College vs G League | The Boneyard

College vs G League

Reaction Score
Anyone that doubts the crowds in college are primarily supporting the name on the front of the Jersey should switch a second to watch the G-League Nets game on YES. The quality of play and closeness of the game are similar to the UConn game, but there can’t be more than 200 fans in the Nassau Coliseum. Take this year’s Huskies and put them in G-League jerseys in the armory in Hartford, how many fans would they draw? We love the Huskies but does anyone mourn the Hellcats?

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone doubts the crowds are supporting the name on the front of the jersey and the average quality of player far exceeds most games save a Duke Kansas matchup or something of the ilk. G League games are fun and super cheap and there are a lot of former college studs that just aren't in that .001 percent of talent to make the NBA.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure everyone agrees at all. Every time a discussion of paying players comes up we hear about how the players are making the schools so much money and not getting compensated, while I believe it’s the schools that are giving kids that would otherwise play in empty gyms a chance to play before crowds, develop and get a virtually free education. I supported stipends for players and even 5 or 6 year scholarships (still only 4 years to play) if that’s what it takes to complete a degree and receive their end of the bargain with their time commitments but oppose outright paying players. It will be interesting to see the impact of the new G-League salary rules.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom