Cord Cutters | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
Three years later I'm still pretty happy with my decision to jump to YTTV. I was a DirecTV from 1999 to 2020 and got sick of having to beg for discounts, playing the "customer retention" game. It got to the point when the discounts just petered out. The last one I was offered before cancelling was $10 a month for 6 months. I was even shot down when I asked for a discount on the Sunday, even after 20+ years.

YTTV dropped NESN about three months after I signed up and I was bummed out for a while, but the way the Sox were going, I got over it quick. Even with the price increases I've seen over the three years, I'm still paying quite a bit less than I was three years ago with DirecTV. I also caught my wife in a weak moment and she caved to the Sunday Ticket this year, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I just switched back to Youtube TV after dropping them in June after they lost SNY. They recently upgraded a few things including a technical change (don't ask me what exactly) that they said should improve the picture quality. I have to say, the picture on the football games this past weekend was fantastic, especially on Sunday night. Looked damn near 4K even though it was on 720p ESPN.

Amazon Prime also announced that they will be broadcasting their games this year in 1080P HDR. So that should be a really nice picture too. Apple TV did legit 1080P (non-HDR) for the baseball games this year and that picture was always incredible.

Reaction Score
Charter just upped my bill by $30 a month. I am at $203 just with their basic tv package and internet. Internet definitely slows down if we have three or four devices going at once.

I am seriously considering cutting the cord and getting Hulu + Live or YouTubeTV. Any recommendations as to what’s better? I obviously want to make sure I have access to UConn basketball games. Other channels I need are standard- local newscasts, HGTV, Bravo and the like. Would be nice to have HBO or another premium but if it’s substantially more no thank you.

I’m concerned that when I do drop Spectrum they will find a way to increase my internet rate which coupled with a new streaming service (which I believe are priced mid $60s per month) I’ll be back to where I am now.

I threatened to drop charter a few times, said the price increases are not sustainable. The advice they gave me was to cancel the last day of my bill cycle cause I’ll be charged the whole month anyway. They aren’t budging - neither am I. I’m done with them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fios came. With Comcast I had three plug in WiFi extenders I had purchased. With Fios I paid $5 a month to get two, but they aren't the same. They are huge router sized things. I also now have WifI 6, which my PC recognized immediately. I don't think I'll have zoom video issues anymore. The speed is just vastly improved now.

Now I'm trying to cancel Disney+ bundle through Disney, so I can sign up with Hulu and keep my account. Crazy what a pain that is.

Next stop, phone service via Ooma.
We just dropped the home phone service entirely. To be honest I really have missed it. 99% of the calls were solicitors anyway. anyone who wants to reach us would try first on our cells.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom