Clingan and Karaban | The Boneyard

Clingan and Karaban

caw

Reaction Score
When is the last time we had 2 freshman this prepared to contribute? That's two P5 starting caliber players.

2011? Though probably more necessity than actually being prepared at the beginning of the year and they mostly had ups and downs throughout that year. I want to say we started three freshmen and had Lamb off the bench to start the year.

Reaction Score
The really special thing about them both is they are unbelievably efficient. Neither hardly makes any bad plays. And they each have superlative skills. Karaban its his passing/composure/shooting and Donovan --- well you know--- he's a big bad man with amazing feel and skill

Reaction Score
This has quickly become one of my favorite teams, largely due to those two. Neither one looks intimidated or nervous whatsoever. If someone told you last year we wouldn’t lose anything when Sanogo goes to the bench, and some nights like tonight be even better, you would have laughed at them. It’s actually the case and we’re so blessed.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One thing that’s interesting about this staff, is they don’t recruit every local kid under the sun. It seems they did a great job finding the kids who will contribute.

Makes me interested to follow the careers of guys like Claude and Jackson from CT.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
EO/AG: 20.5 pts, 11.7 reb, 3.9 ast combined in frosh year.
DK/AK: 19.1 pts, 9.8 reb, 2.7 ast

It's still early, but they're in range of Mek & Ben.
I bet they surpass them in per 40 min. Or whatever that metric is.

Reaction Score
One thing that’s interesting about this staff, is they don’t recruit every local kid under the sun. It seems they did a great job finding the kids who will contribute.

Makes me interested to follow the careers of guys like Claude and Jackson from CT.
Who is Jackson from CT.?

Reaction Score
Cam Whitmore is going to have to be superman to be freshman of the year in the Big East. Donovan Clingan is going to need to build more shelves to hold trophies and accolades coming his way

Reaction Score
Donovan’s next adjustment will come when he becomes the target for the other team’s defensive plan. Right now, Adama gets a lot of that attention. Donovan’s been taking some people by surprise, but you think that has to end with his performance in Portland.

Reaction Score
Donovan’s next adjustment will come when he becomes the target for the other team’s defensive plan. Right now, Adama gets a lot of that attention. Donovan’s been taking some people by surprise, but you think that has to end with his performance in Portland.
I agree that eventually teams will start to seriously game plan for Donovan but how lucky are we that these teams have to deal with not one but TWO very skilled big men

Reaction Score
I agree that eventually teams will start to seriously game plan for Donovan but how lucky are we that these teams have to deal with not one but TWO very skilled big men
It’s been said by opposing coaches in the postgame interviews, but this is it right here. Teams prepare for days to keep Adama sanogo from going off, and honestly we’ve now seen a few teams with specific roster makeup succeed at that. However, not only have we weathered that with our amazing passing and good enough shooting, but when Sanogo sits down the other teams coach and big men go “nice! Finally!” And then out comes DC ready to dominate the game. How the heck can you prepare for this? To try to limit 2 guys who are so different and so difficult to keep at bay?

It’s scary to think about how good we can be once samson is back, if Hawkins really becomes unstoppable, if Jackson’s offense starts to shine, when Karaban and Clingan get a little better by end of year? Yeesh, we can be DOMINANT

Reaction Score

Absolutely. It must be kind of demoralizing to the other team to put so much effort into carrying out their defensive scheme against Adama, only to have Donovan pop off the bench, fresh as can be and ready to battle.

I guess this staff does play freshmen when they’re ready and able to contribute and make the team better.

Reaction Score
@NJHoops I really don't see what opponents can do with Clingan to make him less effective, because we aren't running offense through him to distribute or to post up. He is getting rebounds and putbacks, as well as feeds when their defense is already broken down and his defender needs to help. Maybe trying to entice him into foul trouble? (Not playing freshman enough mantra applies to me with Floyd, Diggins, Johnson. I'll eat crow on that complaint and enjoy the feathers)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom