Coaches Poll (Includes last nights result) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaches Poll (Includes last nights result)

Reaction Score
Agree NC State may be a tough out in the tournament but do not read too much into a win over UL. Review who UL has beaten. Not all that impressive. They may be somewhat overrated.

Man, UConn might be a tough out in the tournament, but do not read too much into a win over Tennessee. Who has TEnene
UCLA has lost two games and has had three close games against unranked teams, including one that went into overtime.

Washington State was ranked 25. UCLA’s 2 losses are to two Top 10 teams.

Reaction Score
Agree NC State may be a tough out in the tournament but do not read too much into a win over UL. Review who UL has beaten. Not all that impressive. They may be somewhat overrated.
You should schedule a game with us so we can end who is better!!!! HAHA

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Lets face it guys, the coaches don't like Uconn. So what's the big deal, its been that way the last 15 years. Like Geno has said, the Yankees, love them or hate them, the Celtics, love them or hate them, Uconn, love them or hate them. There is only one part of the population that we care about, and thats High School basketball players. They have been watching Uconn ever since thay have been able to pick up a ball. In High School they just want to do one thing, win, win, win. What do they see Uconn do? Win, win, win. As long as they can see that, we will never have a problem attracting top notch talent. Because what do we care about? Win, win, win.

Reaction Score
Polls are pretty useless this year due to the pandemic. For many teams their wins or losses are mostly to conference opponents. So if the conference was good last year pollsters assume it is this year even when most top players graduated. Saying "they only lost 2 games to top ranked teams is meaningless when those teams are in your conference if it is overrated. I've watched a ton of women's games this year and have been mostly unimpressed by PAC12 or ACC. Some good teams but no clear top team. SEC has gome really good teams and some real clunkers. Poor DePaul has 4 losses but 2 are to UConn. I really have seen little of interest from the Big10. So looking at the rankings 3 conferences dominate the rankings. Maybe true but also maybe not.

Reaction Score
I want to know what 5 coaches watched that Louisville/NC State game last night and thought Louisville was still the #1 team?

IMO, Louisville has never been the best team, but that win over DePaul and losses by everyone propelled them to that spot. I mean, they should've lost to VaTech and Wake Forest.

Reaction Score
Just go ahead and hang the banner and be done with it. No one will respect it, but it's not like that changes anything.
We get it you hate sc and Dawn for celebrating a great year where they were posed to make a very deep run if not win it all....do I like be banner no...but I appreciate a coach sticking up for the players. We don't have the history of uconn so when we can hang a banner we do...and last year sc did finish number 1 so it's fair for them to claim the title just as it's fair for alamaba to claim titles the just finished first in a poll in.

Or not recently UCF in football...they didn't win a title but the ncaa recognizes the as champs....do it's fair to say sc has a legit claim to the title

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We get it you hate sc and Dawn for celebrating a great year where they were posed to make a very deep run if not win it all....do I like be banner no...but I appreciate a coach sticking up for the players. We don't have the history of uconn so when we can hang a banner we do...and last year sc did finish number 1 so it's fair for them to claim the title just as it's fair for alamaba to claim titles the just finished first in a poll in.

Or not recently UCF in football...they didn't win a title but the ncaa recognizes the as champs....do it's fair to say sc has a legit claim to the title

Scwomanup GIF by gamecocksonline

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom