OT: - Census | The Boneyard

OT: Census

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm retired and not much interested in a real job anymore. But without earned income you can't put money into your Roth IRA and mine needs more funds all of a sudden. So I just took a temp job for the Census. It entails visiting addresses in my area and asking a short list of questions. You pretty much make your own hours and get $23.50 an hour (no benefits) for 10-40 hours a week. This might work for some of you with an uncertain job outlook ahead. At least it will keep the funds flowing. It's a painless, on-line application process.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I had a guy trying to sell us new windows a couple days ago. Really??

Reaction Score
I was going to work for the census before the pandemic stuff got real. Then, my training got cancelled and stuff shifted around with my full-time gig, so I backed out. I feel like it could have worked really well for me though. Maybe next decade!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm retired and not much interested in a real job anymore. But without earned income you can't put money into your Roth IRA and mine needs more funds all of a sudden. So I just took a temp job for the Census. It entails visiting addresses in my area and asking a short list of questions. You pretty much make your own hours and get $23.50 an hour (no benefits) for 10-40 hours a week. This might work for some of you with an uncertain job outlook ahead. At least it will keep the funds flowing. It's a painless, on-line application process.

2020 Census suspends field operations because of coronavirus.

Here in WNC census takers are no different than revenuers.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Yeah, well...
There really wasn't many field operations going on presently. The mass training I'm taking is scheduled for May with the work to come later.
I thank you for posting some solutions that some here may find helpful even if others do not. I know some younger people that would like a shot at $23.50 an hour and will pass this along.

Reaction Score
I also have been hired. I’ve been retired for a year and think 6 weeks of temporary flex work would be a change. Have not heard about my training but if corona is still an issue I will bow out.
So happy that I did not fall into the trap of opening a small business. Daughter wanted me to open an escape room biz. That would have been a $200,000 disaster with this pandemic.
Only successful small biz I would consider is selling illegal drugs, but I can’t do the time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom