Comparing the present GENO with the past GENO...... | The Boneyard

Comparing the present GENO with the past GENO......

Reaction Score
With the undefeated/championship UConn teams of 2002-2003, 2003-2004, & 2014-2015, 2015-2016 coming back to Storrs to be honored it calls for comparing the past Geno and the present Geno!
I've heard players from the earlier years of Geno's time at UConn come back to practice and games and afterwards tell Geno, "You aren't as big an SOB now as you were with us!"
The thought that Geno has "mellowed" in the eyes of his alumni is (to me) hilarious!
His cutting wit has impacted many a star player, who still love and respect him for making them better players/people now in their adult lives! See Rebecca Lobo's and Swin cash's Hall of Fame speeches!
Paige talked about Geno at tonight's post game press conference!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know that Geno has mellowed so much as has adapted to a new reality in which most players will not thrive in the methodology the team employed 20 years ago.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From 20 years ago. 60 Minutes was actually reading the Boneyard and contacted me to be interviewed for the fans’ angle but I ended up on the Editing Room floor. Morley Safer did get a Boneyard hoodie that he wore wile jogging. Very nice man.

CL82

Reaction Score
From 20 years ago. 60 Minutes was actually reading the Boneyard and contacted me to be interviewed for the fans’ angle but I ended up on the Editing Room floor. Morley Safer did get a Boneyard hoodie that he wore wile jogging. Very nice man.

I remember this at the time, and I remember a picture that was posted on The Boneyard which, for some inexplicable reason had grasshoppers photo shopped all over it. Do you remember that, or have I had a stroke or something?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I remember this at the time, and I remember a picture that was posted on The Boneyard which, for some inexplicable reason had grasshoppers photo shopped all over it. Do you remember that, or have I had a stroke or something?
Sounds like a @Biff special

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Are there Boneyard products available for purchase for us fans of the BY?

CL82

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Wrong Boneyard.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not any more. I had boxes of tees, hoodies, and hats in my basement for ages that I couldn’t sell. We stopped trying to sell them.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Wrong Boneyard.
That was the joke, such as it was.
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Reaction Score
That was the joke, such as it was.
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky
I enjoyed your joke, even though it's a universally accepted truth that "nothing improves a joke more than being asked to explain it." Now let me add an emoji or a gif to signal that I'm speaking ironically lest I be asked to explain my joke.

So Excited Flirting GIF

CL82

Reaction Score
I enjoyed your joke, even though it's a universally accepted truth that "nothing improves a joke more than being asked to explain it." Now let me add an emoji or a gif to signal that I'm speaking ironically lest I be asked to explain my joke.

So Excited Flirting GIF
There was a time on The Boneyard when a request like that would resulted in this link. That, at least, is a little bit less ambiguous.
;)

Reaction Score

Thanks Nan, this “review” is greatly appreciated.

Reaction Score

As always, Yogi turns out to be right!

Reaction Score
Watching a replay of a 2004 game against Tennessee, and Ann Meyers observed that Taurasi was “remarkably efficient, averaging 18 pts a game on 12 shots.” Sound familiar? And then she remarked that “Geno wants her to be less unselfish.”

Reaction Score
Has Geno changed. Why don't you ask yourself what you were like thirty years ago and if there is any difference today? Then lie and say "No."

Reaction Score
Geno has always been very funny but in his youth he would say things before really thinking about how it would be heard. When he talks now he always stops to make sure what he about to say is going to be received like a message from the leader of the sport should be heard. His attention to detail on the floor is still very high and if he has softened anywhere it is how he communicates with his players.

In my mind he is still the best coach in college basketball and will be until he retires. The bar is set so high people evaluating him have no chance of doing it fairly or accurately. He is the Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky all rolled into one. I love to critique him on the Boneyard but that is about where my credentials end.

Reaction Score
With the undefeated/championship UConn teams of 2002-2003, 2003-2004, & 2014-2015, 2015-2016 coming back to Storrs to be honored it calls for comparing the past Geno and the present Geno!
I've heard players from the earlier years of Geno's time at UConn come back to practice and games and afterwards tell Geno, "You aren't as big an SOB now as you were with us!"
The thought that Geno has "mellowed" in the eyes of his alumni is (to me) hilarious!
His cutting wit has impacted many a star player, who still love and respect him for making them better players/people now in their adult lives! See Rebecca Lobo's and Swin cash's Hall of Fame speeches!
Paige talked about Geno at tonight's post game press conference!

Coach there is little comparison that can be made of the Geno of 1990's and now. Girls were stumbling overr themselves to join the Handsome charmer from Philly. He got tossed out of more games then. He had the best of the best players then. He played a game few if any other WCBB teams played. His competition was weaker.
Sue Bird like the Wes B of the past sunk 3/4 court shots,. None have done that recently

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom