2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi Top 5 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have been on the outside looking in since Javonte signed.

i will heed zion's words but you still crack me up with this shtick, making it seem like carlton and brown are akin to having shaq and duncan on the roster

Last edited:
Reaction Score
there should be a forum wide exception to this rule just for 2020. desperate times call for desperate measures

I don't think there's any problem saying who or how many we're recruiting. That implicitly brings with it an assumption that an equal number are leaving without anyone having to say it. But don't talk about or allude to who may leave to create the room.

It's not that hard.

Reaction Score
There's been some talk of a possibly reclassify in 2021. But it's a long shot.

Let's also remember that things can open up quickly in the spring with coaching changes. As much as it sucks, we have to be patient.

fair to say all avenues being explored? grad transfers, sit-out transfers, decommits, reclassification, and high school seniors (i believe you mentioned 2 top 100 recruits)?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i will heed zion's words but you still crack me up with this shtick, making it seem like carlton and brown are akin to having shaq and duncan on the roster
Lol at least he’s off the scared by Carlton tirade

C

Chief00

m
I don't think there's any problem saying who or how many we're recruiting. That implicitly brings with it an assumption that an equal number are leaving without anyone having to say it. But don't talk about or allude to who may leave to create the room.

It's not that hard.

Usually, we can talk about recruiting without the zero sum game of a player explicitly having to leave. But, it’s a new era and during the portal period in spring it will probably often be like that going forward.

Reaction Score
I’m not off that I’ve just largely given up on explaining my point. I’m also not off Whaley being the first big off the bench next year.
I don’t think there is an argument that can be made that a kid who his coached called unplayable the other day would deter a top 40 player from going to a college. That defies logic.

Reaction Score
On a less sensitive note, Andre Jackson dropped three spots to #80, Hassan Diarra rose eight spots to #66 and Kadary Richmond rose six spots to #91. Sure would have liked Diarra on our side. Richmond too.

Reaction Score
On a less sensitive note, Andre Jackson dropped three spots to #80, Hassan Diarra rose eight spots to #66 and Kadary Richmond rose six spots to #91. Sure would have liked Diarra on our side. Richmond too.

in the 247 composite diarra is 69, jackson is 74, and richmond is 101

Reaction Score
I pray we land a 5 who can make an immediate impact, but if it isn't to be, I think a Cole/Bouk/Sid/Springs/Akok line-up could do some serious damage.
It’s a mistake to overlook Jackson when talking about next year’s lineup. Likely the best player on the team. Actually could play some point if needed. Still need a legit big. Springs not yet ready for primer time. If can’t land Cliff it looks like 5 by committee. This also includes Josh. Where’s he going?

Reaction Score
It’s a mistake to overlook Jackson when talking about next year’s lineup. Likely the best player on the team. Actually could play some point if needed. Still need a legit big. Springs not yet ready for primer time. If can’t land Cliff it looks like 5 by committee. This also includes Josh. Where’s he going?

Wo wo wo relax a litte here. Best player, PG heck maybe the 5 too no? LOL let him come in and let DH figure this out. Yikes.

Reaction Score

I do think people are overlooking Jackson but not sure he’ll be the best player on the team. He might fit Hurley’s system better than anyone else though. Still I can’t see him not starting. Cole, Bouk, and Akok are my locks to start. I think Jackson is likely to start.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wo wo wo relax a litte here. Best player, PG heck maybe the 5 too no? LOL let him come in and let DH figure this out. Yikes.

He's clearly going to add what Bugs Bunny does to a baseball team. :rolleyes:

I like Jackson, but good grief people (not aimed at you @mauconnfan). Florida is freshman loaded, just blew a game to Miss State and is 12-7. UNC freshman loaded and they stink. Memphis is freshman loaded and if you think out OT loss to Tulsa was bad? They lost 80-40. And they all feature freshmen better than Jackson.

Jackson wont' be our best player. I doubt Hurley even wants to start him if he can avoid it.

Reaction Score
Think more people will come around to this soon too. Sanogo is the guy!

I saw Cliff in Springfield and I saw Sanogo and liked Sanogo in almost every way possible I could like a basketball player over another - and that's not really a knock on Cliff; because he pro ceiling might be higher... it's more that Sanogo is *absolutely everything* this team doesn't have right now. He's filled out, incredibly strong, deceptively quick- REALLY finishes well at the rim, can go to his left hand... and he was the best rebounder I saw all weekend. I think on day-1 he changes the whole team.

I know I get on Carlton a lot for being a guy who gums the offense up - not because he's lazy or whatever - it's because his game doesn't fit w/ the system. Sanogo is the exact opposite. He sets screens, he's not really explosive to the hoop - but he's got an incredible poise and sense of timing, he's physical, nasty and has great hands. Put him down low with Akok and Javonte Brown Ferguson's length and that's a lot to deal with.

He's not Kofi Cockburn, but he might be as strong as Kofi although not as skilled all-around. But if I'm Hurley, my dream this Spring is getting him in on a reclass ASAP and going and getting a grad transfer who can shoot. Cat's not out of the bag on this guy quite yet and I think once some others see him, they're going to be all over him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw Cliff in Springfield and I saw Sanogo and liked Sanogo in almost every way possible I could like a basketball player over another - and that's not really a knock on Cliff; because he pro ceiling might be higher... it's more that Sanogo is *absolutely everything* this team doesn't have right now. He's filled out, incredibly strong, deceptively quick- REALLY finishes well at the rim, can go to his left hand... and he was the best rebounder I saw all weekend. I think on day-1 he changes the whole team.

I know I get on Carlton a lot for being a guy who gums the offense up - not because he's lazy or whatever - it's because his game doesn't fit w/ the system. Sanogo is the exact opposite. He sets screens, he's explosive to the hoop, he's physical, nasty and has great hands. Put him down low with Akok and Javonte Brown Ferguson's length and that's a lot to deal with.

He's not Kofi Cockburn, but he might be as strong as Kofi although not as skilled all-around. But if I'm Hurley, my dream this Spring is getting him in on a reclass ASAP and going and getting a grad transfer who can shoot. Cat's not out of the bag on this guy quite yet and I think once some others see him, they're going to be all over him.
Agree with everything you said. We're on the same page. I feel stronger about beating out Seton Hall right now because Seton Hall's front court will be deeper next year. We can pitch him immediate (unlimited) playing time and a starting role. Really hope we make a huge impression before every big time school hops into his recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom