CT Sun with First Pick Will Select - Vote on Player | The Boneyard

CT Sun with First Pick Will Select - Vote on Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think it's kind of funny that Simmons is on that list. Not even sure she's a 1st round draft pick, never mind the #1 draft pick...

Reaction Score
This actually looks like a pretty good crop of first rounders coming out this year. I'm not sure how Chiney would work with Tina there. That might be a nice rebounding duo. I would probably go with Sims or McBride.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
ericsandiego said:
I think it's kind of funny that Simmons is on that list. Not even sure she's a 1st round draft pick, never mind the #1 draft pick...

Completely agree!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
-Personally, my interest in a pro team representing Connecticut, called Connecticut, in Connecticut, is directly proportionate to how many Connecticut grads are actually on that team. Period.

-Other than getting more Huskies, my only other wish is for a pre-draft trade with the Washington Mystics:

--Mystics trade: Mike Thibault and Kara Lawson back to Sun, in exchange for...

-- Sun trades: Coach Donovan, four busloads of free slot-tokens, and public apologies to Thibault & Lawson (coughing up as many more slot-tokens the Sun can mint).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't believe people truly understand how talented Stef really is. She gives up a lot for team and does not focus on stats. Put her on a team where she carries more load, like Simms and 20 shots a game, and she is a 20 points and 10 rebound player. The wnba team that gets her will be getting a jewel.

Reaction Score
I don't believe people truly understand how talented Stef really is. She gives up a lot for team and does not focus on stats. Put her on a team where she carries more load, like Simms and 20 shots a game, and she is a 20 points and 10 rebound player. The wnba team that gets her will be getting a jewel.

I hope she goes to Phoenix. Then Griner can play power forward like she seems to want to.

Dolson setting picks and dealing assists to Griner, Taurasi and all the other scorers on that team...

Reaction Score
Chiney in the first round and Hartley or Shoni in the second (if they're still around).

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Now that the labor deal is done, when are we going to hear about these rumored trades, such as Tina for Nneka? If that happens before the draft, then Chiney becomes almost a necessity. And a front court highlighted by the O sisters would be a very high-caliber one, despite some size issues (but they can definitely jump for rebounds).

With Asjha Jones out for the season and perhaps forever, the front court has to take priority in the coming draft. Remember they still have Renee in the back court, and she is good enough to get them to the playoffs and perhaps further.

I would attach priority to their re-signing Kelsey Griffin.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think if they can get a good trade back to the 4-6 range for either a player or a next years first they should jump on it and hope Stef last that long. I think a front court with Stef and Tina would be pretty awesome as they can both operate down low and also from the free throw line extended. I don't see a game changer in this draft and I think it is pretty deep - if Stef is gone, Thomas, Hartley, or a few other really solid players are available and I am not convinced Chiney, Sims, or ____ is guaranteed to be better.

Reaction Score
Having watched her play a lot for 4 years I would not want such a selfish player on any team I want to succeed in the WNBA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Who would Thibault pick? That's the right pick. Sorry, but the Sun's going nowhere until the next regime change.

Reaction Score
Who would Thibault pick? That's the right pick. Sorry, but the Sun's going nowhere until the next regime change.
He'd pick Chiney and with him at the helm, there'd be no talk about Charles being traded.

Reaction Score
Now that the labor deal is done, when are we going to hear about these rumored trades, such as Tina for Nneka? If that happens before the draft, then Chiney becomes almost a necessity. And a front court highlighted by the O sisters would be a very high-caliber one, despite some size issues (but they can definitely jump for rebounds).

I wonder how the new ownership in LA would influence a Nneka for Charles trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom