#CTHSFB Week 4 | The Boneyard

#CTHSFB Week 4

Reaction Score
Some seriously good games tonight and tomorrow and many with streaming links. But why not bundle up and go see one live?

Down in FFC Darien travels to NFA, Hand at Masuk, Ridgefield at Newtown to name a few. And tomorrow 2 of the best running backs in the State face off as Cheshire visits Norwalk. I saw my Bears Cam Edwards against Danbury last week and he's the real deal. The only issue could be diversifying the offense a bit more as far as him carrying the load. But he's got D1 talent for sure. Masuk might be looking for some help if Norwalk can beat Class L Cheshire tomorrow.
Loaded week.

Reaction Score
Some seriously good games tonight and tomorrow and many with streaming links. But why not bundle up and go see one live?

Down in FFC Darien travels to NFA, Hand at Masuk, Ridgefield at Newtown to name a few. And tomorrow 2 of the best running backs in the State face off as Cheshire visits Norwalk. I saw my Bears Cam Edwards against Danbury last week and he's the real deal. The only issue could be diversifying the offense a bit more as far as him carrying the load. But he's got D1 talent for sure. Masuk might be looking for some help if Norwalk can beat Class L Cheshire tomorrow.
Loaded week.

FCIAC did very well tonight. Even hapless Warde almost beat West Haven. Ludlowe shut out Pomperaug 35-0, Trumbull destroyed a good Shelton High team 41-7, Staples killed Wilbur Cross 57-12, Wilton lost a close one to NDWH 36-35, New Canaan steamrolled North Haven 21-7, Ridgefield beat Newtown, Darien had a surprisingly easy time with NFA.

Reaction Score
FCIAC did very well tonight. Even hapless Warde almost beat West Haven. Ludlowe shut out Pomperaug 35-0, Trumbull destroyed a good Shelton High team 41-7, Staples killed Wilbur Cross 57-12, Wilton lost a close one to NDWH 36-35, New Canaan steamrolled North Haven 21-7, Ridgefield beat Newtown, Darien had a surprisingly easy time with NFA.
Pomperaug has sucked for a decade now so that one isn't a huge shock. NFA hasn't been good for a while, either. Newtown is alright but you can tell inexperience is killing them. Should have beat ridgefield and dropped the winning TD. I don't think Ridgefield is all that.

Trumbull beating Shelton by that much was really surprising. I also thought Masuk vs Hand would be a better game.

Reaction Score
Pomperaug has sucked for a decade now so that one isn't a huge shock. NFA hasn't been good for a while, either. Newtown is alright but you can tell inexperience is killing them. Should have beat ridgefield and dropped the winning TD. I don't think Ridgefield is all that.

Trumbull beating Shelton by that much was really surprising. I also thought Masuk vs Hand would be a better game.
Talk about sucking, Ludlowe went from a state power to FCIAC doormat virtually overnight. Same for Trumbull. I like Ridgefield, produced Jackson Mitchell, one of the few FCIAC kids that Edsall managed to recruit. Trumbull and Ludlowe going to doormat status was mostly when two of the greatest HS coaches in state history both retired. Neither has been the same since.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Masuk / Hand was competitive until 2 consecutive pick-6's. That will ruin your day.

Reaction Score
Talk about sucking, Ludlowe went from a state power to FCIAC doormat virtually overnight. Same for Trumbull. I like Ridgefield, produced Jackson Mitchell, one of the few FCIAC kids that Edsall managed to recruit. Trumbull and Ludlowe going to doormat status was mostly when two of the greatest HS coaches in state history both retired. Neither has been the same since.
Same thing happened to Pomperaug after Drury retired. I wonder if it would have happened if his kid took over Pomperaug isntead of going to Southington.

Reaction Score
Same thing happened to Pomperaug after Drury retired. I wonder if it would have happened if his kid took over Pomperaug isntead of going to Southington.
When Emil Taft retired in the mid 70’s Ludlowe’s dominance going back to the 1940’s, really took a hard fall. Same for Trumbull when Jerry McDougall retired. Ludlowe produced several top college prospects in those years as well as several NFL players, Dave Graham, Gary Klahr, Fran Lynch to name a few. Coaching is everything in HS football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
do we know if he plans on staying committed? I hope so. He will probably start right away

He addressed his thought process this week here:

Fun read..

-> They met on the baseball field. Where else would the state’s No. 2 football recruit meet the state’s No. 1 basketball recruit?

“It was tee ball, AA baseball, we were like six or seven,” said Victor Rosa, Bristol Central’s senior dual-threat quarterback and athlete for all seasons. “I’ve known Donovan all my life. Baseball, basketball, always together in school. He’s literally my best friend.” “Victor grew up down the street from me,” said Donovan Clingan, Bristol Central’s basketball big man and the biggest name in Connecticut high school athletics in 2021. “We’ve always lived really close. Ever since I can remember, Victor has loved working out and wanting to play football his entire life.” <-

-> Rosa committed to UConn over BC, Army and Air Force in June, but he kept it a secret until July to announce it on his mom’s birthday. The three-star recruit is actually the No. 1 CIAC ranked player. Only Loomis Chaffee prep lineman Alessandro Lorenzetti, a Michigan commit, is ahead of him.

With Randy Edsall out as UConn coach, Rosa is suddenly looking at a different landscape. Does it alter his plans? “As of right now, no,” he said. “I’m going to take it take by day and see what happens. There are a lot of unknowns right now and I do have a very close connection with (assistant coach) Corey Edsall. We’re in touch every day. Nothing has changed. “Football always been my first love. I always dreamed of playing D-1 football. I committed to UConn for a reason. Obviously, the coaching staff I loved, but the chance to be a ‘hometown hero,’ there is more thought put in beyond the coaches.

The new NCAA rule for name, image and likeness is a factor. A successful local athlete can now make money from sponsorship deals. Rosa, who plans to major in business, understands the bigger picture. It would be pretty humorous to see the 7-1 and 6-0 buddies do endorsements together.
<-

Reaction Score

Any great high school football teams in CT. anymore that would be legit on the national level like Bloomfield from '97-'99?

Reaction Score
Any great high school football teams in CT. anymore that would be legit on the national level like Bloomfield from '97-'99?
2007 Greenwich was really good. Lost to Naples (who won the Florida 3A State Title) but they shot themselves in the foot the whole game. Naples was a top-100 high school team in the country and ranked #3 in Florida. They had Carlos Hyde. Greenwich finished ranked 188 nationally.

2018 Greenwich probably could have played with anyone. 2015 Darien, too.

Reaction Score
IN 2007...Miami Northwestern (final rank #1)...Miami Booker T. Washington (#4), Pahokee (#10), Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas (#14)... in the ESPN Final HS Rankings.

2007 was a tough year....We were following Tallahassee Lincoln...not a vintage year for them.

Reaction Score
That Trumbull 1986 team was ranked first in New England and 21st nationally. New Canaan 1969, Fitch 1976, and West Haven 1968 were memorable teams as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom