Coaching Hot Seat 2021 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Coaching Hot Seat 2021

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
4 coaching changes in the SEC this year. McCray will be gone for sure next year, along with Curry. Yippeee. Its possible Blair and Pingeton might retire too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Florida just extended Newbauer on June 1.

"Stricklin on Tuesday also announced an extension for women’s basketball coach Cameron Newbauer, who is now contracted through the 2024-25 season at $500,000 per year."
Thanks Shan. :)

(see pg 19/post 470)

Reaction Score
Where on the Baylor board? I'm seeing one post and it says "mix/lead" for Briggs. Am I missing another post?
There are two (now 1), one was on their 247 board but is now gone. Sicem has another but no clue how reliable that poster is. Briggs just started following Nicki on instagram and twitter, that is the only social media movement I have seen.

Reaction Score
4 coaching changes in the SEC this year. McCray will be gone for sure next year, along with Curry. Yippeee. Its possible Blair and Pingeton might retire too.
The SEC needed a lot of change, the conference was becoming too weak overall IMO (NCAAT reflected that). McCray will not be gone after next season, although if she has a similar season as last year, her days may be numbered, Vic did not leave a rebuild. Blair won't be around much longer, he is up in age. Pingeton is still pretty young although they have had losing seasons the last two years and havent been the same since Cummingham left. Another losing season could expedite things...Not sure on Curry, she isnt ever going to win big at Alabama, I guess it depends on how content their AD is with that program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Alabama made the NCAAT this year for the first time in 22 years. Unless AL falls off a cliff next season , Curry ain’t going anywhere.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
The SEC needed a lot of change, the conference was becoming too weak overall IMO (NCAAT reflected that). McCray will not be gone after next season, although if she has a similar season as last year, her days may be numbered, Vic did not leave a rebuild. Blair won't be around much longer, he is up in age. Pingeton is still pretty young although they have had losing seasons the last two years and havent been the same since Cummingham left. Another losing season could expedite things...Not sure on Curry, she isnt ever going to win big at Alabama, I guess it depends on how content their AD is with that program.

They'll be 2-4 changes every year. We had 4 this year if these rumors are true. You can say it doesn't look like any of these guys are leaving but when the time comes, these i named are the most likely candidates. And I've said this before but our main guys in the know say that another abysmal year and McCray is likely gone. There's a lot of people watching women's basketball in Starkville. Not as many on those other campuses.

Reaction Score
The SEC needed a lot of change, the conference was becoming too weak overall IMO (NCAAT reflected that). McCray will not be gone after next season, although if she has a similar season as last year, her days may be numbered. Blair won't be around much longer. Pingeton is still pretty young although they have had losing seasons the last two years and havent been the same since Cummingham left. Another losing season could expedite things...
And TBF, Mizzou wasn't very good before Cunningham arrived (though the trend line was very marginally upward before Cunningham got to campus).

RP record at Mizzou without Sophie: 97-114 overall, 36-76 SEC (7 seasons*)
RP record at Mizzou with Sophie: 92-40 overall, 40-24 SEC (4 seasons)

A study, as they say, in contrasts.

*includes both the 19-20, 20-21 COVID affected seasons.

Reaction Score
Alabama made the NCAAT this year for the first time in 22 years. Unless AL falls off a cliff next season , Curry ain’t going anywhere.
wile e. coyote fall GIF by Looney Tunes

Reaction Score
Agreed. If it was the Mississippi State baseball program then the lease would be much shorter. However, unfortunately the fan base will simply start dropping versus a large contingent demanding a change.

Reaction Score
Alabama made the NCAAT this year for the first time in 22 years. Unless AL falls off a cliff next season
Not sure how you could fall off a cliff when you have only made the NCAAT once in over two decades :D

Reaction Score
And TBF, Mizzou wasn't very good before Cunningham arrived (though the trend line was very marginally upward before Cunningham got to campus).

RP record at Mizzou without Sophie: 97-114 overall, 36-76 SEC (7 seasons*)
RP record at Mizzou with Sophie: 92-40 overall, 40-24 SEC (4 seasons)

A study, as they say, in contrasts.

*includes both the 19-20, 20-21 COVID affected seasons.
Thats a good point. I do like Blackwell and Frank though, they have some talented kids but they literally do not attempt to play defense most the time. She may not be there much longer if there isnt significant improvement.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score

Well.... This is contingent on my prediction that Alabama is headed to the cellar...bottom of the SEC level. I truly think theyll finish 2-14; all 3 of their best players left.

Reaction Score
Well.... This is contingent on my prediction that Alabama is headed to the cellar...bottom of the SEC level. I truly think theyll finish 2-14; all 3 of their best players left.
Their roster does not scream "optimism," for sure.

Reaction Score
I meant if they went to the bottom of the SEC.
I was being sarcastic but their roster isnt promising. Between them, Auburn, Vandy, and Florida, it will be a battle of who will be the worst.

Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic but their roster isnt promising. Between them, Auburn, Vandy, and Florida, it will be a battle of who will be the worst.
Won’t be Vandy:oops: bite your tongue

Reaction Score
Vandy has had a ton of transfers in the last couple of years. Shea is starting with pretty much nothing.
Would be a shocker if Vandy isnt 11-14th place in year 1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Auburn had by far the worst team in the SEC last year and they just lost Thompson. Vandy was right there IMO but they quit the season early so not much to analyze but you factor in losing Koi, they don’t have much to work with.

Vandy struggling this year won’t be any indictment on Shea, she has a tall task ahead of her.

Reaction Score
Vandy had Hall and Newby leave, also.

They are young and (mostly) undersized, and their best remaining players can't seem to stay healthy.

Reaction Score
I think Auburn had by far the worst team in the SEC last year and they just lost Thompson. Vandy was right there IMO but they quit the season early so not much to analyze but you factor in losing Koi, they don’t have much to work with.

Vandy struggling this year won’t be any indictment on Shea, she has a tall task ahead of her.
  • Top 3 players who scored 2/3 of their points and each played 30+ mins are gone.
  • Of the 9 who played any minutes in 20-21, five return.
  • Of the 13 who played in 19-20, six return.
  • Combined, that's 4 players who averaged >20 mins in either of the last two years.
  • On the bright side, 3 of their 5 frosh were top 100 (ProspectsNation).
  • Just one upperclassmen taller than 6'1, but 3 of the frosh are 6'2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom