Chief Briefs - Villanova Edition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief Briefs - Villanova Edition

Reaction Score
Nova had a great defensive game plan and executed it very well. They really guarded the perimeter and prevented open 3's while also limiting our offensive rebounds. However, I thought we didn't look to get the ball inside, or to drive the lane as much as we could have. We learned something while still getting a W, so it's a double victory.
Yep, that was evident by SJ (2 Pts) and DC (6 pts)... That scoring output certainly needs to increase.

Reaction Score
Doubling TJ Bamba down low was wild, lead to an open three.
Just rewatched parts of the game. UConn was not good at (or Villanova responded well to) the double teams. Hurley backed off double teaming in the 2nd half and especially when Clingan was in the game. In general Nova moved the ball really well and got several open 3s and mismatches from the double teams.

Reaction Score
Just rewatched parts of the game. UConn was not good at (or Villanova responded well to) the double teams. Hurley backed off double teaming in the 2nd half and especially when Clingan was in the game. In general Nova moved the ball really well and got several open 3s and mismatches from the double teams.
I'm a fan of trying things like this, at least sometimes to see how they work. I agree it wasn't great against nova, but i think with a tweak or 2 it could work, but it's only needed when DC is off the court, or if we're worried about fouling. I love throwing the occasional curveball at an opponent. Even if it doesn't work, it's something they'll have to spend practice time preparing for before the next time they see us.

Reaction Score
Karaban torches a team so the next few games opponents say we won’t let Karaban beat us, then Cam Spencer and Newton torch opponents for a few games, and the opponent scout says don’t let Spencer and Newton beat you, and then Karaban is wide open again.
I think sometimes opposing defenses try to focus and take away a player, but fortunately UConn has a lot of weapons and when they take one thing away they leave something else open.
And sometimes it happens in the same game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom