Court stormings | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Court stormings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't see any evidence of a taunt, and as I noted in my post above, I don't think the fan even saw Flip. I watched it frame-by-frame, the kid's head was turned, was on his phone, and wasn't watching where he was going.
Like I said it all just happened so fast, adrenaline, I’ve been elbowed, pushed in crowds and kicked in the head by crowd surfers at concerts so many things can happen in crowds. Your instinct is to brace yourself against other people to avoid falling over unfortunately in Flipikoski case it caught him out of position.

Reaction Score
Court storming should be for truly significant, unexpected triumphs on the rarest of occasions. Seems like it’s a bit of fad these days.

Reaction Score
I thought one of the conferences banned court stormings last year and set up a fine(not sure how much).

I was yelling at Hurley to send the bench into the locker room with a couple of seconds left. They showed the crowd jumping the seats in front of them to get down to the floor. I was expecting a bad mess. I was surprised the UConn players were protected. A few blue Jays looked like they stayed on the court, while some went to the handshake line. Then a few Blue Jays went into the crowd on the court...

I doubt this could happen at Gampel, as it is impossible to get into the lower bowl without a ticket. In Hartford it would be easy to do...

caw

Reaction Score
The guy in the brown jacket seems to have been a bigger $&@#, clearly pushing him in the back, even if he didn’t actually cause any injury.

On the flip side, the dude with the towel over his shoulder did a great job of stopping completely.

Reaction Score
Grayson Allen needs to teach class on tripping every preseason for Duke players. that 5ft 2 110lb engineering student got up soon as he answered his phone yo I’m on court Flip he hit him with forearm push and swipe full leg extension trip combo well played.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You’re all gonna be up in arms about what I’m about to say but….court storming is for dorks.

Pigeon Attacking GIF

Reaction Score
WF fans stormed the court after beating a 8th ranked duke? Did I get this right? Never thought ACC basketball is this bad.
I was thinking the same thing. Storming the court over beating an 8th ranked in-conference opponent??? WF isn't a conference minnow either, they're in 3rd place... A sad reflection on ACC basketball and WF Fans.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Storming the court over beating an 8th ranked in-conference opponent??? WF isn't a conference minnow either, they're in 3rd place... A sad reflection on ACC basketball and WF Fans.
It's more about beating Duke than anything else. They probably don't do that often. (Duke is 13-2 vs wake since 2017).

Reaction Score
Seriously, this shouldn't be hard. There's actually some people blaming Filipowski when he of course did nothing wrong. Just hold back the students at least until the players are off the court.

I hope there isn't an overreaction. Don't ban it, just do it right and it should be a simple fix. It's great for the promotion of the sport and college hoops already doesn't do enough to promote the sport. These buildings are all full of security and ushers. Use them as a barrier and take the 10-15 seconds to get the players off the court.
100 percent agree don’t take fun and spirit away from students just do it right and take into account player safety.

Reaction Score
If you want to make the case against court stormings, Duke's big man spraining his ankle is not it. The possibility of a serious injury or a fight breaking out might get me to ban it, but Scheyer whining about it after he designed a play for his seven footer to be as far away from the tunnel as possible - with zero shot of winning the game - is just music to my ears. These things by definition are never neat and orderly, so if you have to wait until 20 minutes after the buzzer to do it, you might as well not.
Would you be saying this if Clingan sprained his ankle as a result of being assaulted during a court storming?

Reaction Score
The name "court storming" should be changed to stampede , as that is what it is. Should be banned before someone is killed.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I don't want it to go away because it's great for fans and it showcases the excitement of college basketball (it looks awesome on TV) but you gotta protect the players. Do it like Creighton did it the other night, line both sides with security and allow the players to get off the court.
I recently watched the replay of the Chris Chambliss walk off homerun which won the pennant for the Yanks against KC back in the 70's. Could have been seriously hurt and/or trampled.

Reaction Score
It all just happened so fast addrenaline is flowing, and your judgement is off. Flipowski was trying to brace himself, unfortunately he stood straight up when he probably should’ve gotten lower. Just totally avoidable to not run into him.

Filipowski's Dukie instincts told him it was time to flop, but he thought better of it and tried to fend off the kid instead.

Reaction Score
I'm all for it if it's done right and the fans don't charge the court when the players are still on the court. What just happened in the Wake storming really pisses me off. They all charged the Duke players. It looked way more like an attack on the Duke players than celebrating a big win.

I'm calling it now, this will either end court stormings or they will only be allowed once the players are all off of the court and you create some sort of tunnel with security. If Filipowski is hurt over this it's just awful.
Court stormings are great, when fans want to celebrate

Too many use it as an opportunity to do harm because they are reprobates.

When even one player can be injured due to the actions of scumbags, they need to end

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
That’s an embarrassing court storm. Still were too many fans that know UConn doesn’t need to do that.
Court storming is fine for certain occasions. Creighton over us being one of them. I am in the camp that certain schools should never storm the court do to their history, UConn being one of them. Still the most embarrassing court storm I have ever seen is Providence storming the court after beating 19th ranked UConn in 2010.

Reaction Score
As it was Duke that this happened to, I'm very confident that the NCAA will quickly ser rules in place to severely punish court storming.
They will move up 3 spots in poll.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Oh - like when we did it against Villanova in 2022?

(and we were ranked 21st at the time)

Funny timing! I was probably the only person listening to the game against Nova last night on the radio. The announcer said that the last time UCONN stormed the court was against Nova in 22. He went on the say, "I hope that is the last time UConn storms the court." Totally agree. Champions do not storm the court. Period. Bad look.

Reaction Score
Oh - like when we did it against Villanova in 2022?

(and we were ranked 21st at the time)

About as snarky as Raftery is capable of getting (which is still not much). “I guess they’ve arrived…in their own minds” and “Fans berating us like we made calls”

Reaction Score
1. Duck Fuke
2. Despite #1, I hope Filipowski is not truly injured and was just being dramatic.
3. Call me a try hard, but I will never support court storming. Loser mentality and activity. Celebrate your team's win in the stands like a normal person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom