Circling the Dog Sleds: UConn vs Houston 11/21 For BOWL ELIGIBILITY | The Boneyard

Circling the Dog Sleds: UConn vs Houston 11/21 For BOWL ELIGIBILITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We have two weeks. TWO. Two weeks to see as many tickets as possible to give our guys the best home field advantage that many of our players have EVER experienced. Yes, it will be cold. Yes, Houston is the better team on paper. Yes, we do not have any rivalry or history whatsoever against Houston that would stir up those natural feelings of venom.

One more win. That is all we need to secure our bowl eligibility. Houston is the better team, but how often do we see a southern team come up north and struggle in our elements? Dress warmly - wear layers. Tell everyone in your group to wear layers. Bring extra hand and feet warmers for those stubborn few in your group that refuse to dress properly.

IT IS TIME TO CIRCLE THE DOG SLEDS, #UConnNation. Will a full, loud crowd guarantee a win over the best team we will have played all year? Of course not. But it certainly wouldn't hurt. It also wouldn't guarantee OR HURT our power conference profile!

This is the biggest game in the past 5 years. We have only had a handful of ranked teams come to the Rent. On November 21st, there will be another one coming. And this time, we have so much riding on it.

http://football.adimeback.com/on-brink-of-bowl-eligibility-huskies-need-fan-support/

We have two weeks. If you don't have tickets, use promo code FRONTIER to grab up some for $15. FIFTEEN DOLLARS. That is a small price to pay for the biggest game in 5 years.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...linkID=uconn&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Let's welcome Houston to New England Novembers and UConn Country with a little of this...

I'm so fired up that 2 weeks will seem like an eternity! Go Huskies!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's funny to think that this is the biggest game in 5 years, but you may just be right. Getting a win over this 16th ranked and undefeated Houston team while qualifying for a bowl game would be bigger than the Michigan game that we should have won. It would be bigger than the 3-point overtime win against #19 Louisville in their stadium in 2012. This one would be huge, not just by the numbers and access to the bowl, but by the complete transformation that it could have for our program. It would finally have signaled our return. It would ring the bell for all in CT to hear.

Let's go punch someone in #$king mouth now... :cool:

Reaction Score
Thanksgiving Recess begins on the 20th - no? This is the weekend they need to pull out all the stops and figure out a way to encourage, incentivize, cajole, bribe the students into making the game before bailing for home.

Reaction Score
My hope, Houston knocks off Memphis this week, and then come up to play in the cold while looking ahead to Navy for the West Division title. A man can hope can't he. That would be an ideal position.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We have two weeks. TWO. Two weeks to see as many tickets as possible to give our guys the best home field advantage that many of our players have EVER experienced. Yes, it will be cold. Yes, Houston is the better team on paper. Yes, we do not have any rivalry or history whatsoever against Houston that would stir up those natural feelings of venom.

One more win. That is all we need to secure our bowl eligibility. Houston is the better team, but how often do we see a southern team come up north and struggle in our elements? Dress warmly - wear layers. Tell everyone in your group to wear layers. Bring extra hand and feet warmers for those stubborn few in your group that refuse to dress properly.

IT IS TIME TO CIRCLE THE DOG SLEDS, #UConnNation. Will a full, loud crowd guarantee a win over the best team we will have played all year? Of course not. But it certainly wouldn't hurt. It also wouldn't guarantee OR HURT our power conference profile!

This is the biggest game in the past 5 years. We have only had a handful of ranked teams come to the Rent. On November 21st, there will be another one coming. And this time, we have so much riding on it.

http://football.adimeback.com/on-brink-of-bowl-eligibility-huskies-need-fan-support/

We have two weeks. If you don't have tickets, use promo code FRONTIER to grab up some for $15. FIFTEEN DOLLARS. That is a small price to pay for the biggest game in 5 years.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...linkID=uconn&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Let's welcome Houston to New England Novembers and UConn Country with a little of this...

I'm so fired up that 2 weeks will seem like an eternity! Go Huskies!

Love the OP but no need to say "Houston is the better team" once, let alone twice.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Count me in....
However I'll be wearing red and white.

Welcome to Connecticut! I hope that you have a great stay up here...except for the 3+ hours that our teams take the field. :D

Dooley

Reaction Score
It's funny to think that this is the biggest game in 5 years, but you may just be right. Getting a win over this 16th ranked and undefeated Houston team while qualifying for a bowl game would be bigger than the Michigan game that we should have won. It would be bigger than the 3-point overtime win against #19 Louisville in their stadium in 2012. This one would be huge, not just by the numbers and access to the bowl, but by the complete transformation that it could have for our program. It would finally have signaled our return. It would ring the bell for all in CT to hear.

Yup. Ranked opponent, bowl game eligibility, HUGE block in rebuilding our program's foundation, outstanding momentum going into 2016, and great for recruiting. It will be exciting to see and hear the Rent again with so much on the line. There is no question that Houston is the best team to come into our stadium in years and they'll be playing for something too. Let's hope that the combination of weather and crowd noise will give our guys an edge!

U-C-O-N-N!!!!!!

Reaction Score
"BAND" promo code still works. For now, only section 217-219
"PW2015" doesn't work.
Lot more sections for the "FRONTIER" promo code.

Dooley

Reaction Score
"BAND" promo code still works. For now, only section 217-219
"PW2015" doesn't work.
Lot more sections for the "FRONTIER" promo code.

Thanks - I just picked FRONTIER since it offered more sections/choice to those buying tickets. BAND also works too.

Reaction Score

Amen Dan! A-Freaking-Men!

Reaction Score
@Dooley I see you posting about promo codes for tickets. Can you start a thread for all fans able to attend the game with promo codes to entice them. And we can spread on Twitter/Facebook/other social media as well? Any legal ramifications that need to be taken into consideration before attempting such a thing? Any way to make fans/potential fans aware of deals and access to tickets would be a plus.

Dooley

Reaction Score
@Dooley I see you posting about promo codes for tickets. Can you start a thread for all fans able to attend the game with promo codes to entice them. And we can spread on Twitter/Facebook/other social media as well? Any legal ramifications that need to be taken into consideration before attempting such a thing? Any way to make fans/potential fans aware of deals and access to tickets would be a plus.

I'll find the other threads with promo codes and bump them. I doubt there are any legal worries to be concerned about: these are UConn offered promos to sell tickets, after all. But to summarize, the two codes that I am aware of are:

FRONTIER
BAND

Reaction Score
tulane%20win.jpg

Reaction Score
I've been to 4 out of the 5 Home games so far this year. I bought my 3 tickets to the Houston game after the 2-0 start in September and I'm trying to get more of our friends within the next week to join us. I'll be as optimistic as I can hoping for 40K at PAWS ARF for 11/21. I'm spreading the word all around my neighborhood for people to go to the game (Most haven't been to a game since the '09-'10 season).

#FillTheRent

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that video. Was in that section during that game and it was incredible! Never seen the TV clip of it. Hope the Rent can be rocking like that again soon.

Reaction Score
Ummm obviously a lot can change between now and then but early forecast from accuweather.com says high of 62 and bright sunshine on the 21st

Reaction Score
Welcome to Connecticut! I hope that you have a great stay up here...except for the 3+ hours that our teams take the field. :D
I'm bringing some local H-town brews to share with the UConn faithful while tailgating. Going to be good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom