Congratulations to the Big East Champions! | The Boneyard

Congratulations to the Big East Champions!

Reaction Score
Need a congratulatory fan thread. Yesterday's win was most significant to a lot of old-timers. We've been climbing that Mountain for 25 years.

Tristen Newton says winning the BE Title is harder than the NCAA Championship.

Back on the Mountaintop where we belong:

No. 3 UConn routs Seton Hall 91-61 to earn first outright Big East ...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Need a congratulatory fan thread. Yesterday's win was significant to a lot of old-timers.

Tristen Newton says winning the BE Title is harder than the NCAA Championship.

Back where we belong:

No. 3 UConn routs Seton Hall 91-61 to earn first outright Big East ...
Very significant. Been a minute.
Hurley is so detailed. Any one thing that didn't go right the season before, the game before, the possession before, he won't quit till he's whipped it.

Reaction Score
Congrats Connecticut and all the fans in this great acomplishment. Kings of the Big East!

LETS... KEEP... WINNING!!!

Reaction Score
The last day we won an outright Big East Championship we had 0 National Championships and had never made a Final Four. Think about that ****. We’re a crazy program.
We've won 29% of the Big East regular season championships that have been available to us and it's been the best conference in the country IMO. It's really not all that crazy.

Reaction Score
We've won 29% of the Big East regular season championships that have been available to us and it's been the best conference in the country IMO. It's really not all that crazy.
You don't think it's crazy that a program won an outright conference championship with 0 national titles and 0 final fours, and then the very next time they won an outright conference championship they had 5 national titles and 6 final fours? It's completely insane.

Reaction Score
You don't think it's crazy that a program won an outright conference championship with 0 national titles and 0 final fours, and then the very next time they won an outright conference championship they had 5 national titles and 6 final fours? It's completely insane.
No I don't. We've won two national championships out of the Big East without winning the Big East regular season championship. It might be a bit unique but it doesn't seem all that crazy to me.

Reaction Score
The last day we won an outright Big East Championship we had 0 National Championships and had never made a Final Four. Think about that ****. We’re a crazy program.
It's a little crazy but we did share the title in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006.

What's crazy is Georgetown won the BE Tournament 3 years ago.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This request for a congratulatory thread has jumped off from, "We're a crazy program" to

"It's not all that crazy" to

"It's completely insane" to

"It might be a bit unique but it doesn't seem all that crazy to me" to

"It's a little crazy but we did share the title in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006.”

So which is it, and why do the nouns & adjectives & adverbs keep shifting? Who's to say which terms & arguments are the correct or best ones, and upon what authority?

How many times has any non-outright Conference champion won the NCAA Tournament in the past 25 years?

How many times has a school that has not won its conference regular season championship ever before won the NCAA Tournament in the past 25 years?

How many schools have won multiple NCAA Tournaments in the past 25 years?

How many schools without having won their own conference regular season championship have won the NCAA Tournament multiple times in the past 25 years?

How many times has a school with no prior conference championships won the NCAA Tournament more than once in the past 25 years?

How does one answer the above questions (and others related) in terms of degrees of sanity?

What defines "a bit" unique?

Does anybody, everybody, or nobody have the winning argument?

Is this like a "Tropical Hot Dog Night," in which "Everything's wrong, at the same time it's right?"

Congratulations, UConn Huskies on clinching the Big East regular season championship outright with two more games yet to be played.

Stay the course, build momentum, and keep winning...one game at a time.

Reaction Score
Cam Spencer is.

Reaction Score
We also haven't talked about how this team was picked to finish 3rd in the conference in the preseason coaches' poll and nobody picked us to win it (by rule, Hurley could not pick us).

Instead we've wrapped it up with 2 games to go.

Reaction Score
I'd bet you on that. Newton? Has the first place team ever not gotten someone on the 1st team? Maybe even Spenser will be on there.
Guessing he meant preseason All-BE first team

Reaction Score
This request for a congratulatory thread has jumped off from, "We're a crazy program" to

So which is it, and why do the nouns & adjectives & adverbs keep shifting? Who's to say which terms & arguments are the correct or best ones, and upon what authority?

How many times has any non-outright Conference champion won the NCAA Tournament in the past 25 years?

How many times has a school that has not won its conference regular season championship ever before won the NCAA Tournament in the past 25 years?

How many schools without having won their own conference regular season championship have won the NCAA Tournament multiple times in the past 25 years?

How many times has a school with no prior conference championships won the NCAA Tournament more than once in the past 25 years?

How does one answer the above questions (and others related) in terms of degrees of sanity?

Is this like a "Tropical Hot Dog Night," in which "Everything's wrong, at the same time it's right?"

Congratulations, UConn Huskies on clinching the Big East regular season championship outright with two more games yet to be played.

Uconn fans in a nutshell

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

I think we all share an opinion about your unique post…it’s insane.

(jk Hans, you’re good people)

Reaction Score
Good lord @HooperScooper. Of all the people to make this mistake...
Lol. I did it on purpose because Pal always spells Spencer like that. So I was making fun of him by doing that. :)

You really thought I made that mistake? I guess I should have put a smiley face after the post but I figured everyone would get it.

Reaction Score
Guessing he meant preseason All-BE first team
Next year, 2024-2025? I must have missed the discussion about next year. I thought he was talking about the post season Big East awards next week.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Lol. I did it on purpose because Pal always spells Spencer like that. So I was making fun of him by doing that. :)

You really thought I made that mistake? I guess I should have put a smiley face after the post but I figured everyone would get it.
This is a relief

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom