Clingan Game Time Decision | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clingan Game Time Decision

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One of the things Hurley talked about shortly after he went out was that he needed to lose weight. That may have been a point of emphasis.

Reaction Score
Yes, stupid people on juries are to blame too, but they aren't the ones putting up billboards every 2 miles or running commercials every break telling people they "deserve" compensation for everything.
Better call Saul

Reaction Score
Great idea why not take a chance to destroy a guys potential NBA career after all he owes that to us fans and the school and the state and the country. Who cares about an individual student athlete!
By that logic he shouldn’t play again this year to protect his future. The re-injury risk is gonna be there regardless if he comes back now or in another month.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tuned into Fox and am watching a fish oil infomercial. Preempted by a fish oil infomercial? Clearly an ESPN plot!!

Reaction Score

Absolutely zero surprise here, and I'd be further surprised if it was based on anything they saw in warmups. This was always the plan.

"Getting close to game time decision territory" or whatever is coach speak for "keeping opponents on their toes."

Reaction Score
Wow, that's a pretty broad accusation against an entire profession. Yeah, some are clowns like all people in life, but most are competent skilled professionals who while not perfect, know way more than you on the subject.

And the reason there is a multi-billion dollar malpractice industry is way more because of lawyers than doctors.
I shouldn’t have been so flippant. Though, the number of misjudgments and mistakes doctors routinely make is astounding. They are fallible human beings like all people and carry the same life distractions, burdens and weaknesses as your local plumber. I’m not a malpractice lawyer but the number of cases I’ve encounter due to sheer stupidity, laziness, neglect and dishonesty would floor most.

Reaction Score
By that logic he shouldn’t play again this year to protect his future. The re-injury risk is gonna be there regardless if he comes back now or in another month.
Not what I was driving at. He needs to go with the medical people’s and coaches opinion. What I do not want is to rush him in. If the medical people and coaches see it as safe for him and he is confident then come back be it next game ok.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
In the post game presser Hurley said Clingan has dropped weight and made it sound like a Creighton appearance is a low probability.

Reaction Score
also, he's gonna be coming off the bench when he gets back. expected i suppose

"He has the experience from last year coming off the bench," Hurley said. "We'll do that initially with him and kind of play him like we did last year -- short spurts until he's potentially ready to do starter minutes."

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
also, he's gonna be coming off the bench when he gets back. expected i suppose

"He has the experience from last year coming off the bench," Hurley said. "We'll do that initially with him and kind of play him like we did last year -- short spurts until he's potentially ready to do starter minutes."
Probably like Castle coming back from injury, starting on the bench with minute restriction and then becoming a starter after some games.

Reaction Score
Want Clingan to play on Wednesday!!!! …but if he doesn’t play on Tuesday then why bother having him play on Saturday, seeing that the next game after that is the 28th which would give him a lot more time to heal. Let’s see what the doctors say. If he’s good he’s good. Really want him out there helping to defend the new #1 ranking. Team has been putting up Ws with his absence. Was afraid we take a loss or two with DC out but we’ve been weathering the storm.

Reaction Score
Was there a more pessimistic quote? This makes it seems like Wednesday is a possibility.

honestly, i'd rather we have the team sans clingan play through the difficult creighton and nova games. bring him back for xavier after the week off.

Reaction Score
Clingan should not come off the bench. Even if he plays significantly reduced minutes, he should start. We need his defense and isolation scoring more against opposing starters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom