Cheers to a greater season than expected! | The Boneyard

Cheers to a greater season than expected!

Reaction Score
Agreed... Like Hurley said a while back... "Get us now, because you won't be able to soon" or something like that. The talent we have coming in next year.... we are going to be a force. And hopefully tomorrow we will find out how powerful a force it will be... positive thoughts....

Reaction Score
Can’t say I was expecting to get to the FF and take Iowa down to the wire when we were staring down our worst season start in 30 years and injuries kept piling up. But it happened.

Can’t say the UConn players didn’t give it their all — blood, sweat, and tears — to remind everyone why we are the gold standard for sustained excellence in March.

Go Huskies. Next year is ours!!!

(But this year can also be the men’s!!)

Reaction Score
Agreed... Like Hurley said a while back... "Get us now, because you won't be able to soon" or something like that. The talent we have coming in next year.... we are going to be a force. And hopefully tomorrow we will find out how powerful a force it will be... positive thoughts....
Something like that :)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As disappointed as I and UConn Nation are, this team had a magnificent season. They battled against the odds all season. We were given up for dead back in December. But we came back strong. They proved UConn is still the standard by which all programs will be measured. They were (are) warriors that we all need to honor.

Geno and CD and the rest of the staff are just fantastic as coaches. Despite the fact he was not nominated, Geno is the COY.

To Nika and Aaliyah - all the best to both of you. Nika, my favorite since she came on campus, was the engine that drove the train. Her passion and fight will be remembered. The career leader in all aspects of assists. Her magnificent defense, especially last night, will long be remembered. Aaliyah finally got the All American recognition she so richly deserves. These two will always hold a special play in the hearts and minds of UConn fans.

Go Huskies!!!

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The one thing that pleases me more than making the FF is that Paige's name became prominent again throughout D1 WBB again. I read where some were thinking whatever happened to Paige Bueckers? Well, now they know. Now there are stories about her almost every day. It would seem that some of the people who talk about her would learn how to pronounce her name. I have heard people pronounce her last name Bewkers when real basketball fans know it should be pronounced Buckets. ;) So glad her name is back in the WBB spotlight.

Reaction Score
Yes, if one is objective about it, they achieved much more than many of us expected. However, they became a lot better than any of us expected especially Paige reaching such a high level. Once that happened and we saw what we were capable of, the dynamic changed. It still will always leave a bad taste in the mouth. Remember the call in the Seton Hall- Michigan National Championship game that gave the game to Michigan? Same thing for Hall fans. A little different because it was a championship, but same principle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
This team is CHAMPIONS, IMO. Period. No Doubt.
After what they went through-- ...again....! Coming back after that packed-white-out stands, star-studded night's very disappointing Notre Dame fourth quarter.....

Beating a #1 Seed USC as a #3, using 7 players, four of them freshmen..., and near USC's home turf......

Paige-- Post-game (USC?) Portland- "We have 60-70 points on the bench in street clothes........."

Handling, doing THAT !!,... again, 3rd time, to Killer Caitlin... !!

The 5'11" slender Power Forward.

The 5'11" Rim Protector.

Multiple other season examples

CHAMPIONS. Period.

(PS- Lets get a third-place NC State game set up next weekend, Or...., an The Ohio State...scrimmage ...)

Reaction Score
This is one of the memorable seasons since I’ve been watching UConn Women’s Basketball… and I’ve been a fan forever. From overcoming the severe injuries to players, to Paige playing a full season, to seeing the team unity and growth with grace and dignity. Thank you for the season of guts and glory. In this age of ‘media instant gratification’ I’m grateful to be a fan of this group of wonderful players, coaches and staff. Triumph and heartache. Looking forward to more next season.

Reaction Score
This was one of the very finest coaching achievements of Coach Geno's great career. But let's not overlook the supreme courage, dedication, and grit of the seven young women who overcame enormous obstacles to come within one basket of making the championship game. Breathtaking achievement. Worthy of an ESPN Thirty For Thirty documentary in the near future highlighting this group of athletes, and their amazing season!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Geno said something in his news conference that went by me. He said something something about the media and other programs that bears repeating.
His final statement is banner worthy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom