Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Feels good to finally get that Creighton monkey off their backs I imagine, and to stop a 2 game skid at that! Down 59 to 53, cutting the lead in half I was hoping UConn wouldn't fold under the pressure and they didn't.

4 and 2 in BE play, on forth!
Close games are good for UConn sometimes as they need to know how to respond to that pressure.

Reaction Score
Good game all around. I think they did a great job of defending without hacking and reaching in. Sanogo dominated. Kind of surprised McDermott went with no double teams after watching tape of our last couple games.

One thing I would have liked is more time for Joey to try and get him back on track. We're gonna need him to be hitting big shots come tournament time.

Reaction Score
Is Sanogo still worse than Clingan? Or does this one not count?
Yeah exactl. I don’t know why people say that. I think Clingan needs to play a lot and depending on game flow one or the other should play more and sometimes at the same time. I. The Providence game I thought Clingan should not have been taken out at the 6 min mark when the lead was only 6

Reaction Score
Good game all around. I think they did a great job of defending without hacking and reaching in. Sanogo dominated. Kind of surprised McDermott went with no double teams after watching tape of our last couple games.

One thing I would have liked is more time for Joey to try and get him back on track. We're gonna need him to be hitting big shots come tournament time.
Agreed Joey has been off since the GTown game and he hasn’t been close or online with his shots either. He missed 4 open 3s vs Providence

Reaction Score
I think I see a correlation between teams shooting poorly and coaches getting out coached. We may have a new revelation in the game of basketball. Missed open shots make coaches look bad! I’ll look deeper into this and get back to you all.

Reaction Score
Pleasantly shocked McDermott stuck with playing Sanogo 1-on-1 for the entire game while Adama ate Kalkbrenner’s lunch over and over again.
Towards the middle of the second half the showed some pseudo double team, but it didn’t matter… “They thought that they could win, but they could not”

Reaction Score
I think I see a correlation between teams shooting poorly and coaches getting out coached. We may have a new revelation in the game of basketball. Missed open shots make coaches look bad! I’ll look deeper into this and get back to you all.

I don't think McDermott or Hurley were outcoached today. I thought they both brought their A- game at least. Really fun game.

Reaction Score
What a day to come down with COVID and miss the game. Clearly the Gampel was loud enough as Big Red’s chants let me know from this couch. Nice to see the team back to running their game while penetrating a bit more. Less desperate and more poised.

Reaction Score
Bench may not have scored many points but they played great team D..hustle plays..50/50 balls.. Thought Donovan and Diarra did a great job keeping us in the game when Creighton was making their move early in second half..
I think the bench won us this game…starters were not very good at start of 2nd half or after they came back in in at around the 8 minute mark

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom