Chief’s Briefs - SH / Big East Refs Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - SH / Big East Refs Edition

Reaction Score
UConn - Welcome to the Big East / 4 foul shots to 15 before garbage time. Our best player on the bench for a good part of the game. We are not playing an elite team but no worries the Big East refs will take care of it. And as a result Clingan injuried his foot/ankle.

Why are we playing in this league with a lousy Commissioner is beyond me. For the first time I am revealing that Brian O’Connell bad mouthed Hurley at a charity event a couple years ago.

When the fouls add up, we sit guys, get out of our rotations and lose our chemistry.

Having said this, we had guys that did not respond. Karaban had a rough game and not only did he miss most of his shots / his shot looked terrible. Alex needs to come out aggressive and make them play his game rather than react to the guy he’s coveting.

Johnson had his worse game of the year. He rushed everything and did not play with the poise or motor that we have seen. Spencer let the bad calls impact his play. Karaban was 3-12 and Spencer 2 for 7. 19% from three doesn’t cut it.

Give Richmond credit, he played very well and is a tough match up for Alex. I thought Castle should have played him more. Clingan, Newton and Castle were our best players but Clingan was limited by fouls and the injury. Davis played well for Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
UConn - Welcome to the Big East / 4 foul shots to 15 before garbage time. Our best player on the bench for a good part of the game. We are not playing an elite team but no worries the Big East refs will take care of it. And as a result Clingan injuried his foot/ankle.

Why are we playing in this league with a lousy Commissioner is beyond me. For the first time I am revealing that Brian O’Connell bad mouthed Hurley at a charity event a couple years ago.

When the fouls add up, we sit guys, get out of our rotations and lose our chemistry.

Having said this, we had guys that did not respond. Karaban had a rough game and not only did he miss most of his shots / his shot looked terrible. Alex needs to come out aggressive and make them play his game rather than react to the guy he’s coveting.

Johnson had his worse game of the year. He rushed everything and did not play with the poise or motor that we have seen. Spencer let the bad calls impact his play. Karaban was 3-12 and Spencer 2 for 7. 19% from three doesn’t cut it.

Give Richmond credit, he played very well and is a tough match up for Alex. I thought Castle should have played him more. Clingan, Newton and Castle were our best players but Clingan was limited by fouls and the injury. Davis played well for Seton Hall.
Richmond is a nice player but always plays his best game against us. The refs called a consistent game and that's all you ask for... It does lead to an ugly brand of game though that should be addressed.

Reaction Score
Where was the defensive adjustment? 30 minutes of straight lay ups.

Samson Johnson needs to work on how to grab a basketball on both offense and defense.

I counted at least one terrible turnover and multiple bad shots from every player.

UConn took a visit to the upside down

Reaction Score

DC got hurt on a bad foul by him.

Reaction Score
Where was the defensive adjustment? 30 minutes of straight lay ups.

Samson Johnson needs to work on how to grab a basketball on both offense and defense.

I counted at least one terrible turnover and multiple bad shots from every player.

UConn took a visit to the upside down
Samson needs to play less on the perimeter and more in the paint,

Reaction Score
Yeah we got beat. SH executed their game plan and we didn't. Clingan out was not the deciding factor.

It seemed we were overconfident and/or underestimated the Pirates.

Richmond was impressive and a fun watch. Castle could pick up some pointers, since they have similar styles.

Reaction Score
Don't like Castle and Diarra out on the court together, unless we have a double digit lead.

Refs were awful, but you can't have the number of head scratching turnovers that hey had tonight. There are turnovers when you push the pace and guys get a little out of control and then there are those where is is just a lazy pass. They can be so deflating to a team.

There are things I don't get like Johnson picking up an opposing center a the 3 point line, who doesn't ever shoot from outside and leaving the lane wide open for a guy like Richmond.

When the changes to the charge rule was announced, I instantly thought of Richmond and if his coach would just give the greenlight to run over guard after guard during Big East play.

Hopefully Clingan can get healthy and we'll see if Big East refs keep Newton from being an All-American this year.

Reaction Score

Alex guarded Richmond? Nope

Reaction Score
Castle will be good eventually but where’s his offensive game? And he got turned over with his passes tonight too. You can go to the NBA with what we’ve seen so far? He needs 2 seasons minimum.

Poe

Reaction Score
Anyone that’s complaining about the refs and pointing to them as the reason we lost is insane. Seton Hall was more aggressive, played harder, defense was intense and they hit tough shots.

Everyone was having trouble and I’d say no one played particularly well. Give credit to seton hall. Richmond continues to kill us so credit to him too.

Move on, adjust and play better. That’s it.

Reaction Score

Why in God's name would Alex be guarding Richmond? That couldn't have been the majority of the time.

This reminds me of last January. Mildly disconcerting, but nothing more. Sure hope Donovan is alright.

I do agree with the comment about UConn needing one more beefy post presence. If Donovan is out of for a while, you need someone heavier to help Samson.

Reaction Score
We were up by 10 and the refs changed the tempo of the game, then give Seton Hall credit they took advantage of Clingan on the bench and then his injury.
If you watched This game and you thought the only reason we lost was the refs, you need to switch what ever hallucinogenic you are on. We didn’t play well, shoot well, hang onto the ball well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom