COVID This Season | The Boneyard

COVID This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NBA is being smacked by COVID right now. UCLA has had to cancel a game. I'm nervous as hell for our players right now. COVID is about to put its hands all over this CBB season. Let's just hope none of our guys have to go into the protocol. I wonder what kinds of measures are being taken by the staff to keep our guys "quasi quarantined" for a lack of better words. Lock these kids in their rooms until Saturday!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The NBA is being smacked by COVID right now. UCLA has had to cancel a game. I'm nervous as hell for our players right now. COVID is about to put its hands all over this CBB season. Let's just hope none of our guys have to go into the protocol. I wonder what kinds of measures are being taken by the staff to keep our guys "quasi quarantined" for a lack of better words. Lock these kids in their rooms until Saturday!
I think the team is 100% vaxxed, right? What’s the testing protocols for the NCAA for vaxxed teams / players? Is it weekly, before games, random?

Reaction Score
I think the team is 100% vaxxed, right? What’s the testing protocols for the NCAA for vaxxed teams / players? Is it weekly, before games, random?
I believe they are all vaxxed. But you can still contract the virus while being vaxxed. I think over the winter we are going to see alot of arenas go back down to 50-75% capacity. I'm not sure about the protocol for players who test positive though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I saw yesterday that Tulane has temporarily suspended basketball operations due to an outbreak.

College campuses throughout the northeast are starting to explode with cases again, including a lot of Omicron. Cornell has something like 97% vaccination rate and just went remote because of an outbreak; NYU as well. From what I understand most cases are asymptomatic and there have been no hospitalizations.

Seems like it is inevitable that we will be dealing with it again. We're usually 3-4 weeks behind the UK and they are seeing their highest numbers of daily cases since the pandemic started.

The good news is that Omicron appears to be much more mild; the bad news is that it's much more transmissible, and we haven't gotten to the point where we are treating it any differently.

Reaction Score
This is like the never ending story

1639668879015.gif

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I believe they are all vaxxed. But you can still contract the virus while being vaxxed. I think over the winter we are going to see alot of arenas go back down to 50-75% capacity. I'm not sure about the protocol for players who test positive though.
Understood. But curious what the protocols are for testing. If it’s weekly, what day? Have we already tested in the clear for this week? Do they have to get tested before each game?

Reaction Score
Understood. But curious what the protocols are for testing. If it’s weekly, what day? Have we already tested in the clear for this week? Do they have to get tested before each game?
If they're vaccinated they're not tested unless they're symptomatic or are deemed a close contact. If they're not vaccinated they're tested 3 times a week with the 1st test being 3 days before the game

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If they're vaccinated they're not tested unless they're symptomatic or are deemed a close contact. If they're not vaccinated they're tested 3 times a week with the 1st test being 3 days before the game
Thank you

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Colleges are now starting to require the booster prior to the second semester. Soon they will change fully vaccinated definition to include the booster too. My daughter private college in NYC today switched to fully remote finals. It's hard not to see this is an area of concern. I just hope the team isolates themselves well for the remainder of the season. Injuries have been a major issue for us, and hopefully don't need to deal with this as well. Keep fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Colleges are now starting to require the booster prior to the second semester. Soon they will change fully vaccinated definition to include the booster too. My daughter private college in NYC today switched to fully remote finals. It's hard not to see this is an area of concern. I just hope the team isolates themselves well for the remainder of the season. Injuries have been a major issue for us, and hopefully don't need to deal with this as well. Keep fingers crossed.

Yes, in reality, we're learning that the mRNA vaccines are better thought of as a 3-dose series. In non-pandemic times, we would have had time to figure this out before rolling them out. With a pandemic, its understandably a bit of "learn on the fly and adapt".

I would be lying if I said that [as a healthcare practitioner neck-deep in COVID management], I wasn't worried about Saturday's game being a big Omicron spreading event. It's here in CT big-time already.

Please consider doing a rapid antigen test late AM/early afternoon if you're going to the game. Let's maximize the spread of rowdiness and minimize the spread of COVID!

Reaction Score
pure insanity

Reaction Score
Ghee, who would have guessed an immunity vaccine with experimental technology brought to market at lightning speed wouldn't in fact provide immunity? Unless of course you change the definition of immunity:

immunity​

[ĭ-mu´nĭ-te]
the condition of being immune; the protection against infectious disease conferred either by the immune response generated by immunization or previous infection or by other nonimmunologic factors. It encompasses the capacity to distinguish foreign material from self, and to neutralize, eliminate, or metabolize that which is foreign (nonself) by the physiologic mechanisms of the immune response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom