2022 Recruiting: - Clingan | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dropped a 35/22 game with 15 blocks vs Middletown. 12-4 D2 team. Highlights:

Right after putting up 34/29 8 blocks vs Windsor... #1 in the state.

Most recently had 18/12/4 with 8 blocks vs Maloney. Heck of a 10 day stretch for the kid.

BCHS is going to be a tough out come state playoffs.

Edit: His father wrote on twitter that Maloney kids were talking about Donovan's mom who passed away to try to get in his head. 1) It clearly didn't work--Donovan dominated that team like every other. BCHS was up 27-2 after the first QUARTER. 2) That's as low class as it gets. There should be some serious consequences for that from the coach and school if true.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
247Sports came out with their updated 2022 top 80 prospects today. No Clingan. Do any of the recruiting sites have him ranked? I wonder what he'll have to do this summer in AAU to get noticed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Most recently had 18/12/4 with 8 blocks vs Maloney. Heck of a 10 day stretch for the kid.

Edit: His father wrote on twitter that Maloney kids were talking about Donovan's mom who passed away to try to get in his head. 1) It clearly didn't work--Donovan dominated that team like every other. BCHS was up 27-2 after the first QUARTER. 2) That's as low class as it gets. There should be some serious consequences for that from the coach and school if true.

As a Middletown High Alum, Oof.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Did someone actually compare the two?

Kind of. Ironically he tried to defend himself in the thread:

HooperScooper said:
Hurley was talking about direct messaging or posting on a kid's account, not posts on the Boneyard. I very highly doubt Clingan is making decisions about his future based on posts on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Why is what bill said bad? He's active on social media. And some idiot on here did compare donovan to hernandez.

THIS gentleman is why you don't say stupid, offensive ish on here about kids. Especially with a local recruit.

Because of a comment like that, the coaches need to work just that much harder to try to get this kid to commit
You misread @nashusky109 post. He was saying it wasn't a good look for the poster who made a horrible attempt at a joke.

Reaction Score
As we all know, it’s not very hard to set-up an user account and troll rival fan boards. We see it all the time. Hopefully, these kids realize this, and the random idiot posts are not representative of overall fan base. Places like Twitter, things can ratchet up and be even more caustic, since there’s no real filters. It’s Wild West with social media that’s for sure.

Reaction Score

As a Maloney Alum I’m really hoping their players weren’t talking crap about his mother at all that’s embarrassing. As a friend of the recently retired coach I know that wouldn’t have been allowed I hope the new coach apologizes for his kids behavior if indeed this is true. And suspend the little s too if true. No place for that crap.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think he should transfer to a high school with higher level of competition. Nothing against the kids he plays against but it is what it is. Two years at a school like Brewster or PSA and he would be a lot better prepared for playing for UConn.

Reaction Score
I think he should transfer to a high school with higher level of competition. Nothing against the kids he plays against but it is what it is. Two years at a school like Brewster or PSA and he would be a lot better prepared for playing for UConn.
Him and dad said candidly that they want him to stay at BC and be the best player in school history and chase a state title. If he is good enough which he is schools will find out about his talent. Everyone north of DC has offered him a full ride and he has 2+ yrs left of HS to boot. What he needs to do is drop his AAU team and be the small fish in the big pond so to speak. He needs to play with and against elite talent on the AAU circuit. That is where all the recruiting battles are won and lost.

Reaction Score
Seriously the vast majority of posts about this kid have been very positive. When a dad wants to cling to one post and say "that fanbase", that's pretty odd. My crystal ball now says Cuse.
Players and parents shouldn't visit this place.

Reaction Score
Oh boy. If anyone knows Bill Clingan please explain my stupidity and misunderstanding of the original post. I'd be happy to talk to him myself if anyone knows him. I explained myself and apologized in that other thread. It was stupid but I did not mean to say Donovan was a bad kid or could be a murderer. That was not my intent.

I hope the family doesn't take 2 stupid posts on a fan message board as a representation of an entire fan base.

Reaction Score
Oh boy. If anyone knows Bill Clingan please explain my stupidity and misunderstanding of the original post. I'd be happy to talk to him myself if anyone knows him. I explained myself and apologized in that other thread. It was stupid but I did not mean to say Donovan was a bad kid or could be a murderer. That was not my intent.

I hope the family doesn't take 2 stupid posts on a fan message board as a representation of an entire fan base.
Sorry for alluding to you as an idiot. I forgot who posted the bad joke but I remembered it. It was just a bad attempt at a joke and you obviously didn't have any malice towards him or anyone else. People tend to overreact to things on social media.

Reaction Score
Sorry for alluding to you as an idiot. I forgot who posted the bad joke but I remembered it. It was just a bad attempt at a joke and you obviously didn't have any malice towards him or anyone else. People tend to overreact to things on social media.
I didn't post the "original post". I responded to it in a joking manner because I thought the "original post" was in jest. When I went back and read it again I understood why if his post was serious then my post was really bad. I'm still hoping the "original post" was just a bad attempt at humor because if he was serious then it was really stupid.

Sometimes things aren't what they seem on a message board. I know I was not saying Donovan is a bad kid. That was not my intent at all. Live and learn.

BCF

Reaction Score
I think the only smart thing to do in the future is when making an out of line joke or talking negative abt any recruit is create a handle on the syracuse forum. Post it there and then post the link here so everyone on here can just say can you believe these syracuse idiots.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The fact that he cherry picked that one post to make himself upset is his own fault.

In every thread you have countless people saying he's an amazing prospect and attacking anyone who suggests he hasn't actually accomplished anything. We've had multiple posters point out that we should be aware of his personal troubles, this is more considerate than anything I've seen following recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom