Conference Realignment | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment

Reaction Score
Not true whatsoever. During our "average" years (2003-2013), UConn drew at or near capacity. No surprise that attendance has been in a free fall afterwards, when the Diacopolypse started taking hold.

View attachment 37340

Honestly, these type of misinformed posts don't do UConn any good whatsoever. And with the light posting history from this poster, I have the sick feeling that I'm just feeding some Big East troll.
But we didn't even sell 1,000 tickets to Fiesta!

Before people jump on me, I'm being sarcastic.....

Reaction Score
I just wish we could have a reasonable discussion on it. Im personally leaning towards drop football but I'm not going to actively root against us. The university did a terrible job branding football and did nothing in regards to unifying the fan base. Football should have been pumped up a lot more. There's a bad culture in our fanbase and a lot of that is the fault of UConn
UConn football came late. Some jumped on board immediately, others waited for some success (typical for CT)... Unfortunately, much of Catholic NE is already fan of ND or BC. Others have laid claim to other programs (PSU, Bama, etc).
It's not uncommon for many UConn basketball fans to root for some other fb program.
The early success was great to capture the younger fans. But it takes time and we certainly need a reason for fans to get excited.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Look fella...Do you disagree with what I posted? Or are you just xenophobic?

Pissed because I am not a UConn guy..OK...but I am a sports guy and have sort of an adopted interest in UConn...

And, oh yes, FSU had a losing season for the first time in 40 plus years...but is that at all germane?
Nah, you are troll. If you are going to be a troll and you are a fan of team that had losing season and had its butt kicked by and an in state rival, you have to expect that you'll hear about it.

Reaction Score
P.S. To those who think you drop football when you have so much invested you need to step back and stop looking at today and think about five years from now. This has to change, but this continued talk about dropping football doesn't look good to recruits, their families or others. So just stop once and for all.
Agree with this in principle, but the decision point is 3 years not 5.

When I left GE in 2002 and came back to Pratt, GE and UTX were trading at approximately the same price. Since then UTX has gone over $100 and split twice. Today it trades somewhere around $120. The question in my mind is would you still be buying GE stock today at around $7 with a mountain of debt still on their books, no dividend to speak of, and having been kicked out of the P5 (aka the Dow Industrial Average)? UConn FB is kinda in the GE situation right now. Hemorrhaging red ink with chances of pulling out of the collapse somewhat problematic. I see where the Big East fanatics are coming from. But we are some time away from that kind of decision.

Reaction Score
Nah, you are troll. If you are going to be a troll and you are a fan of team that had losing season and had its butt kicked by and an in state rival, you have to expect that you'll hear about it.

LOL xenophobe...yeah, they got beaten badly by Florida, their rival.

But the world is upside down...they also are, today, ranked AP top 10 in basketball and beat Gators by 21.

For everything there is a season..turn, turn, turn

Reaction Score
Not true whatsoever. During our "average" years (2003-2013), UConn drew at or near capacity. No surprise that attendance has been in a free fall afterwards, when the Diacopolypse started taking hold.

View attachment 37340

Honestly, these type of misinformed posts don't do UConn any good whatsoever. And with the light posting history from this poster, I have the sick feeling that I'm just feeding some Big East troll.
You really need to file an FOI request for the turnstyle counts if they are not in the public domain already. They are nowhere near that high since 2010. But I agree, the late oughts and 2010 were magical at the Rent. The problem is, that was then, this is now.

CL82

Reaction Score

But the world is upside down...they also are, today, ranked AP top 10 in basketball and beat Gators by 21.

Lol, Troll gets hurt feelings over being called a troll :rolleyes: You realize that is right of the troll handbook, right?

To be honest, I was surprised when we played you guys. I expected you to be more dominant, which you were at times. You guys are play a similar aggressive style to UConn. I thought the maturity of squad (and front court size) made the difference.

Reaction Score
Even when UConn had an average football program, the state didn't pay attention to them. The basketball team is what we are known for nationally. The fact is UConn football is a national embarrassment that needs to go independent or drop down a level. We need to get back to the big east a power basketball conference, not keep chasing a football dream that is never going happen because the state doesn't care about college football and we kind of suck at it.
Living in the past. The Big East is only considered a "power" because of Nova. No other team in that league has done anything noteworthy. They are not putting multiple teams in the sweet 16 anymore. What excites you about Creighton or DePaul or Xavier over AAC schools?

Football is down, but it will never go away. Win and the program is not a joke. And check out TV ratings some day and see which team and which sport draws more eyeball nationally/regionally during the regular season even with a national embarrassment of a program.

Reaction Score
Living in the past. The Big East is only considered a "power" because of Nova. No other team in that league has done anything noteworthy. They are not putting multiple teams in the sweet 16 anymore. What excites you about Creighton or DePaul or Xavier over AAC schools?

Football is down, but it will never go away. Win and the program is not a joke. And check out TV ratings some day and see which team and which sport draws more eyeball nationally/regionally during the regular season even with a national embarrassment of a program.

Nova lost to Penn yesterday, so there's that. The "Back to the Big East" Crowd are people chasing nostalgia, thinking small too. Once football starts to win again, the bball fans will comeback. Time heals all wounds. Assuming Edsall 2.0 goes well, 2021 could the our UCF of this year or Houston of a few years ago.

Reaction Score
Even when UConn had an average football program, the state didn't pay attention to them. The basketball team is what we are known for nationally. The fact is UConn football is a national embarrassment that needs to go independent or drop down a level. We need to get back to the big east a power basketball conference, not keep chasing a football dream that is never going happen because the state doesn't care about college football and we kind of suck at it.

Wrong, how about the near sellouts that we had in RE1.0? I think Connecticut cares about college football, but it will take a few years to get back to where we were.

I guess you are a loser, since you want to quit football...Winners never quit and quitters never win....

Reaction Score
What major schools ever drop football? I can't think of one. UVM, imho, isn't a major school..

Reaction Score
Lol, Troll gets hurt feelings over being called a troll :rolleyes: You realize that is right of the troll handbook, right?

To be honest, I was surprised when we played you guys. I expected you to be more dominant, which you were at times. You guys are play a similar aggressive style to UConn. I thought the maturity of squad (and front court size) made the difference.

I was quite surprised that UConn, a storied basketball school, did not play better against a football school.

I thought that the better team won despite the refs putting FSU's big men on the bench making Hamilton go to the small squad and allowing the Huskies to take a bite out of the 15 point lead/

UConn played good defense but needed to shoot better than 40% from the 2's...

The Huskies will win AAC games and be a tournament team....Don't know about the Noles, they will lose conference games.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Hamilton is absolutely filthy.

Like nuclear waste filthy.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Bill, you're the dumbest person on the boneyard so I'd lay off insulting people. I'm a football fan first. At this point we should be begging to be put out of our misery so we don't have to keep watching these atrocities

Name calling better known as your calling card. Stick to basketball, FCIAC sports and the Cesspool. The real world will chew up and spit out people like you.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No major school quits football, ever. That is the nail in the coffin. Then you might as well go DIII and become an academic institution. Once you've made the jump you need to stay there as there is no turning back.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is absolutely filthy.

Like nuclear waste filthy.

I thought the musical inaccurate in historical fact but a decent score for broadway.

The coach..Hamilton? A quiet, dirty Harry demeanor....he doesn't much do dancing to the oldies by Richard Simmons on the sideline.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This thread should be locked or sent to the Conference Realignment Board. I also suggest a primer on conference realignment for those new to the game. Many of us have felt the ups and downs since the 1st break off from the Big East. That means 15 years of this crap. Put the primer up as required reading prior to posting drop football drivel. I have hate in my heart for Gene DeFillipo, Swofford and any idiot poster who knows nothing of this crap but keeps talking about drop football because they have been in a down cycle. Problem with society today is people can only see what is in front of them. Immediate gratification. No depth of thought or critical thinking.

I am going back to my cave.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If you advocate for a return to the Big East, you are advocating for a future where our prime OOC games and postseason competition come from the A10, AAC, and MWC.

Non-P5 status in basketball will be equivalent to FCS football in 20 years. We don’t go down that road until all options have been exhausted.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
I was quite surprised that UConn, a storied basketball school, did not play better against a football school.

I thought that the better team won despite the refs putting FSU's big men on the bench making Hamilton go to the small squad and allowing the Huskies to take a bite out of the 15 point lead/

UConn played good defense but needed to shoot better than 40% from the 2's...

The Huskies will win AAC games and be a tournament team....Don't know about the Noles, they will lose conference games.
Meh, UConn's basketball history will help it about as much as FSU's football history did in the fall. As you said, to everything there is a season.

I'm more optimistic about the Noles chances this season than you are. Their upperclassmen will carry them in close games. I agree with you that you guys were the better team and the reffing was questionable when we played. This season give us a taste of what Hurley's Huskies will be. I'm looking forward to it. It is fun basketball to watch.

Reaction Score
I was quite surprised that UConn, a storied basketball school, did not play better against a football school......................

Honest to god, I read this s*** and wonder how anyone has the time to post drivel like this on an ongoing basis. It must be like continuously having the runs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom