Coaching | The Boneyard

Coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At this point it's safe to say this coach isn't anything special.

The QB sneak call they have seen all day was terrible .

The shenanigans to throw your own kickers timing off an abomination.

Plays for FG attempts early while the opposition plays for tds.

Next year it's put up or shut up time.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm seriously not going to be shocked if Diaco is canned after this season. After the Big 12 garbage I have a feeling that Benedict had to come away knowing football was the weight that held us down. Not sure missing a bowl game this season will sit ok with Benedict and he doesn't pull the plug and get his guy. This is unacceptable what we've seen all season. Nothing is improving. No need to give another year.

Reaction Score
Our talent is obviously lacking but our coaching absolutely sucks. Play calling is horrible, defensive philosophy of 15 yard cushion on a Freshman QB in bad weather conditions. No clue

This. . . or DBs are so slow they can't stop the deep ball. But they give up 7 yards a clip and we get beat with deep middle balls galore! We have no speed on both sides of the ball. Can't win when you don't have speed and can't block well enough to play good smash mouth ball. 4th and 1 and what else. . . quick QB sneak. . . yeah stuffed. And we get out coached anyways.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm seriously not going to be shocked if Diaco is canned after this season. After the Big 12 garbage I have a feeling that Benedict had to come away knowing football was the weight that held us down. Not sure missing a bowl game this season will sit ok with Benedict and he doesn't pull the plug and get his guy. This is unacceptable what we've seen all season. Nothing is improving. No need to give another year.

Ok, cool...do you have $5,000,000 laying around? No? Congrats! You're just like the Athletic Department!

He's here next year, get used to it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ok, cool...do you have $5,000,000 laying around? No? Congrats! You're just like the Athletic Department!

Look I get it. I know all the buyouts and all that but I just don't see how they keep him if we go 3-9 or even 4-8. Regressing in year three is inexcusable. All I said is that I wouldn't be shocked should he get canned. Someone might be willing to step up with the money if games continue like this.

Reaction Score
Yea. I've turned on him. He's a total nut that could have been fun to rally around but unfortunately his coaching strategy is equally insane. He's not getting canned this year but its time the ad puts some damn pressure on him. That stupid fg dance in the third qtr was all time stupid.

zls44

Reaction Score
Look I get it. I know all the buyouts and all that but I just don't see how they keep him if we go 3-9 or even 4-8.

BECAUSE
THEY
CANT
AFFORD
IT

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Based on the diminished crowd levels game after game, the AD may be able to make a financial argument to getting rid of him also...

Reaction Score
The admin will delay this decision. And 5 games in next year we will be going nuts. They will have no choice. What you have to look at is that he is deteriorating our defense. It's not better than when he got it. And the O is well marginally better.

zls44

Reaction Score
At this point, I'm not even mad about Diaco. I just think he truly is not an intelligent person.

Reaction Score
Nice call on the contract extension 2 seconds after arriving in Storrs

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Talent has been better than coaching. Diaco is a -6 for the team on game day.

Reaction Score
One way or the other Diaco is a dead man walking after today. Maybe he is back for another season but he isn't going beyond next year. He has demonstrated for about the 20th time that he is a lousy head coach. Really it has been obvious from the BYU game his first year. Scott Frost took over a program in absolute shambles and has figured out how to win games. He didn't talk about winning breakfast and having partners. He tried to win football games. Same with the guy at Syracuse.

Diaco is clueless and his frat brother approach to hiring assistants Doesn't help. He should be fired at the end of the season. Even if they need to keep him for another year unless he starts off 5-0 and he won't he will be gone.

He has been very subdued this week with no nonsense about the ConFLiCt. He was pretty low key on the coach's show Thursday. I suspect he knows his act has worn thin and he needs to produce.

zls44

Reaction Score
One way or the other Diaco is a dead man walking after today. Maybe he is back for another season but he isn't going beyond next year. He has demonstrated for about the 20th time that he is a lousy head coach. Really it has been obvious from the BYU game his first year. Scott Frost took over a program in absolute shambles and has figured out how to win games. He didn't talk about winning breakfast and having partners. He tried to win football games. Same with the guy at Syracuse.

Diaco is clueless and his frat brother approach to hiring assistants Doesn't help. He should be fired at the end of the season. Even if they need to keep him for another year unless he starts off 5-0 and he won't he will be gone.

He has been very subdued this week with no nonsense about the ConFLiCt. He was pretty low key on the coach's show Thursday. I suspect he knows his act has worn thin and he needs to produce.

This is that rare situation where scooter is pretty much dead on across the board.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Why should it be a given that he's here next season no matter what happens during what's left of this one? They made a huge mistake by giving this bozo an extension with an overall record of 8-19 based on what, one lucky win over a Houston team playing without its starting QB in cold weather? So we go to a marginal no name bowl and suddenly this guy is a genius and the second coming of Knute Rockne?

Our administration made a huge mistake. Let's not compound it by making an even bigger mistake by keeping this guy around for another disasterous season.

BTW, the buyout drops to 3.4 million at the stroke of midnight Jan 1, 2017. Jan 2 he should be outta here.

zls44

Reaction Score
The buyout for Diaco drops to $3.4 million. You're all forgetting the buyout for the assistants- unless you see anything from this crack staff you wanna keep.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
BECAUSE
THEY
CANT
AFFORD
IT

In view of the long term viability of the UConn football program, maybe we can't afford NOT to get rid of him. We're looking at the very serious possibility of averaging 10-15,000 crowds at our home games if this snowshow continues much longer.

The administration ought to get down on their knees and beg the largest donors to pony up for this guy's exit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Diaco is here next year. We don't have the $ to replace him and the staff was purposefully assembled to have no HC candidates in waiting.

While today's loss maybe on the coaching staff, its not helping that BS cannot use his mobility to extend passing plays like the freshman from Hawaii. Unbelievable that a freshman from Hawaii played the way he did today in CT on a cold rainy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom