Dallas signs Terry Larrier | The Boneyard

Dallas signs Terry Larrier

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Where's that thread where everyone talked about how much he sucked?

Reaction Score
54E87817-B5EB-44E9-AEEB-23223ABBDF25.gif

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Where's that thread where everyone talked about how much he sucked?
Which one?
We were starved for so much last year that everything and everybody was a target. As fans, we didn't have a good year either.
I acknowledge myself as among those were unhappy with his play, but wish only the best for him. I'd hope and imagine many here feel the same.

Reaction Score
Good Luck to him and wish him the best but I see him getting waived by end of camp like Boat did with Jersey and then end up in the G League before taking more money playing overseas.

Last edited:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Which one?
We were starved for so much last year that everything and everybody was a target. As fans, we didn't have a good year either.
I acknowledge myself as among those were unhappy with his play, but wish only the best for him. I'd hope and imagine many here feel the same.

I thought the one discussing his decision to leave the program was the worst. Seemed like many were rooting against the kid.

Reaction Score
Which one?
To be fair... He really couldn't dribble which was pretty jarring. He didn't/doesn't deserve any vitriol though. I hope he does well.

Reaction Score
Which one?
Ditto for me I'm sad to admit

Reaction Score
I doubt he makes a pro roster. He lacks basic basketball skills. It’s amazing he made it as far as he did.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:
Are you really rooting against him? The more pros the school generates, the better the program becomes. If you want to bash anyone, bash the guy who failed at developing him to his potential. Just ask Rodney Purvis.

Where did he learn the spin move without keeping his dribble? Oh that must’ve been KO who taught him how not to handle the ball what was I thinking....lol:rolleyes:

Wish him well but the improvements required would make it more than a long shot, hope he find a path in Europe to make some dollars best option.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Is this a preemptive rant or something? This threads pretty tame so far...

Preemptive?! .... here's a taste of some posts in this thread of people already trashing Larrier since the thread was posted less than 90 mins ago (I left out your quote saying he couldn't even dribble) ...

If Larrier really impresses? Good luck with that.
I doubt he makes a pro roster. He lacks basic basketball skills. It’s amazing he made it as far as he did.
He was terrible in summer league. Best of luck.

There was way worse stuff in the thread announcing his decision to forgo more time at UConn.

And to think, these are supposed 'fans' of our team. The fact they're trashing a kid who put 3 years of blood, sweat, and tears into the program as a student athlete are so quick to rip his game when he was stuck with KO as coach running his 'system'... is pathetic.

How our players have done once they've left KO's coaching speaks volumes, and the fact that people haven't realized that and are still dogging the kids for their play is astounding to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still my favorite post about Larrier:

I view Larrier a lot like Drummond.

Tons of hype, pretty underwhelming on the court, emblematic of a very disappointing team that lacked toughness. Wish them well as ambassadors of the university and to uphold our NBA brand.

Reaction Score
Preemptive?! .... here's a taste of some posts in this thread of people already trashing Larrier since the thread was posted less than 90 mins ago (I left out your quote saying he couldn't even dribble) ...

And to think, these are supposed 'fans' of our team. The fact they're trashing a kid who put 3 years of blood, sweat, and tears into the program as a student athlete are so quick to rip his game when he was stuck with KO as coach running his 'system'... is pathetic.

How our players have done once they've left KO's coaching speaks volumes, and the fact that people haven't realized that and are still dogging the kids is astounding to me.
I actually saw him practice. He didn’t put “blood, sweat, and tears”. I wish the kid best of luck but he doesn’t have it to play on the next level. The other players you are referencing did.

Reaction Score

How our players have done once they've left KO's coaching speaks volumes, and the fact that people haven't realized that and are still dogging the kids for their play is astounding to me.

Except all of those "negative" comments so far are true. He was rarely impressive, lacked some basic basketball skills, and was terrible in summer league play. It's not like anyone called him a POS.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
I actually saw him practice. He didn’t put “blood, sweat, and tears”. I wish the kid best of luck but he doesn’t have it to play on the next level. The other players you are referencing did.

Larrier broke a bone in his face and posters here were calling him soft for not playing. Did I mention he was also recovering from an ACL tear? And that was after he sat out for a whole year of basketball JUST SO HE COULD PLAY HERE.

The kid devoted a lot to UConn and had some tough luck. And like I've been saying... you can't judge any UConn players during their time under KO after 2014.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
Except all of those "negative" comments so far are true. He was rarely impressive, lacked some basic basketball skills, and was terrible in summer league play. It's not like anyone called him a POS.

You're missing the boat moron... try reading my post. You can't judge him for his play during his time here. Look at how each of the other guys I mentioned have FLOURISHED since they've left UConn. KO's 'system' and 'coaching' is the common thread here. It's impossible to judge him as a player as a result of that and also he spent most of his time playing for UConn about a year removed from an ACL tear.

Reaction Score
Every person who posts here should want Terry Larrier to do well at the next level, wherever that may be. I see his future overseas, but would love to be wrong. He may have some flaws to his game, but he also didnt have a typical college career when you consider the year he had to sit out upon transferring, a torn ACL, and a broken bone in his face. The fact that he is still competing for an NBA roster spot shows that he has more talent than many of us saw or realized. Best of luck to you Terry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom