Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC

Reaction Score
Pure bunk. Tennessee was really not a factor. As we know, there are plenty here and elsewhere who predicted she would pick Texas.

Tennessee became a non factor the second Jolette Law went to South Carolina. That is why I think South Carolina is where she ends up. For South Carolina to be a finalist after they were once eliminated is the writing on the wall for me.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She's special.

I agree. I tend to dislike most things that wear green and yellow (my parents went to Oregon St. so I can't help it), but she's worth watching regardless of what uniform she's wearing.

Reaction Score
If either or both had eliminated UConn we would have seen the usual polite "had a great time" twitter post by now.

IMO no news is good news.

Reaction Score
Are you seriously trying to figure out an 18 old? Who is about to make the biggest decision of her like to this point? Who has MOST top 25 programs in the country wooing her?, and all of them promising her the sun, moon and the stars. With the constant wooing and begging, after awhile, it all starts to run together, and becomes a blur. I was very impressed with Ionescu last year. She's special. She's going to break some records before she moves on to the next level.

as far as I know, the only thing that Geno promises to recruits is that he's going to work their butts off .............that and a few home cooked Italian meals..............

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Well. I’m surprised.

According to our Texas friend, SC had no chance and only received a visit because of DeCosta and as a courtesy to Law.

I’m glad Christyn wasn’t listening to him.
I will eat crow. SC has obviously made up a lot of ground to be in Christyn's top two when they weren't even in her top 5 six weeks ago.

While I wanted her to choose Texas, we also were a late re-addition this summer, which is why I had maintained that UConn and Tennessee were most likely her favorites as they were constants.

Reaction Score
I will eat crow. SC has obviously made up a lot of ground to be in Christyn's top two when they weren't even in her top 5 six weeks ago.

While I wanted her to choose Texas, we also were a late re-addition this summer, which is why I had maintained that UConn and Tennessee were most likely her favorites as they were constants.

Lots of UConn fans need to eat crow too. Too many said she was going to the horns. Just like walker

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks to Paul Doyle we now have at least a bit of info on Williams and Nelson-Ododa, the latter of whom he says is going to announce her school choice during the early signing period too.
Top Recruit Christyn Williams Choosing Between UConn And South Carolina
And thanks to you for being the first to state that UCONN needed to get in on the ONO recruiting.
Looks like UCONN was there all along.
"So Nelson-Ododa, who has been a top UConn target throughout high school, could fill the need for a post player."

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm surprised UConn is in it at this stage. Best of luck to the Huskies. Let's hope this young woman sees the advantages of becoming a Husky.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Any recent word from Ododa?
she hasn't made official visits to Duke or Georgia as far as I know....not sure if or when that's happening..
Yeah, THAT's who I'd like to hear something from!! :rolleyes:
It would not surprise me if ONO's recruiting drags on until April. She is coming off injury and skipped her HS volleyball season, Additionally one of her final schools is Stanford which requires a cross country trip for an official visit.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
as far as I know, the only thing that Geno promises to recruits is that he's going to work their butts off ...that and a few home cooked Italian meals....

Believe me, Geno WAS NOT included that "most coaches" narrative. We all know he does not make deals or promises. :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And thanks to you for being the first to state that UCONN needed to get in on the ONO recruiting.
Looks like UCONN was there all along.
"So Nelson-Ododa, who has been a top UConn target throughout high school, could fill the need for a post player."

It would not surprise me if ONO's recruiting drags on until April.

Thanks for the kind words. As I mentioned, Doyle says via her high school coach that ONO is going to decide in November.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So here we are with another A'ja Wilson scenario. A'ja (and Collier for that matter), rightfully, chose to be close to her family. That seemingly won't be the issue for ONO. Hopefully she'll realize that committing to UConn would mean significant minutes in her freshman year, playing against some of the best players in the country in practice, and playing for the best coach in WCBB history. All while playing for the "Broadway" of WCBB. That should be enough for anyone. Would be for me.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks to Paul Doyle we now have at least a bit of info on Williams and Nelson-Ododa, the latter of whom he says is going to announce her school choice during the early signing period too.

Top Recruit Christyn Williams Choosing Between UConn And South Carolina

Unless I missed something, UConn really needs to sign these two "elite" (top 5) players. It never hurts to have two elite guards. If they don't get ONO, and AZ leaves after this coming season for the W, that will leave UConn with no height. They would be worse off than last year because they will not have Butler or Williams, and that's for real. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Unless I missed something, UConn really needs to sign these two "elite" (top 5) players. It never hurts to have two elite guards. If they don't get ONO, and AZ leaves after this coming season for the W, that will leave UConn with no height. They would be worst off than last year because they will not have Butler or Williams, and that's for real. :eek:
There's always the Thunder From Down Under. I'd push for both of them. Hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom