Christyn | The Boneyard

Christyn

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
When Christyn first committed/arrived she made some statements about the being on the Wall, being "a legend" winning multiple championships, etc. A little cringe-worthy to me. I thought, "she has no idea how hard this is going to be, but if she can really do all that, great!"

Well, Christyn has had her ups and downs, and none of those over-the-top dreams have come to pass (yet). All that aside, her development has still been great to watch. She is a UConn senior - effective, accountable and great role model/leader. She is assertive but soft-spoken and kind, patient and thoughtful with her teammates and in her public speaking (pressers). She sits up on the dais and sees the press fawning over Azzi and Paige ("...Christyn, can you tell us how wonderful is it to have Paige Bueckers as a teammate?") but never reveals a hint of jealousy or annoyance. ..."we have Paige and they don't."

She seems good with who she is and the role she's grown into, and she ought to be. Christyn is playing at a high level on both ends of the floor and the team relies on her consistent play. We are lucky, lucky fans to have young women like her on our squad. I hope she can win this Championship and get up on that wall but if that doesn't happen, she'll still be a winner in my book. I look forward to following her career as far as she is able to take it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When Christyn first committed/arrived she made some statements about the being on the Wall, being "a legend" winning multiple championships, etc. A little cringe-worthy to me. I thought, "she has no idea how hard this is going to be, but if she can really do all that, great!"

Well, Christyn has had her ups and downs, and none of those over-the-top dreams have come to pass (yet). All that aside, her development has still been great to watch. She is a UConn senior - effective, accountable and great role model/leader. She is assertive but soft-spoken and kind, patient and thoughtful with her teammates and in her public speaking (pressers). She sits up on the dais and sees the press fawning over Azzi and Paige ("...Christyn, can you tell us how wonderful is it to have Paige Bueckers as a teammate?") but never reveals a hint of jealousy or annoyance. ..."we have Paige and they don't."

She seems good with who she is and the role she's grown into, and she ought to be. Christyn is playing at a high level on both ends of the floor and the team relies on her consistent play. We are lucky, lucky fans to have young women like her on our squad. I hope she can win this Championship and get up on that wall but if that doesn't happen, she'll still be a winner in my book. I look forward to following her career as far as she is able to take it.
Well said psconn. I join you in your observations and sentiments toward Christyn.

Reaction Score
If she wants to see her number hanging from the rafters then she needs to be an All-American. Unless I'm wrong that has not happened yet. Does she deserve to be there? That honor is earned. I think that if Megan stayed then we might have won last year. Then again then maybe Paige would not have shined as she did. I was hoping that CW would have been a consistent 20.0 ppg scorer this season. A lot of great players this year in WBB. Is she one of them?

Reaction Score
If CW gets tto be an all American, it is all about marketing. Geno said in an interview last night that she deserves that recognition.

Reaction Score
Someone did ask Geno about it in the post-game media scrum last night. The question was should she make the ten-person team that has yet to be announced.

She's probably been our best player over the course of the entire season, and certainly has been during the Big East tourney and NCAA's so far. Can a team really make the Final Four without a first team All American of that year on its roster?

Fingers crossed!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If CW gets tto be an all American, it is all about marketing. Geno said in an interview last night that she deserves that recognition.
The AA teams are based on the regular season play before the NCAA tourny. Geno's support is great but it can't have any effect on CW becoming an AA this year. The voting is done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom