OT: - Charlotte Hornets fire HC James Borrego | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Charlotte Hornets fire HC James Borrego

Reaction Score
He’s always had bad relationships with young players. I’ve said it many times on this board. He has a history of having blow ups with players on the sidelines. Yet many on this board blamed Bouk. He’s an a**hole
don’t you hate it when coaches who haven’t earned the right, decide to act like a**holes anyway? Hasta la vista, jerkwad.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Thank god.
No one can be pop, but pop.

Exciting news in Charlotte. I might buy season tix next year if Kupchak gets this hire right...
It'd be great if they fired that fossil Kupchak as well. Game has passed him by.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Charlotte will always find a way to be a dumpster fire.

No reason to think that they will get this hire right.
Agreed. The only difference this time is they actually have some good young talent with like, some hope for the future? Maybe that will attract a good coach.

If I'm a good coach, I'd want to take a shot with Ball, Bridges, Oubre, Rozier, Bouknight, etc. And having Michael Jordan around is not bad either.

Reaction Score
The irony is that Bouk just had some really nice things to say about Borrego in a Charlotte Observer article. Regardless, Bouk should be better off.

Reaction Score
Could be that Borrego turned them in right direction and need the next guy for further steps.
Unfortunately much like Hawyard on the Celtics, him not being healthy is difference between playoffs & not last 2yrs.
Bright side looking from Jordan perspective is maybe he's finally bringing in outside help as the longtime story of everyone only being yes men to him has to be on his radar with the perpetual lack of success.
The one definite is that bringing the negative baggage makes its tiresome to talk about Bouknight here, even in this instance where he's on the complete periphery of the actual story.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is going to be a great opportunity for the next HC. Good mix of young talent, a franchise player and veterans.

Reaction Score
don’t you hate it when coaches who haven’t earned the right, decide to act like a**holes anyway? Hasta la vista, jerkwad.
Seems like it happens often with assistants working under HoF coaches…especially those HOF coaches that might be “unique”. Look at all the Belichek disciples that flamed out because they tried to act like him…but didn’t have the cred or the ability

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Could be that Borrego turned them in right direction and need the next guy for further steps.
Unfortunately much like Hawyard on the Celtics, him not being healthy is difference between playoffs & not last 2yrs.
Bright side looking from Jordan perspective is maybe he's finally bringing in outside help as the longtime story of everyone only being yes men to him has to be on his radar with the perpetual lack of success.
The one definite is that bringing the negative baggage makes its tiresome to talk about Bouknight here, even in this instance where he's on the complete periphery of the actual story.
Hayward is never healthy

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah let’s blame the coach in this situation. Maybe Bouk wasn’t good enough in practice, the coach saw him everyday. I’ve heard that one here. Or what do we know, we aren’t an NBA coach. The personality issue is on the coach not on the self described stubborn JB. Let’s play the young players in Charlotte but screw those at UConn and let’s go get others out of the portal. Hypocritical aren’t we. It’s not like JB didn’t have words with more than one Hornets coach. We all want JB to do well because it looks good for UConn. But in this case I’m thinking more of this lies with JB. Perhaps the change will be good for JB but he has to play fair in the sandbox too.
Charlotte has been a troubled franchise for some time but this season they had a nice blend of players and most NBA people liked what they saw during parts of the season. When watching the NBA channel constantly and seeing Charlotte many times, seldom if ever was JBs name brought up and when it was you heard more than not disappointment in effort and attitude.
None of us were there so nobody knows exactly what that relationship was between them. But to sit here and slay the coach, knowing what JB has said about his issues and reading between the lines in what the AC said - that to me is just not right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah let’s blame the coach in this situation. Maybe Bouk wasn’t good enough in practice, the coach saw him everyday. I’ve heard that one here. Or what do we know, we aren’t an NBA coach. The personality issue is on the coach not on the self described stubborn JB. Let’s play the young players in Charlotte but screw those at UConn and let’s go get others out of the portal. Hypocritical aren’t we. It’s not like JB didn’t have words with more than one Hornets coach. We all want JB to do well because it looks good for UConn. But in this case I’m thinking more of this lies with JB. Perhaps the change will be good for JB but he has to play fair in the sandbox too.
Charlotte has been a troubled franchise for some time but this season they had a nice blend of players and most NBA people liked what they saw during parts of the season. When watching the NBA channel constantly and seeing Charlotte many times, seldom if ever was JBs name brought up and when it was you heard more than not disappointment in effort and attitude.
None of us were there so nobody knows exactly what that relationship was between them. But to sit here and slay the coach, knowing what JB has said about his issues and reading between the lines in what the AC said - that to me is just not right.
The coach has a history of arguing and not getting along with young players on the sideline. It’s not to say Bouk doesn’t share any culpability. But to ignore the coaches history is being deliberately ignorant

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This coach was given a diamond and decided to stick it up his own butt. All he did was hurt himself. So, yeah, blame him.

Reaction Score

Not here to make commentary on your thoughts. Just here to recommend next time you don't use initials when discussing a topic involving to individuals with the same initials.

caw

Reaction Score
I don’t think he was necessarily an a**hole. He just had serious issues playing rookies.

He was hired for a different team composition, honestly they should have hired a new coach when they got Ball.

Definitely need a coach focused on development.

Reaction Score
I don't know much about this coach, but I suspect he's not the only a-**** in the league. Bouk needs to focus on his own behavior when he inevitably has to work with the next one.

Reaction Score
I don't know much about this coach, but I suspect he's not the only a-**** in the league. Bouk needs to focus on his own behavior when he inevitably has to work with the next one.
Except we don’t know why he responded the way he did. Nothing besides that out of CHA has indicated he’s been a problem. Everyone beside borego who’s played with him and coached him seems to love him. No young player in CHA got along with Borego including their franchise player(Ball). It’s why he no longer has a job.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone else hearing any Coach K to Charlotte rumors?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Saw this last night. ZERO % confidence is the source. But would be a hell of a scoop…

Yep. My buddy showed me that last night. That's exactly what I was talking about.

Reaction Score
Saw this last night. ZERO % confidence is the source. But would be a hell of a scoop…

Coach K doesn’t look healthy, like he could barely move. Don’t know if this move makes any sense , if it’s true.

Reaction Score
If you're a coach who knows he's on the hotseat, you are going to play the guys to help you win.
In the olden days, a rookie who has an attitude would be taken out to the woodshed by the veterans and given the come to Jesus talk.

Reaction Score
This message was all about the franchise LaMelo Ball. If he wanted this guy to stay, it’s doubtful Charlotte would get rid of him. The fact that nobody’s shedding any tears about this firing tells me it wasn’t just about Bouk’s issues, but a number of bigger factors. Wrong coach, right time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom