Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
They made sure to cover Spencer tight and that did the trick because only Newton scored. Karaban and Castle have been bad the last 2 games and Clingan is his inconsistent self even with scoring 12. Samson gives us almost nothing off the bench. Diarra played good d but awful offense turning the ball over. We were out hustled all game. No excuse for that. We need to forget this game and move on. Karaban needs to get out of this funk or we are in trouble.

Reaction Score
Cam and AK gave us nothing on either end. Steph to a lesser extent. Now we know that we aren’t some juggernaut that is matchup proof. Cam has been absolutely incredible all year but was borderline unplayable tonight. I’ll wager a guess that probably won’t happen again.

Hurley has been saying we are arguably the best offensive and defensive team in the country since Clingan is back. Well we were pretty stagnant offensively, plus missed a ton we may usually make, and no one really had any type of good game defensively.

Back to the drawing board.
Clingan wasn't back for the 43 point first half.

Reaction Score
One of the few "short comings" of this team is the lack of true road wins. Fortunately, we won't have to go very far come tourney time.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

Reaction Score
I saw some alarming things, mainly Newton forced to be the primary catalyst, with all our shooters being blanketed off the screen action. We need Castle to be option 1A off the dribble.

Reaction Score
No one helped Newton tonight. Just a pathetic effort on defense. Even though we already played each other it was like we never scouted them. Need to win one of the 2 remaining road games as all BE road wins so far have been against middle of the pack teams.

Reaction Score
Positive: thought Castle played well tonight other than when he hit the backboard to the side of the rim on a straight on jumper for the 2nd time this season.
Castle has regressed the last 2 games. He is still hessitant on offense and deffering too much. He needs to take over like he did in the Providence game. Spencer and Karaban weren't scoring so he had to steup up. He is freshman so this type of regression is normal but sucks when it is in these big games.

Reaction Score
McDermott is an incredible game planner and his team made shots. They chased our shooters off the 3-point line all night and made us try to beat them by going right at Kalkbrenner. Credit to them, they executed.

I hope Clingan's knee is all good.

Reaction Score
Castle has regressed the last 2 games. He is still hessitant on offense and deffering too much. He needs to take over like he did in the Providence game. Spencer and Karaban weren't scoring so he had to steup up. He is Fresman so this type of regression is normal but sucks when it is in these big games.
He doesn’t make his 3s when he thinks about them. He had been in a good rhythm before the last couple.

Reaction Score
Cam and AK gave us nothing on either end. Steph to a lesser extent. Now we know that we aren’t some juggernaut that is matchup proof. Cam has been absolutely incredible all year but was borderline unplayable tonight. I’ll wager a guess that probably won’t happen again.

Hurley has been saying we are arguably the best offensive and defensive team in the country since Clingan is back. Well we were pretty stagnant offensively, plus missed a ton we may usually make, and no one really had any type of good game defensively.

Back to the drawing board.

The idea that any team is "matchup proof" was stupid two days ago when people seemed genuinely mystified at the idea of this team losing and it's going to still be stupid tomorrow. No one goes undefeated anymore.

And "back to the drawing board" is just laugh out loud ridiculous. Some of you give my 13 year old daughter a run for her money in the dramatics department. What are they, 24-3? At least throw in a "they just wanted it more."

I said the other day that I'd have been shocked if they won this game given the context and it played out about how I expected. In the grand scheme of things it means absolutely zero.

Reaction Score
I think he had his worst game in quite some time
Yeah Castle wasn't good especially in the 2nd half when we needed him to step up and help Newton. He could take his man off the dribble whenever he wanted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom