Cobb suspension--any updates or guesses??? | The Boneyard

Cobb suspension--any updates or guesses???

Reaction Score
Any guess if this is going to remain in effect for rest of season? Ollie has been mum on it and not sure I can remember media even addressing it with him.

Already up to 4 games after Nova, SMU on Thursday would be #5.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I'm wondering the same thing. Same lack of transparency bs with this program. Leaving us in the dark guessing and making the fan base anxious. Honestly IMHO, if he doesn't want to be a team player and do what coaches ask of him, he can give us back the keys and get out. Geno boots kids out for not listening, KO is probably doing the same but keeping quiet about it.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Same lack of transparency bs with this program. Leaving us in the dark guessing and making the fan base anxious.

This. The lack of transparency around the timing of Wilson's case with the NCAA, the lack of transparency around Larrier's injury, and the lack of transparency in this case.

To be clear, Ollie and UConn owe us nothing. They don't have to tell us a thing, and sometimes, maybe even in this case, there's good reason not to.

The other side of the sword, of course, is that when they don't, it leads to speculation ("Is Larrier really hurt?", "Did they lie about Wilson?" etc.), and that speculation poisons the well of fan/team relationship.

The Cobb question will no doubt be raised soon. Let's see how they handle it...

Reaction Score
This. The lack of transparency around the timing of Wilson's case with the NCAA, the lack of transparency around Larrier's injury, and the lack of transparency in this case.

To be clear, Ollie and UConn owe us nothing. They don't have to tell us a thing, and sometimes, maybe even in this case, there's good reason not to.

The other side of the sword, of course, is that when they don't, it leads to speculation ("Is Larrier really hurt?", "Did they lie about Wilson?" etc.), and that speculation poisons the well of fan/team relationship.

I agree with you that the lack of transparency is annoying. In addition to the matters you discussed, there was the Larrier benching at the beginning of the Coppin State game, as well. We only learned later that it was for insubordination.

Reaction Score
This probably depends on whether he shows remorse to KO. It’s pretty easy to read.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if Cobb has been on the bench or at practices(not participating just in the gym)?

Reaction Score
Genuinely pleasant kid who can't seem to harness his basketball talent while on the court. Unfortunate, but this team desperately needs talent that translates to effectiveness on the court so the possible open scholarship may be a blessing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Genuinely pleasant kid who can't seem to harness his basketball talent while on the court

seemingly can't harness his temper when pulled for making a mistake either.

Reaction Score
There is a lack of transparency from Uconn but I think some of these reporters that cover the team also need to do a better job. Most of the time they don't know any more than we do. When it comes to some matters, like recruiting, they know even less than we do. They need to make more phone calls, get more contacts, be more persistent etc.

Reaction Score
There is a lack of transparency from Uconn but I think some of these reporters that cover the team also need to do a better job. Most of the time they don't know any more than we do. When it comes to some matters, like recruiting, they know even less than we do. They need to make more phone calls, get more contacts, be more persistent etc.

Totally agree. Ollie isn't going to share if no one even bothers asking.

Reaction Score

Optics-wise, it sure doesn't help dispel the impression of "dumpster fire" that KO has turned this program into.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Reminds me how much times have changed. In the 1990's and early 200o's, when print media was still relevant, UConn had something close to twice the total number of dedicated reporters following the team that any other team had. It was a very different time. Now we get jack squat in most cases.

Reaction Score
Reminds me how much times have changed. In the 1990's and early 200o's, when print media was still relevant, UConn had something close to twice the total number of dedicated reporters following the team that any other team had.
Yup, when the Horde actually was a horde!

Reaction Score
Kid I coached says he hasn't been with the team on campus.

Reaction Score
Reminds me how much times have changed. In the 1990's and early 200o's, when print media was still relevant, UConn had something close to twice the total number of dedicated reporters following the team that any other team had. It was a very different time. Now we get jack squat in most cases.
Welcome to the internet age and the demise of print media.
The new practice facility allows coaches to lock practice because it is a dedicated facility. JC would have loved it.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
From yesterday afternoon:

I’d rather see him off for good and try to fill the spot with a player who doesn’t have temper issues.

Reaction Score
I’d rather see him off for good and try to fill the spot with a player who doesn’t have temper issues.
Kid has raw talent and size. If he can be coached (big if) he can be a valuable part of the team.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Kid has raw talent and size. If he can be coached (big if) he can be a valuable part of the team.
Despite how great that would I’m not hopeful. If he does come back, Best case scenario, next year Kisunas, despite being younger, could become a mentor to Cobb. Show him how to play tough but don’t mouth off and disrespect authority. That’s of course, if Kisunas and other actually follow through pending the final results of this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom