College Madness Top 44 Preview (2022-23) | The Boneyard

College Madness Top 44 Preview (2022-23)

Reaction Score
Not Florida; Miami (FL)
They have Miami (FL) #44, Florida (Gators) at #43

I was expecting Florida to be a bit better than Alabama this year, could be wrong.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I was expecting Florida to be a bit better than Alabama this year, could be wrong.
Lol this is indicative of how much this poll interests me, I couldn't even look at it long enough to read it.

My general impression of this poll over the years is that it seems minimally credible.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

That surprised me too. I have to admit I'm not very familiar w/ Bama. Looking at their roster, I see quite a few transfers. So...maybe they'll be significantly better than last year? Who knows.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Florida should be higher. Just adding KK Deans (WVU) and Leilani Correa (St John’s) is enough to offset the scoring left by Kiki Smith. Add in 6-6 Kyle who was having a good season at Purdue prior to her injury makes me believe they have the talent and unless KRF is a 1st season fluke the Gators should be in for a good season. That’s not even mentioning their returners.

Reaction Score
If Seton Hall is 42nd then the BE should have 5 in the top 42. (Vill. DePaul, Crei. UConn), That's 8 tier 1 wins in-conference plus the BET.
Of course they all have to play like the rankings but this would be much better than the AAC.

I could care less where they put UConn. But not much less.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Seton Hall is 42nd then the BE should have 5 in the top 42. (Vill. DePaul, Crei. UConn), That's 8 tier 1 wins in-conference plus the BET.
Of course they all have to play like the rankings but this would be much better than the AAC.

I could care less where they put UConn. But not much less.

They list Hall at #5 in the Big East. Hall has SIX transfers.

Reaction Score
Is there any significance to the number 44?

It’s not 64 team field less 32 autobids- which would have some significance.

Reaction Score
I expect MIAMI WILL BE AT LEAST THIS GOOD. they were a tough, physical team last year that gave SCar a struggle in the NCAA second round. They swept FSU and Georgia Tech. Had upset wins over Notre Dame and Louisville.

They picked up two quality bigs in freshmen in 6-4 Lazarus Spearman and 6-6 brawny bully Kayla Oldacre ( who stole Lauren Betts’ lunch money in the McDonalds AA game)

Reaction Score
This will not go well if UConn is outside the top 5. :eek:
I'm an avid/almost rabid Uconn Basketball fan. I personally have minimal need for pre season ranking. Typically, Uconn always (mostly) meets my ego requirements for bragging rights at the end of the season.
However, I shall gleefully accept a number 1 or 2 ranking.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I expect MIAMI WILL BE AT LEAST THIS GOOD. they were a tough, physical team last year that gave SCar a struggle in the NCAA second round. They swept FSU and Georgia Tech. Had upset wins over Notre Dame and Louisville.

They picked up two quality bigs in freshmen in 6-4 Lazarus Spearman and 6-6 brawny bully Kayla Oldacre ( who stole Lauren Betts’ lunch money in the McDonalds AA game)
And, additional height/athleticism in 6'4 freshman transfer, Latasha Lattimore from Texas.

Reaction Score
Miami could be a real force this year. Meier had a lot of success with her 2-big duo of Mompremier/Hof and I expect her to go back to that this year with 4 bigs in rotation. They also have 4 returning starters and a lot of depth on the bench plus the addition of Haley Cavinder could be an x-factor for them.

Reaction Score
Interesting list thus far. I agree with everyone on Miami, though the ACC is so tough.
I'm surprised Florida is also so low. KK dean's, Leilani Correa, Aliyah Matheru all r pretty big gets from the portal. The team also brings back some talent from their pretty successful team last year. Not sure y Seton Hall would be above them.
I was happy to see Georgia Tech on the list. I was buzzing about Cam Swartz but really haven't heard much about her transition back home. They did lose their point guard in the draft as well but I'd be happy if their a tournament team

Reaction Score
Interesting list thus far. I agree with everyone on Miami, though the ACC is so tough.
I'm surprised Florida is also so low. KK dean's, Leilani Correa, Aliyah Matheru all r pretty big gets from the portal. The team also brings back some talent from their pretty successful team last year. Not sure y Seton Hall would be above them.
I was happy to see Georgia Tech on the list. I was buzzing about Cam Swartz but really haven't heard much about her transition back home. They did lose their point guard in the draft as well but I'd be happy if their a tournament team

Per this tweet that was shared in the ACC & Big South thread, some reporters have been keeping tabs and believe she'll have impact this season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They lost quite a bit. Cubaj, Lahtinen, Bates, Strautmane. Hermosa and Love are about the only 2 significant contributors returning. They did add several good transfers though.

Reaction Score

I know there are a lot of Ole Miss fans on this board. Here you go. #34

2021-22 Record: 23-9, 10-6
2021-22 Postseason: NCAA
Coach: Yolett McPhee-McCuin
Coach Record: 54-66 at Mississippi, 148-129 overall

Key Departed Players:
Shakira Austin, Forward, 15.2 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.7 apg
Lashonda Monk, Guard, 9.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.9 apg
Donnetta Johnson, Guard, 5.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.8 apg
Mimi Reid, Guard, 3.3 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 3.6 apg
Caitlin McGee, Forward, 3.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.6 apg

Key Returning Players:
Angel Baker, Senior, Guard, 11.1 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg
Madison Scott, Junior, Forward, 9.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.4 apg
Snudda Collins, Junior, Forward, 5.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.4 apg
Destiny Salary, Junior, Guard, 3.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.0 apg

Key New Players:
Bree Calhoun, Senior, Guard, Transfer from Seattle
Marquesha Davis, Senior, Guard, Transfer from Arkansas
Elauna Eaton, Sophomore, Guard, Transfer from Arkansas
Rita Igbokwe, Senior, Center, Transfer from Pittsburgh
Brooke Moore, Senior, Guard, Transfer from Purdue
Marta Ostojic, Freshman, Guard
Tyia Singleton, Senior, Forward, Transfer from Rutgers
Myah Taylor, Senior, Guard, Transfer from Mississippi State
Ayanna Thompson, Freshman, Guard

Projected Postseason Tournament: NCAA

By the Numbers:

Scoring Offense: 66.9 (122nd in nation, 12th in conference)
Scoring Defense: 56.6 (34, 2)
Field-Goal Percentage: 42.1 (89, 7)
Field-Goal Defense: 39.1 (133, 6)
Three-Point Field Goals Per Game: 3.2 (342, 14)
Three-Point Field-Goal Percentage: 27.9 (282, 14)
Free-Throw Percentage: 66.9 (284, 10)
Rebound Margin: 4.8 (63, 5)
Assists Per Game: 14.3 (80, 4)
Turnovers Per Game: 14.1 (79, 5)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They have Kansas State at #33.... I guess they didn't get the memo that Lee is out for the season.

Ain't no way Ole Miss should be higher than Duke in any poll. This aint College Football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom