CFN:Big East Predicted Finishes | The Boneyard

CFN:Big East Predicted Finishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Trying to predict the Big East is like trying to predict where the stock market will be in two weeks.

That being said, if UConn finishes 5-7.... it's almost impossible against that schedule....

Reaction Score
We win two Big East titles and STILL no respect! Bulletin board material!

Reaction Score
It's nothing but an quasi-educated guessing game. Then it's about injuries and the bounce of a few balls. But, even with that being said, my hunch is we'll have a greater chance for a BCS Bowl than a 5-7 year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Trying to predict the Big East is like trying to predict where the stock market will be in two weeks.

That being said, if UConn finishes 5-7.... it's almost impossible against that schedule....

It was less possible against last year's schedule, and happened.

Reaction Score

who would have guessed going into last season that our OOC schedule would include 3 bowl teams?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
who would have guessed going into last season that our OOC schedule would include 3 bowl teams?

...that would could have/should have beaten.

Reaction Score
Iowa State was a very good team last season. That LB crew was terrific.

That said, we were in a position to win that game, gave away the game at Vandy and against WMU wigged out because Blidi was hurt. Very unimpressive stretch by the coaches, though I thought they got better as the season went on.

Reaction Score
i think another year in the system and more stability at QB will be the difference this year and we'll win a lot of those close games. more often than not the difference between 5 wins and 8 wins is a few points over a few close games, and i think we'll be in better shape to get those points this year.

P was definitely rusty at times as well. hopefully some of that shook off and we'll see better decisions, and more timely decisions when the clock is a factor than last season

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Last year's schedule wasnt this bad. Vandy and ISU had pulses and Temple for WVU. Throw in 4 BE home games and what may be a pretty decimated Maryland roster....

Reaction Score
Garbage article if for no other reason they pick Syracuse to finish ahead of us. We should have a dominant defense, and the offense will be much improved. I say the over/under for UCONN is 8 wins and I am taking the over.

Reaction Score
Not true about the Orange. They won a national championship in like 1954 or something and Jim Brown played there. Goodness only knows how we've been able to kick the snot out of them the past five seasons in a row. Friggin miracle if you ask me.

Reaction Score

Based on some of your posts after the Spring Game, I don't know how you can go from there to it's impossible to go 5-7 against our schedule.

I know the schedule is weak, but we have huge question marks on the OL and, although people (myself included) are predicting an upgrade at QB, that position is still unsettled.

I honestly don't know what to make of this season. I'm more confused than I was at this point last year. 5-7 I think is the worst case scenario. But I also think the ceiling is 9-3. My best guess is somewhere in between.

5 wins - disappointment
6 wins - disappointment but salvageable with a good showing in a bowl
7 wins - content (meh)
8 wins - good season
9 plus wins - great season

Reaction Score
If ESPN or CFC or whatever acronym didn't pick us to finish 6th or 7th each year...it just wouldn't seem right.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Based on some of your posts after the Spring Game, I don't know how you can go from there to it's impossible to go 5-7 against our schedule.

I know the schedule is weak, but we have huge question marks on the OL and, although people (myself included) are predicting an upgrade at QB, that position is still unsettled.

I honestly don't know what to make of this season. I'm more confused than I was at this point last year. 5-7 I think is the worst case scenario. But I also think the ceiling is 9-3. My best guess is somewhere in between.

5 wins - disappointment
6 wins - disappointment but salvageable with a good showing in a bowl
7 wins - content (meh)
8 wins - good season
9 plus wins - great season

Uh UMass, Maryland, Buffalo, WMU and Temple suck. If they go 5-7 against that schedule that is a full fledged debacle.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't think we can assume that Maryland will suck. They have talent on their roster and if they come together as a team (maybe the departures will be addition by subtraction?) they'll be a tough out at home.

I think we can count on 4 victories, I think Louisville will be very good and playing them on the road is a highly probably loss. The other 7 will be competitive. I think road games at USF and Rutgers are probable losses, NC State at home is a tough game, Maryland and all the Big East games except Temple should be competitive.

I'm optimistic - I said 8-4 was most probable but I predicted 9-3 - but let's not kid ourselves. If there are injuries or the OL has unfixable holes, 4-8 is possible. But I'm hoping for 9-3 or better, I think success on the field would give recruiting a huge boost and give PP a lot more credibility and good press. Having been away from the college game and having finished with a few poor years at Syracuse has created some doubters, you can see it in the press. I think if we can build a virtuous circle of performance on the field and good recruiting, there's no limit to how well we can do.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think we can assume that Maryland will suck. They have talent on their roster and if they come together as a team (maybe the departures will be addition by subtraction?) they'll be a tough out at home.

I think we can count on 4 victories, I think Louisville will be very good and playing them on the road is a highly probably loss. The other 7 will be competitive. I think road games at USF and Rutgers are probable losses, NC State at home is a tough game, Maryland and all the Big East games except Temple should be competitive.

I'm optimistic - I said 8-4 was most probable but I predicted 9-3 - but let's not kid ourselves. If there are injuries or the OL has unfixable holes, 4-8 is possible. But I'm hoping for 9-3 or better, I think success on the field would give recruiting a huge boost and give PP a lot more credibility and good press. Having been away from the college game and having finished with a few poor years at Syracuse has created some doubters, you can see it in the press. I think if we can build a virtuous circle of performance on the field and good recruiting, there's no limit to how well we can do.

As a plus at 9-3 we get hear all the props for Coach P, winningest coach in BE history, etc. from the same group in the media who wondered why we chose a reanimated a corpse as our HC.

Reaction Score
3-2 against noncons is almost a must for PP. W/prez and AD who didn't hire him, he'll need minimum of 6 wins to keep job. These guys say PP is on 'edge of hot seat'. Hope the 'rust' has been shaken off.

Reaction Score
3-2 against noncons is almost a must for PP. W/prez and AD who didn't hire him, he'll need minimum of 6 wins to keep job. These guys say PP is on 'edge of hot seat'. Hope the 'rust' has been shaken off.
He is in the same company as Kirk ferments and bp pelini. I think he will be all right

Reaction Score
Should we consider Petrino if PP doesn't work out? He may be a scum of a human being, but he is an offensive genius. Such are so rare.

Reaction Score
Should we consider Petrino if PP doesn't work out? He may be a scum of a human being, but he is an offensive genius. Such are so rare.

Gonna guess Herbst/Manuel will go for gold on next hire, but the next place Petrino works will not be above the Mason-Dixon line. BTW I want PP to succeed but this program can't afford another sub-mediocre season. Can't let Western Michigan throw for 419 yards, etc. etc. . . . .How about this name: Mark Richt if Georgia lets him go? would take him in a second. and Herbst worked at UGA.

Reaction Score
It would take an awful lot for me to cancel my season tickets. Hiring an absolute dirtbag like Petrino may do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom