2020 Recruiting: - Commits by Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Commits by Conference

Reaction Score
Not when you balance it against the guys who chose somewhere other than UConn because they really wanted to play in the American, right?
I can base it on when they committed. I think they wanted to play for UConn which happens to be in th AAC at the time.

The data above presented cleanly wouldn't fit the narrative some want to tell. Just keep it real.

Reaction Score
I can base it on when they committed. I think they wanted to play for UConn which happens to be in th AAC at the time.

The data above presented cleanly wouldn't fit the narrative some want to tell. Just keep it real.

UConn's only 2020 recruit is Jackson, who just committed. What are you talking about?

Reaction Score
UConn's only 2020 recruit is Jackson, who just committed. What are you talking about?

......I think there is a 2nd in the bag. But ok when he committed.

I think it is more about UConn being on the upswing in general than it is about playing St. John's.

It doesn't matter because the conference move has been made. I just don't buy the conference being that big of a deal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter because the conference move has been made. I just don't buy the conference being that big of a deal.

Just look at the numbers above. Heck, even Cliff lost interest in UCONN, and then was back on because of AAC -> BE. I wouldn't be surprised if that is why Andre Jackson fell off there for a while too.

Kids on the east coast aren't gagging to play in the AAC. Staying local is important to kids. Jackson and his mom said as much. They get to see games.

Reaction Score

Keep it real? The 2020 class is a group of kids who are going to play in the big east, so why would they go under the American conference?

Reaction Score
Hot (crystal) balls this weekend for:

Marquette (57th overall, combo guard RJ Davis)
Georgetown (91st overall, forward Jamari Sibley)

Reaction Score

.I think there is a 2nd in the bag. But ok when he committed.

I think it is more about UConn being on the upswing in general than it is about playing St. John's.

Come on, it's absolutely a big deal. Common sense says so and why would Hurley and recruits be lying?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

This post brought my IQ down 69 points.

Reaction Score

The insiders on the Cuse board posted on September 27 that something changed with Andre Jackson 2 months to the date that caused him to flip from Cuse to UConn. July 27 it was announced we would be in the Big East in 2021. Dan Hurley has publicly stated that recruits started answering his calls again after the Big East news.

Not hard to connect the dots here

Reaction Score

You can buy what you want, but your complaint was that the data is misleading. Could you explain how?

pj

Reaction Score
The insiders on the Cuse board posted on September 27 that something changed with Andre Jackson 2 months to the date that caused him to flip from Cuse to UConn. July 27 it was announced we would be in the Big East in 2021. Dan Hurley has publicly stated that recruits started answering his calls again after the Big East news.

Not hard to connect the dots here

No, the announcement of UConn to the Big East was in June, and Syracuse was collecting crystal balls for Andre in August. The big change in Andre's recruitment followed Dan's surgery, and Andre's visit sealed the deal.

The Big East move was a positive but it wasn't decisive.

Reaction Score
No, the announcement of UConn to the Big East was in June, and Syracuse was collecting crystal balls for Andre in August. The big change in Andre's recruitment followed Dan's surgery, and Andre's visit sealed the deal.

The Big East move was a positive but it wasn't decisive.
The announcement was in June, end of July was the announcement we were getting out early and would be there for 2021

Reaction Score

Dude Andre specifically said the move to the big east was part of the reason he came here. Sorry but you’re wrong

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

And here I'd thought my point was sufficiently self-evident that I only needed to consider the wording of a comic take.

Reaction Score
Just look at the numbers above. Heck, even Cliff lost interest in UCONN, and then was back on because of AAC -> BE. I wouldn't be surprised if that is why Andre Jackson fell off there for a while too.

Kids on the east coast aren't gagging to play in the AAC. Staying local is important to kids. Jackson and his mom said as much. They get to see games.
I think kids care about staying local, but I also think theres a lot of them who don’t care either way. Under Calhoun, we got kids from all over the country (California, Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, Texas). But, the kids that are from NY, NJ, MA, and CT that want to stay local, its important not to miss on them.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
If it were me, there would be 4 major factors, 3 more significant to be close to home.
1 - Can you help me get to the next level
2 - Can you get me to the dance and/or TV
3 - Is there synergy with coaches and team mates
4 - How close to home (of course some kids want to get away from home)

If someone hits all 4 then I would let Momma pick. Always got to make Momma happy

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Nice class for any non-blueblood. Butler/Xavier/Creighton all do pretty nice for themselves on the recruiting trail. Better than half the AAC, reallly.

Because they’re better programs than half the AAC.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I am inclined to agree, but I’d add Tulane to that AAC list.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Using Rivals150 rankings [76 total commits]:
18 - ACC
14 - Big Ten
11 - Big East
9 - Big 12
9 - SEC
7 - Pac 12
4 - AAC
2 - WCC
1 - Big South
1 - MWC

Using Top247 rankings [118 total commits]:
23 - ACC
21 - Big Ten
14 - Big East
11 - SEC
9 - Big 12
9 - Pac 12
7 - MWC
6 - AAC
5 - A10
4 - WCC
3 - Ivy
2 - Big South
1 - ASUN
1 - CAA
1 - CUSA
1 - MAC

Using ESPN100 rankings [52 total commits]:
14 - ACC
9 - Big Ten
9 - SEC
6 - Big East
5 - Big 12
5 - Pac 12
2 - WCC
1 - MWC
1 - AAC

Just a reminder to factor in the size of the conference.
Big East and B12 are 11 and 10 (since tcf put UConn in Big East). Pac is 12. SEC and B1G are 14. ACC is 15.

It is pretty clear the depth of recruiting is solid in the Big East. It's also clear to me that the Big East helps UConn, even if I don't think the AAC hurts Memphis, Houston, WSU etc. It probably hurts Temple. I think Temple is potentially going to struggle more with UConn gone.

Reaction Score
Rivals.com doesn't work in Ireland and the Yankees don't start til 1:40 AM local time, so I am a frustrated sports fan right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom