Conversation for Possibility | The Boneyard

Conversation for Possibility

Reaction Score
A lot of June activity. How do you hope things go?

With the possibility of any player adding 'covid' year, I've started to look at 2022 and 2023 as 7 overall available scholarships with 1 spoken for with Corey Floyd. All our prospects are good players. The key for me is getting the guys that can make a difference with deep tournament runs chasing a championship.

I'm convinced that Filipowski & Karaban are both those types of guys right now
My impression is that 2022 Justin Taylor and 2023 Reid Ducharme are those same type of guys at 6'5 / 6'6 diverse skills, IQ, Shooters
2023 Taylor Bol-Bowen seems like the real deal
2022 Clingan & 2023 Miranda both seem like worthy investments (A polished Clingan with great teammates could be dominating)

They are good players, but I'm not sold on Rogers or any of the guards yet as being difference makers at a championship level. So far I see excellent complimentary players that each has a nice skill, but I think we need 1 true alpha guard who can break down his defender and get to the rim, or step back from deep. I don't see it yet and would love other opinions.
I like Anglin's shot,
I like Rodney Rice's size and AAU play but his play in the Dematha games I watched was only ok
I like Quadir Copeland's possibilities at 6'6 PG but he has to mature and make better decisions
2022 Justice Williams and 2023 Jayden Lemond have intriguing rankings
2022 Jayden Epps? Are we still in the running for JJ Starling?

I don't know if Justin Taylor is a real possibility, so at this point I'll go with:

Floyd
Karaban
Clingan
???

Ducharme
Bowen
???

My last pick each year would depend on who we actually land.
In 2022 for last scholly I would want Filipowski #1, Justin Taylor #2, or else any of the guards,
In 2023 I would take a guard if we got Filipowski in 2022, or, Miranda if we took a 2022 guard

If we get skunked between Karaban, Filipowski, Clingan, Bowen, and Ducharme, I'll be real disappointed but I know we will have tried our best.

How do you hope things shake out?

Reaction Score
Lemons in 2023 needs to be a priority like @4xChamps said. Lemond, Bowen, Ducharme would be a HELL of a class.

I would like a 6’3+ shooter in the 2022 class to add to Floyd, Karaban, Clingan (which seems likely).

Love seeing that we’re in a really good spot with a ton of talent in both classes. Any skill/positional gaps that we have (like a big shooter for 2022) could be dealt with through the transfer or grad markets.

Reaction Score
Karaban/Clingan/Rice/Floyd

Lemond/Bowen/Ducharme

I know we’re trying to get a visit, but I’m not sure Rice is realistic any more. Seems like Williams, Epps, Anglin, Taylor are more likely... though we may be too late to the party with Epps and Anglin.

Reaction Score
I think we get Ty Rodgers....no info just a gut feeling. I think Murray wants to get a W

Reaction Score
Karaban/Clingan/Williams/Floyd//Lemond/Bowen/Ducharme..

Think Flip/Rice/Lively/Epps/Copeland have other plans-target schools

Way early on wish list but IMO I think Flip is a long shot because he doesn't see himself getting the PT he's looking for with our depth.. DH has a sales job to do to convince him of how he fits in. No question he's talented but I think he wants to be a featured player in CBB.

Reaction Score
Probably a stretch but gimme Simeon Wilcher, Taylor Bol-Bowen, and a knock down shooter in 2023.

Reaction Score
I know we’re trying to get a visit, but I’m not sure Rice is realistic any more. Seems like Williams, Epps, Anglin, Taylor are more likely... though we may be too late to the party with Epps and Anglin.

Getting an OV with Epps leads believe me to believe we at least have a shot, but need to really wow him. Are we not recruiting JJ Starling at all?

Reaction Score
Getting an OV with Epps leads believe me to believe we at least have a shot, but need to really wow him. Are we not recruiting JJ Starling at all?

It doesn't seem like it. Not 100% sure though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom