Coolest thing about Q's game? | The Boneyard

Coolest thing about Q's game?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
She did a few nice things but most impressive to me was her taking care of the ball in the open court. There were at least a couple of times where you could see her check her instinct to run into trouble and slow up to find Paige or Nika instead. That shows some maturation.

Reaction Score
She did a few nice things but most impressive to me was her taking care of the ball in the open court. There were at least a couple of times where you could see her check her instinct to run into trouble and slow up to find Paige or Nika instead. That shows some maturation.
I love that she just...shoots her shot. Unafraid of the moment and just unwilling to be a space filler.

Reaction Score
She really played with a lot of hustle and desire last night. When Nika and KK got in foul trouble Q and Ice really gave them quality minutes and it showed they can play too when given the opportunity. I feel like Iowa is very winnable but these two will be heavily counted on one more time before it is done.

Reaction Score
If she can get on the court and do three things in the next game, she would have made a big contribution to the team.
1. Guard Clark on the switches and use her length to make it harder for Clark to score
2. Limit foul exposure for our key players and also give them some rest
3. Be fearless and take/make 3 point shots like she always does.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Q has length and quickness. Both can't be taught. She also has an instinct for the ball and reads rebounds well. She will grow into a star on this team. Happy that she got some key minutes and filled that roll very well.
She needs to get in the gym over the off-season and put a little bulk on that frame. Now that Paige is all "buff", she is the teams new "Slim."

Reaction Score
Yesterday Q really showed fight and intensity. When it seemed like USC was getting the upper hand and was beginning to assert themselves, the presence of Q seemed to put a halt to that. It was almost like making a statement that 'we are a tough group too- whatever you think you are going to do, it won't be easy." She is quick and has length.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't want her to lose that either but she's gotta be situationally aware... also like the fact that Nika passed on a decent look to get Q her better shot.
Q already shows some signs, but I believe she’ll continue to improve, as she matures.

Reaction Score
Aubrey 2.0
She is a much better outside shooter than Aubrey her form and release point are beautiful as she releases at the top of her jump. She doesn't have the super quick release like Azzi. She also can use the pick by the big at the elbow to get off her shot. She hustles and rebounds well and is now closer to s soph than a freshman. She is more hesitant than she used to be so by next year she hopefully will understand a good shot in the offense and get her confidence back. She can light it up when hot.

Reaction Score
The idea of "running your offense" is to eventually get the ball in the hands of a player who is open for a shot that is one they can make. That could be after the first pass or the sixth. Paige will take that shot, AE will take that shot, Ash will usually take that shot and Q will definitely take that shot. I like that in Q.

She did nail that one three but when she was in I was mostly looking for how well she played defense. In some games, despite her length and quickness, her feet get stuck and gets out of position to keep her man in front of her or close out quickly on a shooter. In putting her in I'd think Geno was less concerned about how many points she would score and more concerned about how many points were scored against her. In the end she did a good job on D and that 3 was gravy.

Reaction Score
Aubrey 2.0
Potential to be Audrey 2.0 for sure - same height, build, and slashing quickness that makes her a far better rebounder than you'd expect. She will be better next year, and even better the year after that, provided she can get playing time in a loaded roster full of guards/wings that are 6' and under.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Q has length and quickness. Both can't be taught. She also has an instinct for the ball and reads rebounds well. She will grow into a star on this team. Happy that she got some key minutes and filled that roll very well.
And a nice hug from CD.

Reaction Score
I love Q's game. Her length and all around natural athletic ability is going to be a huge plus. Her confidence is another plus. And then you throw in her shooting ability. I can only imagine her stat line once she gets more minutes on the floor.

Sure folks will focus on the bad stuff but for me, her positive side outweighs the negatives. Think about if we actually press teams next season. Q's ability to get deflections, play the passing lane, create steals, drives to the lane...with Q and Aubrey in a 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 press situation and a healthy roster, we could average 95 points a game next season.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I posted this somewhere else (yesterday was a blur, y'all) - comments from Geno re the freshmen, specifically Q:

The UConn women’s basketball coach didn’t have to acknowledge it. He’s a Hall of Fame coach who’s proven time and time again he knows how to win, so of course, he didn’t have to explain his reasoning. Especially to a freshman.
After not playing Qadence Samuels in the second round of the NCAA Tournament against Syracuse, Geno Auriemma apologized to the guard. He pulled her aside after the game and told her it wasn’t personal. That her time was coming. That he believed in her.
“I feel like he really means it when it comes to him apologizing,” Samuels said. “He'll make up for things and he’ll finally trust us.”
Samuels’ time came on Monday in the Elite Eight with a trip to the Final Four on the line. She was the first sub off the bench and it was her 3-pointer that capped an 8-0 run for UConn, giving the team it’s first sizable lead of the day.
“I was pretty nervous. My hands were shaking,” Samuels said. “But at the same time, I was like, ‘We need to win this game. I need to make this big time shot. I'm a 3-point shooter. I just need to make it.’ And as soon as I shot it, I had very much confidence in myself and it just went it.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom