Cuse/Alcorn ST?? Luckett?? | The Boneyard

Cuse/Alcorn ST?? Luckett??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw L. Luckett in the box score vs the Cuse for Alcorn tonight.......for those who remember Walter Luckett from Souther CT and was on the cover of SI late 60's/early 70's he went to Ohio U despite UCLA knocking on the door.....is this his son by any chance, anyone know??

Another nice game for the Cuse fan's lottery pick (also known as a "steal") MCW....5 pts, 6 assists and 5 TO's.....Alcorn is known for their D........:confused:..........on to Central CT to jump over Booby Knight right? docsu said MAC conference job for KO no one else would take it...... how would he know they don't play anyone that good do they?

Reaction Score
Ollie is going to pull in some good talent and get this team rolling the next few years. That's precisely when Boeheim steps down and some guy named Hopkins is going to try to cell central NY to high school kids.

Reaction Score
Cuse going big out of conference. Gotta get to 1000 wins!

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
The funny thing is that Syracuse fans like to compare JC/KO transition to previous UNC, G'town and St. John's transfer of powers.

KO has a decade of NBA exerience which will give him more than a little street cred - phones will be answered & doors will open. If Dave Liato had never left & was given the job I would see more of a correlation.

If ever there was a parallel to be drawn it would be JB/?Hopkins. Unknown 2nd in command takes over the reins of the program after sitting nearby fro 15+ years. They think that they have the problem solved because they have named a 'coach in waiting'.

We'll see how that works when it happens. I'm hoping Wojo & Collins split the Duke job. They look very intense next to K, that should be enough.

Reaction Score
Ollie is going to pull in some good talent and get this team rolling the next few years. That's precisely when Boeheim steps down and some guy named Hopkins is going to try to cell central NY to high school kids.
hopkins is the recruiter. these kids love hopkins that's why they are coming to su. it's mind-boggling to me how you guys continuously twist every argument to suit yourselves, all the time. for you guys to say that ollie is a surefire better bet than hopkins going forward is equally as assinine as saying hopkins is surefire better than ollie. no one knows what is going to happen. the only thing that is statiscally proven is that the coach-after-the-legend usually doesn't live up to the legend.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is that Syracuse fans like to compare JC/KO transition to previous UNC, G'town and St. John's transfer of powers.

KO has a decade of NBA exerience which will give him more than a little street cred - phones will be answered & doors will open. If Dave Liato had never left & was given the job I would see more of a correlation.

If ever there was a parallel to be drawn it would be JB/?Hopkins. Unknown 2nd in command takes over the reins of the program after sitting nearby fro 15+ years. They think that they have the problem solved because they have named a 'coach in waiting'.

We'll see how that works when it happens. I'm hoping Wojo & Collins split the Duke job. They look very intense next to K, that should be enough.
who gives an F about NBA experience. how many years did coach calhoun play PG in the NBA again? coach K? calipari? brad stevens? etc?

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Young men that aspire to play in the NBA, care about NBA experience & those that can show them the way.

I don't know much about Hopkins, just like I didn't know Gutheridge, Eschrick or Mahoney.

If there ws a correlation to be drawn it would be to the situation in southern Canada, not Storrs.

Reaction Score
hopkins is the recruiter. these kids love hopkins that's why they are coming to su. it's mind-boggling to me how you guys continuously twist every argument to suit yourselves, all the time. for you guys to say that ollie is a surefire better bet than hopkins going forward is equally as assinine as saying hopkins is surefire better than ollie. no one knows what is going to happen. the only thing that is statiscally proven is that the coach-after-the-legend usually doesn't live up to the legend.

What we know is that Ollie has NBA connections and has already shown he can handle the big britches of being a HC. Hopkins doesn't have anywhere near the NBA cred that Ollie does, and that matters to these kids.

Reaction Score
who gives an F about NBA experience. how many years did coach calhoun play PG in the NBA again? coach K? calipari? brad stevens? etc?

Come to Syracuse: Who TF cares about the NBA?

Sounds like a good slogan. Now we know why most of your players SUCK in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Come to Syracuse: Who TF cares about the NBA?

Sounds like a good slogan. Now we know why most of your players SUCK in the NBA.

C'mon upstater relax on orangehomer and the NBA.......after all they're biggest thread about ex-players is how they have a couple dominating the "D" league......that'll help Mikey get them to Syracuse! LOL

Reality is no one knows how KO will be still or Hopkins..........we like our guy though imagine that homer? Did you forget where you were? And his playing under Calhoun as well as Larry Brown, Chuck Daly and so many more and being a student of the game helps whether you care to admit it or not, nothing ever handed to the man he didn't deserve........so we like where he comes from and you have your own reasons. If you don't like ours stay with all of the a**wipes on your board!!!!

Reaction Score
Um kid's that want to go there?

And to this orange homer, you pick on of these while sitting in the living room with the recruit and his parents:

Kevin Ollie: "I will show him where hard work gets you and how to make that happen. I took numerous 10 day contracts, played in the D league and made my way to a 13 year career by out working every player in the NBA....the only guy to beat me to the gym in the early hours of the morning during my 13 year NBA career was Michael Jordan so I will show your son the hours it takes to be the best you can be....."

Hopkins: "I beat Boeheim to breakfast every morning and then spliced film way before anyone was there......"

Reaction Score
C'mon upstater relax on orangehomer and the NBA.......after all they're biggest thread about ex-players is how they have a couple dominating the "D" league......that'll help Mikey get them to Syracuse! LOL

Reality is no one knows how KO will be still or Hopkins..........we like our guy though imagine that homer? Did you forget where you were? And his playing under Calhoun as well as Larry Brown, Chuck Daly and so many more and being a student of the game helps whether you care to admit it or not, nothing ever handed to the man he didn't deserve........so we like where he comes from and you have your own reasons. If you don't like ours stay with all of the a**wipes on your board!!!!

Come to Syracuse, dominate the D-League. $42k buys a lot of House in Sioux Falls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom