Creighton women's basketball press conference ahead of hosting UConn | The Boneyard

Creighton women's basketball press conference ahead of hosting UConn

sun

Reaction Score
With Creighton's success in the NCAAT last year and it's ongoing rebounding weaknesses, you'd think that they would be able to recruit & develop a big.

"The Bluejays lost the battle of the boards 15-2 in the first quarter at Stanford and were outrebounded 50-26 in the game. "

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I had UConn by 14 before the news that Aubrey Griffin was going to a "dnp" due to COVID 19. This game just got a whole lot tougher. As I said in my analysis this is a tough, team who takes care of the basketball. They are well coached and they will exploit UConn's absences. I should change my prognosis to a 6 point game but I put all my money on 14 black so I will let it ride and hope other players step up to fill the void left by Aubrey.

When will the "basketball gods" give UConn a break?

Reaction Score
Leaving aside the issue of injuries and maladies as they relate to this game, one must, if one is a true fan of the sport, appreciate the effort that so many programs have made to narrow the gap between UConn and all the rest. Even though the Huskies are responsible for making me a fan of women's basketball in the first place, I quickly grew bored with an unrelentingly predictable scenario wherein one or two or maybe even three teams would reliably finish seasons at the top of the heap. Now here's a team like Creighton (who?), well-coached by an obviously terrific guy, ready to lay down a real gauntlet for the UConn squad. Eventually, NC#12 will come our way...when it does, it will carry significantly more meaning because of this altered landscape. We should all be happy with that!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Let me be very clear here: I was spoiled, like all of you, with our first 11 and I plan on going back there real soon.

Reaction Score
I had UConn by 14 before the news that Aubrey Griffin was going to a "dnp" due to COVID 19. This game just got a whole lot tougher. As I said in my analysis this is a tough, team who takes care of the basketball. They are well coached and they will exploit UConn's absences. I should change my prognosis to a 6 point game but I put all my money on 14 black so I will let it ride and hope other players step up to fill the void left by Aubrey.

When will the "basketball gods" give UConn a break?
The basketball Gods say "what dont kill ya makes you stronger" They are testing us and we have become stronger. I look up on it as something to be used to our advantage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom