Congrats to the Graduates. Now Move Out and Get a Job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congrats to the Graduates. Now Move Out and Get a Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Or lose it depending on your perspective. I'd say the kids spending the next year backpacking thru Europe, Asia, Africa, etc. are the big winners.
When you put it that way I'm a loser. I want to do that to be honest, but I don't have large amounts of money to blow on things like F1, skiing, fine dining, prostitutes, etc.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
When you put it that way I'm a loser. I want to do that to be honest, but I don't have large amounts of money to blow on things like F1, skiing, fine dining, prostitutes, etc.

Move to a ski town and go for the glory. I moved to Tahoe and worked at a ski resort and restaurant (free skiing and fine dining) and only 45 minutes from the bunny ranch. (save up enough tips and you're good for a weekend visit. For the record, I only went once when i was 18). I'm not sure that I'm a great example but I've enjoyed the hell out of my 47 years. I didn't get serious about a real job until 27 (20 long years ago) and don't regret the time i spent as a ski bum/world traveler one iota. You can always get a job!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Move to a ski town and go for the glory. I moved to Tahoe and worked at a ski resort and restaurant (free skiing and fine dining) and only 45 minutes from the bunny ranch. (save up enough tips and you're good for a weekend visit. For the record, I only went once when i was 18). I'm not sure that I'm a great example but I've enjoyed the hell out of my 47 years. I didn't get serious about a real job until 27 (20 long years ago) and don't regret the time i spent as a ski bum/world traveler one iota. You can always get a job!
My brother did the same. Graduated from an Ivy League school in 1991 and the economy was in the tank so he went out to Aspen and stayed for 3 years. He then back packed around the world for almost a year. My parents were asking themselves why they spent so much money on college for their son to do this but in the long run it didn't do anything negative for his career. He said he'd do it again if he knew then what he knows now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin
Top Bottom