Dan Hurley cracks me up... | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley cracks me up...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Definitely not the Samoans.

Dan talks of being an old soul and as someone who is in his 50's, these male sense.

Dan and Cam as a tag team? I'll go with Moon Dogs Rex and Spot, New Age Outlaws, Arn Anderson and Barry Windham, or maybe Rock and Roll Express.

Take it another path of Dan as a manager and Cam as a wrestler, Grand Wizard and Don Muraco.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You need somebody with a certain amount of strut and flair and smack talking. I'm thinking maybe Hulk Hogan and Randi Macho Man Savage.
IMG_1976.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hurley had it right. He and Spencer are Hawk and Animal- The Legion of Doom/Road Warriors

Road Warriors Sport GIF by WWE

Nah. Road Warriors whole appeal was being physically intimidating and overpowering their opponents. Can and Cam are more subtle in their lethality. Cam's 6'5" and I don't think we've seen him dunk all year. He excels in spite of how he looks physically. Although Hurley would make a great Paul Ellering as a manager. Truth be told, Hurley would be a great wrestling manager between his mic skills and ring side antics.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nah. Road Warriors whole appeal was being physically intimidating and overpowering their opponents. Can and Cam are more subtle in their lethality. Cam's 6'5" and I don't think we've seen him dunk all year. He excels in spite of how he looks physically. Although Hurley would make a great Paul Ellering as a manager. Truth be told, Hurley would be a great wrestling manager between his mic skills and ring side antics.
They talk like the road warriors.

They also could be Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA

Reaction Score
Definitely not the Samoans.

Dan talks of being an old soul and as someone who is in his 50's, these male sense.

Dan and Cam as a tag team? I'll go with Moon Dogs Rex and Spot, New Age Outlaws, Arn Anderson and Barry Windham, or maybe Rock and Roll Express.

Take it another path of Dan as a manager and Cam as a wrestler, Grand Wizard and Don Muraco.
Fabulous freebirds. But moon dogs got me. I’d take a Mr Fuji and Mr saito as well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They are 100% the Dudley Boyz. Hurley has that crazy look in his eye like they did.
True.

But Ivan & Igor were a riot (if you're old enough to have seen them). Igor with the polish sausages in the ring, Ivan walking in with a sledge hammer rested on his shoulder like a baseball bat.

Reaction Score
View attachment 98509

Fun fact:

I had a newspaper route from ages 9-14. One of the customers was Tony Altomare. He was exclusively a referee at that point.
Wow, only knew Captain Lou as a manager!
True.

But Ivan & Igor were a riot (if you're old enough to have seen them). Igor with the polish sausages in the ring, Ivan walking in with a sledge hammer rested on his shoulder like a baseball bat.
Ivan Putski? Aka the Polish Hammer?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wow, only knew Captain Lou as a manager!

Ivan Putski? Aka the Polish Hammer?

Yes, earlier in this thread I posted a picture with a tag team match. Ivan Putski & the Mighty Igor were a tag team for a while, including when I started watching in the late 1960's. At that point, neither Altomare nor Albano wrestled much.

I don't know which came first, the hammer nickname or Ivan walking in with the sledgehammer but he carried it with him entering the ring for years.

putski.jpg

Reaction Score
Was HUGE wrestling fan back when Snuka was around and the Hogan era. As an adult never watched it and actually couldn’t stand it. Recently my 13 year old son started watching it with his friends and asked me to watch it with him, and it has been really good. Then at work I am finding out that ALOT of people are watching it again and that it has made a huge huge comeback. And I have to say, it is good even knowing it’s fake, I like how they have moved forward with the times and how it’s done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom