Coaches Road Show | The Boneyard

Coaches Road Show

Reaction Score
Really, that’s cool, didn’t know it would be that personal. Thought more like a panel with them taking questions from the crowd.

Reaction Score
Really, that’s cool, didn’t know it would be that personal. Thought more like a panel with them taking questions from the crowd.
It is but beforehand they walk around and mingle.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Get there early, I found myself standing next to Coach Mora at the bar. Totally coincidental. And I saw my partner chatting with another woman. I walked over and she said "I'd like to introduce you to Radenka. She's the president of UConn". Pretty low key.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“When you accomplish something like that, it’s so hard to do,” Hurley said. “UConn makes it look easy, especially the last 30 years in basketball in particular. But it’s not easy to do. Look at the greatest programs in the country and they haven’t had anywhere near our type of success in terms of these types of championships.

“You deserve to enjoy and celebrate it without losing focus on trying to win the next one. … When you win a national championship it changes your life and it changes your career and it changes your confidence in what you do. I’m not a normal person, so, for me, I’ve been on to next year.”

Alternate access:

Hurley draws a crowd, praise at UConn Coaches Road Show

Reaction Score
I was impressed with some quotes from Chris Dailey. She started off by saying " I'm not here as a substitute for Geno. You got the A-team tonight"

Got a chance to talk to Hurley and a cool picture with the championship trophy.

Reaction Score
Shot at Calipari? :)

"We don't have all these banners on the wall because of players that came in as the No. 1 player in the country and then left as the No. 1 pick, and you basically babysat them for six months," Hurley said. "We've been able to do it with players who, coming in, were not considered early-entry, or even NBA players at all. I think smart people recognize that you're improving, and that player development is a real thing."

Alternate access:

UConn men's basketball coach Dan Hurley will be in NBA Draft green room Thursday night, and it won't be his last visit

Reaction Score
Tell Kimani you‘re glad he’s still around!
If he's there, I will!

Just noticed tonight's road show is a totally different set up. No Mora, No Hurley, No Chris, but Geno and Penders will be there.

Reaction Score
Tell Kimani you‘re glad he’s still around!

I can't imagine there's more than a few assistants in the country better and more deserving of a HC role. I'm happy he's waiting for the right opportunity. Much better than jumping at the first marginal offer. He deserves a million+ in a program looking to dominate their conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom