Coach Q Irked by Low Expectations - Syracuse | The Boneyard

Coach Q Irked by Low Expectations - Syracuse

Reaction Score
Tough....losing your star to breast cancer. Tough for her, tough for the team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
He's "insulted"? Good grief. As if they are "entitled" to be a preseason top 10 team. Wishing Tiana a speedy recovery, but Q has way to much "we are disrespected" for a coach who has accomplished so little. You don't hear Blair, Schaeffer, Walz, etc. running around constantly with comments like that.

Maybe it's just my general dislike of him that colors my opinion. :confused:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
He's "insulted"? Good grief. As if they are "entitled" to be a preseason top 10 team. Wishing Tiana a speedy recovery, but Q has way to much "we are disrespected" for a coach who has accomplished so little. You don't hear Blair, Schaeffer, Walz, etc. running around constantly with comments like that.

Maybe it's just my general dislike of him that colors my opinion. :confused:
It’s not just yours.... :rolleyes:

I also disagree vehemently on behalf of our West Coast colleagues (and most of us on here) that the ACC is definitely not the toughest conference, it is good, no doubt, but the PAC-12 is the best for this year and last year. Just sayin...:cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1570966999731.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm sure he's trying to use it as motivation for his players.
I'm sure he is too. But to use UCONN as an example, there are MANY articles, comments, reports, etc. that slight UCONN players, or the team as a whole (in the past). We as fans talk about how it's probably bulletin board material, but you almost NEVER hear Geno talk about how "disrespected" the team or program is.

If he has any comments he makes them behind closed doors to the players or team. I have heard him call out overly physical play, or poor reffing (to the extend he can make a comment), but never how he's "insulted" that his team isn't ranked higher. If anything, he'll say "we don't deserve it at this time. We need to go out and prove that we do".

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm sure he is too. But to use UCONN as an example, there are MANY articles, comments, reports, etc. that slight UCONN players, or the team as a whole (in the past). We as fans talk about how it's probably bulletin board material, but you almost NEVER hear Geno talk about how "disrespected" the team or program is.

If he has any comments he makes them behind closed doors to the players or team. I have heard him call out overly physical play, or poor reffing (to the extend he can make a comment), but never how he's "insulted" that his team isn't ranked higher. If anything, he'll say "we don't deserve it at this time. We need to go out and prove that we do".
Shame on you EricSD er EricLA trying to use logic and reasoning when discussing ANYTHING this guy does or says! As a reminder to those newer BY members that Q refused to play UConn during Stewie’s Senior year despite having a team that made the final four that year. He belongs in the ACC as it is slowly becoming the conference with the proverbial “chip on the shoulder” mentality ala MM and her annual bemoaning. I love the fact he has to play Louisville and ND twice this year! Given that, I highly doubt his team is really a top 10 squad. Can we get a follow up piece with him AFTER those games? :rolleyes:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I sometimes forget the bad blood you guys have with Syracuse, so it's understandable you feel that way.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Quention's mantra- poor me, poor Cuse. Ask him what Maya Moore did his team when he decided to play thug ball against.

Yup, we don't like the Cuse and Quentin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom