County Superior Court in which construction companies are seeking nearly $800,000 in unpaid bills.

...has spent part of the last year trying to protect the balance of his personal wealth from creditors.

I admire what he has tried to do for the kids, and is now trying again. But hopefully he is learning from his prior mistakes. ;)

Reaction Score
Ehh...maybe not THAT shrewd after all.

Barros...abruptly walking away from a failed business venture that cost him more than $2.5 million and plunged him into a legal jam in which a judge has granted one of his creditors a $650,000 attachment on his real estate holdings, including his Milton home.

He is entangled in two lawsuits in Bristol County Superior Court in which construction companies are seeking nearly $800,000 in unpaid bills.

...has spent part of the last year trying to protect the balance of his personal wealth from creditors.

I admire what he has tried to do for the kids, and is now trying again. But hopefully he is learning from his prior mistakes. ;)

He was shrewd. In the end, they couldn’t take his personal assets. He’s fine financially. He set it up under an LLC and they couldn’t take much. His house was collateral, so it was attached, but the $650,000 lien on it was peanuts compared to the overall project cost. He leased that building and made all of the improvements to it. When he walked away, the owner of the building kept the improvements and the courts determined that the contractors couldn’t chase the property owner for the LLC’s debts. They also couldn’t chase Barros’ personal fortune for the debts of the corporation. He kept the business separate and refused to blur the line between “business” and “ personal” by paying everyone off but settled with them rather than attempt to completely stiff them.

It is frowned upon by many to refuse to pay a debt, but all agreements have risk priced into them. When you borrow money for a venture, the lender has priced in the risk. Some will pay their debts and others won’t. Some businesses will fail and others will flourish. Dana’s failed and he walked away within his rights. He was not buried by his business failings like many athletes and celebrities are.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It is frowned upon by many to refuse to pay a debt, but all agreements have risk priced into them.
Are such general legal principles applicable to employment contracts as well? Interesting hypothetical.

Reaction Score
I would put my money on Lyman DePriest.

Whenever I see or hear the name Dana Barros, the first thing that comes to mind is Lyman and how he completely shut him down
back when JC inserted him into the game to do exactly that. One of the greatest defensive jobs ever by a Husky.

MrP

Reaction Score
A guidance counselor at the school where I teach sends his kid there, and says the coaching and talent are top notch for the age level (4th grade)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've been in a ton of these types of facilities over the years. They are all packed on the weekends. Not sure how they are during the week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom