Corey Floyd Jr. Vs us | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd Jr. Vs us

Reaction Score
Corey Floyd Jr scored 7 points against us last night. He also started the game and played 33 minutes. Good luck for your future Corey.

Reaction Score
Corey Floyd Jr. also got blocked by the rim twice going up for layups and got cooked on defense. All his noise was in the first half. I don’t wish I’ll on him but I sure as hell don’t wish him and his family good luck

Reaction Score
He made a choice because he thought he'd get more playtime time on Providence. With Hopkins out he's been getting a lot of minutes but outside of last night he hasnt really produced 7 points/8 rebounds. He would have been played over here so he made the right decision to find a different team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He made a choice because he thought he'd get more playtime time on Providence.
Apparently someone was whispering that in his ear all season long when he was with Connecticut. Hurley has alluded to that periodically.

I do wonder if sometimes he sometimes sits in his room thinking about what it would've been like to be a national champion. Life is choices and he made his. His departure worked out well for us though, so I don't wish the kid ill.

Reaction Score
He was a decent contributor in a loss. From what I've seen of Corey, this was one of his best games. I don't wish him any harm (passive), but also don't wish him any luck (active). He used UConn resources for a year, gave nothing in return, and left for an in-conference competitor. I distinguish him from other transfers like Diggins, Gaffney, Adams who weren't going to get playing time and left the conference. Those guys I wish luck. Not that my luck means anything. In fact, it may be something players want to avoid.

Also, what was up with the glazing of Floyd by the commentators? No issue with them saying he was playing a decent game, but they were talking about him like he was a team MVP and a guy that was blowing up. I haven't seen any stats from Corey this year or last that would show some type of all conference trajectory. He's had like 4 good games and 2 were against his old team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Also, what was up with the glazing of Floyd by the commentators? No issue with them saying he was playing a decent game, but they were talking about him like he was a team MVP and a guy that was blowing up. I haven't seen any stats from Corey this year or last that would show some type of all conference trajectory. He's had like 4 good games and 2 were against his old team.
1706801403944.png

IMG_1581.png

Reaction Score
He was a decent contributor in a loss. From what I've seen of Corey, this was one of his best games. I don't wish him any harm (passive), but also don't wish him any luck (active). He used UConn resources for a year, gave nothing in return, and left for an in-conference competitor. I distinguish him from other transfers like Diggins, Gaffney, Adams who weren't going to get playing time and left the conference. Those guys I wish luck. Not that my luck means anything. In fact, it may be something players want to avoid.

Marshall & Brando were like professional "fluffers" for the entire Providence team last night. Embarrassing!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that when when Hurley talks about players with bad influencers, who get in his ear and tell him the only thing holding him back is the coach, Corey is the poster child.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Corey Floyd Jr. also got blocked by the rim twice going up for layups and got cooked on defense. All his noise was in the first half. I don’t wish I’ll on him but I sure as hell don’t wish him and his family good luck
Wow - that is harsh
What did his family do to you?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that when when Hurley talks about players with bad influencers, who get in his ear and tell him the only thing holding him back is the coach, Corey is the poster child.
There have been plenty of those over the years at UConn and every school.
Hurley thought enough of him to sit him next to Andy every game his entire freshman year.
If anything, it was a complete swing and miss on the recruitment side.

Reaction Score
In the end, it all worked out. We have the players we need who have fully committed to the program, putting team above personal achievement.

Reaction Score
Corey Floyd Jr scored 7 points against us last night. He also started the game and played 33 minutes. Good luck for your future Corey.
Post after post you succeed in being the most positive BYer in the yard. You rarely have a bad word to say about anyone and it's refreshing. You truly are the king of kings.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He inspired Akok Akok regarding intra-conference transfer, who inspired Ed Cooley to commit to Georgetown.

He provided the end-of-2022 wakeup call that simultaneously launched a Boneyard parade of horribles and the roster reconfiguration that produced #5.

He has appeared to play with additional motivation against UConn...though with less of an impact than that displayed by Kadary Richmond...whose interest shifted to Syracuse after UConn out-recruited The Orange for AJax...thereby solidifying that Boeheim was a weakened man after Akok reclassified to UConn before his PSA eligibility expired...and opening things up for further reclassifications & early arrivals like Adama & Alex.

Viewed in the above context, CFJ has been a net positive for DH/UConn, even if his play felt troublesome in last night's opening 10± minutes.

Reaction Score
Didn’t Floyd pick up a 3-second violation last night? I can’t recall ever seeing a guard get one before (although Gillespie probably should’ve drawn at least a few on those bullyball backdowns he lived on).

Reaction Score
He had a stellar first half, but was pretty quiet in the second when the game got super physical and slow. One of his better games this year

I was scared when he left but felt better very quickly when we re-tooled in the portal and won the championship. CFJ is getting his opportunity now, and I hope he can keep building strong performances (while losing every game to UConn)

Reaction Score
Didn’t Floyd pick up a 3-second violation last night? I can’t recall ever seeing a guard get one before (although Gillespie probably should’ve drawn at least a few on those bullyball backdowns he lived on).
Yep, Castle swallowed him alive on defense and he had nowhere to go after he already got into the paint

Gillespie was the king of uncalled offensive fouls and uncalled 3 seconds

Reaction Score
Apparently someone was whispering that in his ear all season long when he was with Connecticut. Hurley has alluded to that periodically.

I do wonder if sometimes he sometimes sits in his room thinking about what it would've been like to be a national champion. Life is choices and he made his. His departure worked out well for us though, so I don't wish the kid ill.

Actually... there is a decent chance we would not have been National Champions if he had not transferred. Which transfer would you say replaced him? Alleyne? or Joey C?

Now, think back to the impacts each of those guys had last year... Sure, Alleyne struggled in the first half of the season, but become a key contributor by tournament time. And Joey C... I submit we do not win the Georgetown home game without his heroics, and although his slump coincided with our 2-6 slide early in conference play, he obviously also was a key contributor to our title run. Missing either one of those guys and things could have turned out differently.

Good luck to Corey Floyd Jr., I feel no ill will toward him... but I for one am ecstatic with how it all worked out for us. We hit a grand slam with who transferred out and who transferred in during the spring/summer of 2022. Thanks Corey for playing an important role in us winning #5! and....

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Was he the one who stuck his foot in under Alex when was in the air so that Alex landed on it and hurt his ankle?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom