Craziest thing just happened | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Craziest thing just happened

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Silly!

(Please tell me someone here remembers his nickname)
I remember he had to sit quite a few games during JC 's first year. Academic issues

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I remember he had to sit quite a few games during JC 's first year. Academic issues
“Silly” was his nickname.

Reaction Score
That is a great story. If it was me, I might have asked for an selfie. Something I have yet to do.
I thought about it, but given the people in line behind us may have gotten angry, I decided against it, lol

Reaction Score
We rented a place we owned in the Greater Hartford area to our most famous alum but only met his wife and his mother and mother-in-law. He was training with his new team and the family had just moved back East so they needed a temporary home.

They were all very nice and when we put it up for sale after the family moved to their new home he bought it for his mother. His wife made sure to give us some team items and told us to call her and she'll arrange for seats for us behind the bench but we never did it. He did keep a very nice DB8 coupe in the garage. Not sure how much he drove it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We rented a place we owned in the Greater Hartford area to our most famous alum
Bob Kaufman of Bob's Discount Furniture? What's that got to do with Phil Gamble?

Reaction Score
Bob Kaufman of Bob's Discount Furniture? What's that got to do with Phil Gamble?
I also immediately thought of Bob. I wonder if more people know Bob or Ray. Obviously Ray Allen is known all over the world, but only by a niche audience. Everyone with a TV within 100 miles of a Bob's store knows Bob.

Reaction Score
Very astute observations. I've always wanted that Bob's hat and I'll bet most of you never knew Bob could even see over the wheel on an Aston Martin............

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bob cashed out a few years back. Is he still doing ads?

Reaction Score
I live in Raleigh. I’m pumping gas at a BJs gas station and I have a UConn hat on. This guy comes up to me and says ‘did you go to UConn?’ I said yeah, and he goes ‘I played for Jim Calhoun - I’m Phil Gamble’ I still can’t believe it. And for you youngins that don’t know who he is, google it….
Which BJs? I work in RTP so we are here in force. Wish we still played ECU just for the sake of seeing them live. Miss my talks with
AD dave

Reaction Score
Which BJs? I work in RTP so we are here in force. Wish we still played ECU just for the sake of seeing them live. Miss my talks with
AD dave
The one on Capital Blvd

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Phil! Wow, that's so cool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads