Chattanooga beats Rutgers by 13 | The Boneyard

Chattanooga beats Rutgers by 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apparently it was no fluke. They won every quarter.

Maybe they'll be ranked by the time we play them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am happy for Jim Foster. Puzzled why he didn't get where he needed to be at Ohio. Just too nice a guy? Lack of intensity? Gone now.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am happy for Jim Foster. Puzzled why he didn't get where he needed to be at Ohio. Just too nice a guy? Lack of intensity? Gone now.
I think Jim suffered from overhyped expectations driven by a generally mediocre Big10 conference, and the built in bias toward power conferences that exists in the RPI and therefore in the seedings of teams in the tournament. He had good teams at Ohio State but they were usually over seeded and when they did not live up to the seeding and bowed out early there was a sense of 'underachieving' based on his talent. I think there were probably one or two true hiccups in the NCAAs but mostly it was just his team wasn't as good as the external opinion of it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think Jim suffered from overhyped expectations driven by a generally mediocre Big10 conference, and the built in bias toward power conferences that exists in the RPI and therefore in the seedings of teams in the tournament. He had good teams at Ohio State but they were usually over seeded and when they did not live up to the seeding and bowed out early there was a sense of 'underachieving' based on his talent. I think there were probably one or two true hiccups in the NCAAs but mostly it was just his team wasn't as good as the external opinion of it.

You are who you are. But, having said that, I think if Jim had eaten more salads and given up on the sweaters he'd still be there. The whole Perry Como thing was not what people wanted, whether he had a VG basketball mind or not. Actually, the patience there spoke more for their indifference for women's athletics than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom