Collective Gasp | The Boneyard

Collective Gasp

Reaction Score
I know CC's record breaking shot is old news, but came across this video yesterday by WHO TV out of Des Moines.
Not sure if I've ever heard a crowd reaction like this as a shot was being taken. Couldn't hear this on broadcast due to commentary by announcers.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I never even thought of it til now...but that game ball has to be worth quite a bit. Who ends up with that?

Reaction Score
I know CC's record breaking shot is old news, but came across this video yesterday by WHO tv out of Des Moines.
Not sure if I've ever heard a crowd reaction like this before as a shot was being taken. Couldn't hear this on broadcast due to commentary by announcers.

Thanks, Bjbod! As you said, it has much more impact when the commentators' voices are axed out... what a moment!

Reaction Score
Reminds me of when UConns Tate George hit an improbable buzzer beater in the sweet 16. Some UConn fans were at the Hartford symphony but were secretly listening quietly through walkmans (kind of like an iPhone kids but just for listening to the radio). When he hit the shot all of a sudden there was a big murmur through the concert hall. :)
I’m sure the musicians were very confused and startled.

Reaction Score
I never even thought of it til now...but that game ball has to be worth quite a bit. Who ends up with that?
Pretty sure I saw CC give the ball to someone for safekeeping.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Pretty sure I saw CC give the ball to someone for safekeeping.
In pro sports I think they try to grab the ball for the player after they hit a big milestone, I wasn't sure about the protocol for NCAA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom