Christyn Williams ready to start in first season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams ready to start in first season

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Geno has already announced the starting 5. I had to keep checking the dates on this thread to see when people were posting the "I think ___ starts". Geno announced it several days, maybe even a week, ago...

Crystal, Christyn, Lou, Megan, Pheesa

The interesting subtext after that will be in games where opponents are over-matched (or even against decent teams where the lead is "only" 10-15 in the 1st half), who does he bring off the bench for decent minutes in the 1st 3 quarters? I'm hoping at the very least ONO, Batouly and Michala are all "trusted" enough by coach to get solid PT...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow, since I contributed my little bit of effluvia to this thread it has gotten more than a little engaged! We are ready! Here's how I want my team to come out this year:

Reaction Score
Christyn "replaces" Kia at the 2, and Nurse was a smiling assassin. Christyn has the smile down, now we'll see about the assassin. Also, Kia became an above average scorer from 3 in her senior year: how's Squeaky's long ball? Both girls have wonderful personalities. Lastly, Kia was a talisman--when she started, we almost never lost. May Christyn be our latest good-luck player.

Reaction Score
I had yet to examine the UCONN WBB roster, and, one thing I noticed is MW and CW have some bulk. I already know how strong Dangerfield is, even at 5'5" tall. From the photo on the UCONN website, I can see that nobody is going to push over MW or CW. I'm looking forward to seeing both of these ladies in the 1st nationally televised UCONN game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just one thing more needs to be suggested , politely, to our demure young ladies before the season begins.

Reaction Score
I agree that Christyn hopefully will be that player who can make their own shot especially shooting off the bounce. Although we have lacked that type of player in the past, our ball movement and ability to find the open player so effectively has ultimately made up for it, but it would still be nice to have that in Geno’s toolbox. Lou and Nurse were always very effective spot up shooters, and when you have 5 players on the floor who are above average at finding the open player, they are able to show their ability.

Carter, Durr, and Ogunbowale certainly come to mind as players with that ability. It is part of what make the so effective scoring the ball.
That's what we were missing last year an aggressive guard that took it the basket when we needed point towards the end of the game. I think we have three tough guard this year.

Reaction Score
I'm not much of an X's & O's guy, so I'll defer to all the experts, but boy, what a delightful personality Christyn has.

Reaction Score
I had yet to examine the UCONN WBB roster, and, one thing I noticed is MW and CW have some bulk. I already know how strong Dangerfield is, even at 5'5" tall. From the photo on the UCONN website, I can see that nobody is going to push over MW or CW. I'm looking forward to seeing both of these ladies in the 1st nationally televised UCONN game.

No backing down likely from these players. I'll take sturdy and strong all day long.

Reaction Score
What upperclassmen? All of our seniors are starters, and of the four juniors, one starts, one has knee issues, and the other two were never going to start other than on senior day.

On any basketball team, there are no seniors, jr's, frosh--they are a team! Upperclassmen, if they have earned it by play, lead. I agree with what upperclassmen?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom