2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Per Cooper Flagg just now on NBA TV when asked what he's looking for in a school:

John Fanta: "How are you going about all those college programs reaching out to you?"

Cooper Flagg: "Um... I mean... I'm just taking it one day at a time. Um.. Just going through it as it comes to me. And just.. kinda just letting it all happen and uh just seeing what there is; like what I have for offers, so."

Raphael Chillious: "When you look for a school, what's important to you? What are you looking for?"

Cooper Flagg: "Obviously just wanna look.. like a good coach.. um.. playstyle, things like that. Um.. In a good area... maybe. Stuff like that."

Sounds like he’s a lock to UConn.

Reaction Score
Hurley and staff were 3 deep for Flagg. They clearly see a path to victory here. Hurley doesn’t zero in on too many guys and not close. Let’s see where this goes
He's also a 2025 recruit so it's probably too early for him to start narrowing things down. But I agree that the staff must be getting some positive vibes from Flagg or else they wouldn't be putting in so much time with him. Worth putting in the work now and seeing where this goes.

Reaction Score
I think the reason we have a shot is the Boozer twins

I figure they are going to follow their Dad to Duke. And I can’t believe (and hope) that Flagg would join them there.
From your keyboard to God's...ummm...inbox?

Reaction Score
He's also a 2025 recruit so it's probably too early for him to start narrowing things down. But I agree that the staff must be getting some positive vibes from Flagg or else they wouldn't be putting in so much time with him. Worth putting in the work now and seeing where this goes.
Rumor is that he will reclassify to 2024.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed how common it seems for high schoolers now to have no rotation on their shots? Maybe it’s just that everyone shoots from the outside, but Flagg, for example, seems to be a good outside shooter but his shot has very little rotation. Same is true for Howard (although maybe not considered a great shooter) and Bethea from what I’ve seen—as well as several other top prospects.

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed how common it seems for high schoolers now to have no rotation on their shots? Maybe it’s just that everyone shoots from the outside, but Flagg, for example, seems to be a good outside shooter but his shot has very little rotation. Same is true for Howard (although maybe not considered a great shooter) and Bethea from what I’ve seen—as well as several other top prospects.
People with a really easy stroke often don’t have a lot of rotation. However, they have enough to get the shooter’s bounce and that’s what matters. The harder you flick your wrist, the more rotation you get. I always found that if I tried to intentionally increase the rotation, I wasn’t quite as accurate. There’s really no need for tons of rotation, just some.

You can see in Cooper Flagg’s highlights that his stroke is easy and natural. There’s no exaggerated flick of the wrist, resulting in a slower rotating ball.

Reaction Score
People with a really easy stroke often don’t have a lot of rotation. However, they have enough to get the shooter’s bounce and that’s what matters. The harder you flick your wrist, the more rotation you get. I always found that if I tried to intentionally increase the rotation, I wasn’t quite as accurate. There’s really no need for tons of rotation, just some.

You can see in Cooper Flagg’s highlights that his stroke is easy and natural. There’s no exaggerated flick of the wrist, resulting in a slower rotating ball.

Has to do with modern shooting form. Less rotation because more of the motion is coming from the entire upper body.

When you think of Ray allen jumping 18 inches in the air to shoot with an uber-high set and release point, the hard wrist flick is where a lot of the power in the shot comes from.

Try shooting the ball like Steph without ANY rotation. You can easily juat throw a knuckleball and get the ball to the rim. Now shoot like Ray and don't flick your wrist... the ball is going to goes about 5 feet because there isn't a fluid motion from hip/dribble to shot. He stops the ball above his head, and most of the power has to come from the forearms and wrist.

Reaction Score
Has to do with modern shooting form. Less rotation because more of the motion is coming from the entire upper body.

When you think of Ray allen jumping 18 inches in the air to shoot with an uber-high set and release point, the hard wrist flick is where a lot of the power in the shot comes from.

Try shooting the ball like Steph without ANY rotation. You can easily juat throw a knuckleball and get the ball to the rim. Now shoot like Ray and don't flick your wrist... the ball is going to goes about 5 feet because there isn't a fluid motion from hip/dribble to shot. He stops the ball above his head, and most of the power has to come from the forearms and wrist.
In the case of Ray, that’s true, but not Cooper Flagg. He doesn’t shoot like Steph or Ray. He shoots it in one motion but has the ball up fairly high. He just doesn’t put much snap on it. He reminds me of Keith Van Horn.

Reaction Score
In the case of Ray, that’s true, but not Cooper Flagg. He doesn’t shoot like Steph or Ray. He shoots it in one motion but has the ball up fairly high. He just doesn’t put much snap on it. He reminds me of Keith Van Horn.

One motion shot = less rotation necessary. That's all I'm getting at.

Reaction Score
Question. Does a coach ever straight up just ask a kid if they’re wasting their time? Do they hear the rumors this guy is going to Duke from awhile ago and just ask in a straight up moment?

Reaction Score
Question. Does a coach ever straight up just ask a kid if they’re wasting their time? Do they hear the rumors this guy is going to Duke from awhile ago and just ask in a straight up moment?
Sure. Doesn't mean the kid won't just tell you what you want to hear in response "I'm totally going to evaluate all options". Or maybe they believe it, but it's not true.

Reaction Score

It's a little more complicated than that. These relationships are built over years a lot of the time.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’d have to guess the schools with hardly a chance ask, just in case. But I’m sure coaches learn to pickup vibes and signals from recruits over how interested they are.

Reaction Score

He has 18/12/7 at HALFTIME. Only 8/24 from the field though. Kid is going to take 50 shots in a game at this pace, lol.

Boozer not looking as good as he normally does.. his brother is playing better. 4 fouls and only 5/7/1 at halftime.

Reaction Score
He has 18/12/7 at HALFTIME. Only 8/24 from the field though. Kid is going to take 50 shots in a game at this pace, lol.

Boozer not looking as good as he normally does.. his brother is playing better. 4 fouls and only 5/7/1 at halftime.
Maine United lost by 8. Sounds like the Cooper Flagg Cam Boozer duel fizzled out.

Reaction Score
Maine United lost by 8. Sounds like the Cooper Flagg Cam Boozer duel fizzled out.

I was thinking that was halftime like a bonehead, lol. I was wondering why the game felt so long haha.

Reaction Score
Ill take his twin brother Ace as a package deal if it gets Cooper here. Cooper is reallly impressive, but ace knows how to play too.They said got West Virginia offer, but he’ll get more soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom